ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   England v West Indies, this summer. (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/933142-england-v-west-indies-this-summer.html)

alcazar 20 April 2012 12:41 PM

England v West Indies, this summer.

Or a county match. I urge you to go if you have any interest or passion for fast bowlers.

The WIndies now have a pair who I believe will become the equals of Hall and Griffiths, Marshal amd Garner.
Fidel Edwards, and Kemar Roach, the latter being one of the quickest I've ever seen.........and I've seen them all since the days of Trueman and Statham. And both have accuracy as well as pace. Roach is only 23.

I've just got back from Barbados, and was lucky enough to get two days at the test between the Windies and Oz. Paid $30Barbados (about £10 for the third day and $10Barbados for the last day, about £3.30!

And the atmosphere at the Kensington Oval is one to remember........an incredibly friendly and knowledgeable crowd.

I was also lucky to go to the last day with a member of the W.Indies Cricket Club, who got me into the members only part of the Worral,Weekes and Walcott stand, and at the end met both Lance Gibbs and Wes Hall. What a day.

Funkii Munkii 20 April 2012 03:17 PM

You forgot a couple of the fastest

Anderson Montgomery Everton "Andy" Roberts and the Legend that is Michael Holding, I had the pleasure of bumping into Michael Holding at Lords in 2008 what a gent, such a polite and gracious human being.

Althogh they played reasonably well on their crap pitches against the Aussies we should hand them their arses on a plate when they come over here :thumb:

alcazar 20 April 2012 03:37 PM

The pitch at the Kensington oval was pretty good.

Ha! Ha! we SHOULD, but should and do are two different things.......

Aye, sorry for forgetting those two, typing after a nap isn't a good idea.

Funkii Munkii 20 April 2012 06:18 PM

A series worth looking out for "An Aussie Goes Calypso" made by Granada with Gus Worland, he follows the Aussies on the trour of the W.I. living with locals and experiencing local life eating local delicacies, going to the matches with them etc etc.

Also worth watching are An Aussies goes Bolly and An Aussie goes Barmy when he joins the barmy army for the ill fated 5-0 2006-2007 series down under.

Gus was living in the UK when the series were commissioned but ended up moving back to Oz in 2009.

I've never seen them on TV over here and only in Aus, but if you can download them from somewhere I'm sure you'd realLy enjoy them, some of the characters he meets are superb especialy the guys and gals in the W.I.

'7' 27 April 2012 06:34 PM

Never heard of them but will try to see if a 'mate' can get them for me :thumb:

I've been too busy eating my honecomb tim tams to look on here :D

Funkii Munkii 27 April 2012 07:39 PM

You still cant beat the black forest gateau :thumb:

'7' 30 April 2012 01:52 PM

but the double caramel ones were delicious :D

Good to see we are still #1