ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   I've Got Another Set Of Wheels...Again (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/934363-ive-got-another-set-of-wheels-again.html)

Cannon Fodder 30 April 2012 10:08 PM

I've Got Another Set Of Wheels...Again

As some of you might be aware I do like a nice set of wheels adorning my car, so when I heard about a set of BBS lightweight alloys that might be coming up for sale I did the dirty deed (and not what you are thinking :Suspiciou) at PCAD on Saturday and agreed to buy them. :)

So anyway as usual they are going to be refurbished but this time they are going to be staying the factory colour or near as damn makes no difference.

These wheels are quite rare, although not as rare as the CE28N's they will certainly will look just as good on my car.

I picked them up tonight from VC, and they do need a colour change back to the original gold as something went terribly wrong when they were refurbished before, they have eneded up looking almost red when seen in certain lighting conditions but when using a flash they do look a lot more like the original gold colour. :wonder:

I have no doubt that someone will be able to pinpoint what went wrong with the previous refurb, personally I haven't got a clue.

This is the colour that they are now:

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/s...t/90700134.jpg

And this is quite close to how they should look:

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/s...t/0ed6d668.jpg

Although in the above pic (taken with a flash) you can still see the reddish tinge to the paintwork.

The Trooper 1815 30 April 2012 10:11 PM

Double Tart!

mp24 30 April 2012 10:13 PM

Ty you have a serious wheel fetish :-)

duckdo 30 April 2012 10:14 PM

how many sets of wheels does one man need ty :D look nice though :thumb:

GIBZY 30 April 2012 10:14 PM

http://sspvinyl.com/shop/images/im_a_wheel_whore.JPG

prodriverules 30 April 2012 10:16 PM

You should change your user name to 'Alloy man' Tyron:D
They will look rather nice though,wonder what the difference in weight is between those's and the current one's?

redwards 30 April 2012 10:17 PM

I was tempted to get these from VC a while back, but couldn't justify it. Looking at those pics they don't quite look how I imagined, I'll be interested to see them on the car.

How many sets is that now Ty?

Cannon Fodder 30 April 2012 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 10602891)
Double Tart!

You know how long I've been after these wheels Ian, how many times did I ask you about them? ;)

Originally Posted by mp24 (Post 10602895)
Ty you have a serious wheel fetish :-)

Better that than one of the more 'adult' fetishes, I've heard all about you from Ryan. :D

Originally Posted by duckdo (Post 10602897)
how many sets of wheels does one man need ty :D look nice though :thumb:

I've got 4 sets of wheels at the moment but 2 sets are or will be going up for sale soon or are provisionally sold. ;)

Cannon Fodder 30 April 2012 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by GIBZY (Post 10602899)

You knows it. :thumb:

Originally Posted by prodriverules (Post 10602901)
You should change your user name to 'Alloy man' Tyron:D
They will look rather nice though,wonder what the difference in weight is between those's and the current one's?

They are about 0.5kg heavier than the CE28N's but they are still a lot lighter than the factory wheels, I do like these wheels in gold and should look good on a WR blue car.

Perhaps a user name change to 'Wheels' or something similar Ryan? :D

Originally Posted by redwards (Post 10602905)
I was tempted to get these from VC a while back, but couldn't justify it. Looking at those pics they don't quite look how I imagined, I'll be interested to see them on the car.

How many sets is that now Ty?

The colour is totally wrong for the wheels Rich, VC told me how disappointed he was with the colour they turned out after they were sprayed so it'll be nice to see them back in gold.

Just the 4 sets at the moment Rich, lucky I've got plenty of storage at work though. :cool:

prodriverules 30 April 2012 10:38 PM

Or Mike 'The wheeler dealer';):D
Nice pick though and will defo look good in gold against the blue:luvlove:
Where are some nice shots up in the hills with the new stance etc then aye??:Suspiciou:D
AND from the N/S:lol1:

Cannon Fodder 30 April 2012 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by prodriverules (Post 10602952)
Or Mike 'The wheeler dealer';):D
Nice pick though and will defo look good in gold against the blue:luvlove:
Where are some nice shots up in the hills with the new stance etc then aye??:Suspiciou:D
AND from the N/S:lol1:

Funnily enough I planned to take a drive over the Gower and take some pics, probably with Worms Head as a backdrop, but it'll have to be early Saturday morning or even Friday night before all the bloody caravanners start blocking the roads up around there. :brickwall :)

prodriverules 30 April 2012 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder (Post 10602964)
Funnily enough I planned to take a drive over the Gower and take some pics, probably with Worms Head as a backdrop, but it'll have to be early Saturday morning or even Friday night before all the bloody caravanners start blocking the roads up around there. :brickwall :)

Sounds like a plan,we will have to do some pictures of ours motors up there together when I venture your way mate.
It is one hell of a back drop up there for piccy's!!

Black-Hawk 30 April 2012 11:04 PM

:facepalm:

sniffmydiff 30 April 2012 11:30 PM

:lol::brickwall

Originally Posted by Black-Hawk (Post 10602996)

Cannon Fodder 01 May 2012 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Black-Hawk (Post 10602996)

Originally Posted by sniffmydiff (Post 10603030)
:lol::brickwall

You two keep quiet, and you'll be seeing me very soon after this post Mr Jarvis. :p

Cannon Fodder 01 May 2012 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by prodriverules (Post 10602967)
Sounds like a plan,we will have to do some pictures of ours motors up there together when I venture your way mate.
It is one hell of a back drop up there for piccy's!!

No problem Ryan, you never know perhaps even Jarvis can add a couple of miles to his car provided it's not raining or a grey cloud in the northern hemisphere. :)

ozzreid1964 01 May 2012 06:44 AM

well i'm speachless :lol1:

KJD Mk1 01 May 2012 08:41 AM

:thumb:

Cannon Fodder 01 May 2012 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by ozzreid1964 (Post 10603185)
well i'm speachless :lol1:

I wonder if the orange wheels will fit the Mondeo? :wonder: :D

Originally Posted by KJD Mk1 (Post 10603247)
:thumb:

:)

The Trooper 1815 01 May 2012 10:32 AM

I should be on a % with VC at the minute, wheels, exhaust and some other stuff too!

wrx287 01 May 2012 11:42 AM

They looked lovely on the Spec C with Rich. Should look nice on yours Ty. Any sets going cheap yet?:norty: Need a cheap Track set.

Cannon Fodder 01 May 2012 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by wrx287 (Post 10603408)
They looked lovely on the Spec C with Rich. Should look nice on yours Ty. Any sets going cheap yet?:norty: Need a cheap Track set.

I wasn't aware that the car had these wheels on it Calvin, when I bought it I had the white PFF7's on it (and everyone knows my thoughts on white wheels).

I do have the 18" Inovit ST VI's in gunmetal which definitely will be up for sale soon, you can have them for a good price if you are interested - they have Falken FK452's fitted to them with around 5mm of tread on them.

I can't send you any pics as Merv has them at the moment. :)

Cannon Fodder 01 May 2012 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 10603351)
I should be on a % with VC at the minute, wheels, exhaust and some other stuff too!

Your like a big brother to him Ian, you do it because your a nice man. :thumb:

Silver Scooby Sport 01 May 2012 06:00 PM

Ty I have some concerns about you :D

Rally fan 555 01 May 2012 07:40 PM

Nice set there Tyron !! ;) Nice to catch up with you last night, sorry the little Villains were at large LOL. They will look great on the car ;)

Cannon Fodder 01 May 2012 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Scooby Sport (Post 10603912)
Ty I have some concerns about you :D

I do as well Simon, but what can you do? :thumb:

Originally Posted by Rally fan 555 (Post 10604100)
Nice set there Tyron !! ;) Nice to catch up with you last night, sorry the little Villains were at large LOL. They will look great on the car ;)

Thanks Simon, it was nice to catch up with you face to face. The little 'villains' are growing up quickly, I hope your fence got sorted as well. :)

prodriverules 01 May 2012 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder (Post 10603159)
No problem Ryan, you never know perhaps even Jarvis can add a couple of miles to his car provided it's not raining or a grey cloud in the northern hemisphere. :)

:lol1::lol1:
I'll pick a nice sunny day in that case,could even get Ian and have 2 classic's and 2 newage:)

wrx287 02 May 2012 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder (Post 10603446)
I wasn't aware that the car had these wheels on it Calvin, when I bought it I had the white PFF7's on it (and everyone knows my thoughts on white wheels).

I do have the 18" Inovit ST VI's in gunmetal which definitely will be up for sale soon, you can have them for a good price if you are interested - they have Falken FK452's fitted to them with around 5mm of tread on them.

I can't send you any pics as Merv has them at the moment. :)

Thats ok Ty. Ideally want 17's for track and road as when the geometry is done i want to stay with same width and diameter.:thumb:

ryan33hks 03 May 2012 09:29 AM

You'll have 2 cracking sets of wheels soon FairPlay mate

Cannon Fodder 03 May 2012 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by ryan33hks (Post 10606214)
You'll have 2 cracking sets of wheels soon FairPlay mate

Cheers Ryan, you get to see the finished result first as well. :)

I hope you are keeping an eye on your biatch as well. :thumb: