ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   West Mids Imprezas (https://www.scoobynet.com/west-mids-imprezas-433/)
-   -   Dilemma over a old car (https://www.scoobynet.com/west-mids-imprezas-433/933652-dilemma-over-a-old-car.html)

stonefish 24 April 2012 07:57 PM

Dilemma over a old car

Ok guys i don't know what to do here, I was trawling though the classifieds having a bit of a dream and reminiscing over what was and i came across my old car.. WOW ive found it with a bit of a lump in my throat, ive been looking out for this car for years.. (my old toy is still alive):luxhello:
I bought this car in 2002-2003 of my cousins mate with NO HISTORY (i know yeah) but trust me this thing was clean and i mean clean.. It did have history but my cousins mate lost it.. I bought it cheapish for what Kind of car it was, and the fact knowing my cousin and his pal were fanatical about these cars..
KNOW here LIES the PROBLEM this car now is close to the top end of its price bracket with FULL DEALER HISTORY FROM NEW..
I KNOW DIFFERENT.. WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?? SHOULD I JUST LEAVE IT BE??? I DON'T WANT THIS CAR BACK I JUST THINK IT IS WRONG, CLONED HISTORY OR SOMETHING??

scubbay 24 April 2012 08:00 PM

If the original history was main dealer perhaps it was supplied on request.

stonefish 24 April 2012 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by scubbay (Post 10593864)
If the original history was main dealer perhaps it was supplied on request.

Maybe but this is an old car and he said he had a stack of history and receipts?? You cant get hold of old mot's that easy can you??

B4D HK 24 April 2012 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by stonefish (Post 10593861)
Ok guys i don't know what to do here, I was trawling though the classifieds having a bit of a dream and reminiscing over what was and i came across my old car.. WOW ive found it with a bit of a lump in my throat, ive been looking out for this car for years.. (my old toy is still alive):luxhello:
I bought this car in 2002-2003 of my cousins mate with NO HISTORY (i know yeah) but trust me this thing was clean and i mean clean.. It did have history but my cousins mate lost it.. I bought it cheapish for what Kind of car it was, and the fact knowing my cousin and his pal were fanatical about these cars..
KNOW here LIES the PROBLEM this car now is close to the top end of its price bracket with FULL DEALER HISTORY FROM NEW..
I KNOW DIFFERENT.. WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?? SHOULD I JUST LEAVE IT BE???

Life's to short, If you miss it, go for it :thumb:
(would I buy any of my cars back? personally no, it's a bit like an ex girlfriend)

stonefish 24 April 2012 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by B4D HK (Post 10593964)
Life's to short, If you miss it, go for it :thumb:
(would I buy any of my cars back? personally no, it's a bit like an ex girlfriend)

Sorry i don't think i have explained properly, its not that i want it back it's that i know up till 2003 this car had no paper work<but all of a sudden ha presto full history.. Thats my concern.. What would you do?

B4D HK 24 April 2012 09:44 PM

Oh lol, let it go, not your issue anymore :)

0121subs 24 April 2012 09:46 PM

full service history to me can be made up no problem if you know the right people/but if the mileage on every mot is spot on thats a different story.

Adam-M 24 April 2012 09:55 PM

I personally wouldnt take it any further than emailing the seller, it may even be a mis-understanding.

K12HAK 27 April 2012 12:22 AM

It's a shame people do lie about these things, but personally I would just let it go, there isn't much you could do yourself other than send the seller an email, (which he will most probably ignore if it's actually his doing, if he's innocent he may be concerned himself), regardless I would let it go. As H said, it may be blunt but it's not your issue anymore!