ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   95 impreza wont start *HELP PLEASE** (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/932815-95-impreza-wont-start-help-please.html)

golfcamel 17 April 2012 10:08 PM

95 impreza wont start *HELP PLEASE**

***Help**** got a 95 2lt turbo import, was going all ok the check engine light came on now and again but never for long and didnt seem to be causing a problem, parked car went back to it the next day and it wouldnt start, just cranks over?? Have done the self diagnostic by conecting the 2 black wires and engine check light flashed up several codes = 45,24,23,31,11. Have put another knock sensor on because the outer casing was broken, have also put another crank sensor on( not new) workin one from ebay, but still no joy, have disconnected battery, re done all earths, tried to reset ecu but still no joy. Now the engine check light when in check mode continuosly flashes and car still wont start. Have checked fuel pump and relay which are working but doesnt seem to have fuel coming out of pipe when disconnected and cranked. Can anyone help PLEASE starting to loose my rag:freak3:

wiggy1 17 April 2012 10:14 PM

Cam sensor, I had similar problems with mine! Hope this helps wiggy:thumb:

Originally Posted by golfcamel (Post 10583149)
***Help**** got a 95 2lt turbo import, was going all ok the check engine light came on now and again but never for long and didnt seem to be causing a problem, parked car went back to it the next day and it wouldnt start, just cranks over?? Have done the self diagnostic by conecting the 2 black wires and engine check light flashed up several codes = 45,24,23,31,11. Have put another knock sensor on because the outer casing was broken, have also put another crank sensor on( not new) workin one from ebay, but still no joy, have disconnected battery, re done all earths, tried to reset ecu but still no joy. Now the engine check light when in check mode continuosly flashes and car still wont start. Have checked fuel pump and relay which are working but doesnt seem to have fuel coming out of pipe when disconnected and cranked. Can anyone help PLEASE starting to loose my rag:freak3:

diggingcontractor 17 April 2012 10:15 PM

some imports have an aftermarket feul cut off connected to the alarm we had a jap import disco it was a little box in the feul line under the car we spent hours pissing around before finding it it might be some thing different but would be worth a look try taking the fuel line off in the boot flick the ignition on and off see if it comes out there and good look lol

RICHARD J 17 April 2012 10:59 PM

If you have no fuel coming out of the supply to the engine then youv answered your own question. Use a test light or multimeter to check voltage to the pump. If you have voltage & earth but no supply of fuel it's the pump. If no voltage to pump then you need to fault find the electrics.

wrs 17 April 2012 11:37 PM

If it's got fuel then sounds like the pump,

scoobydoobytim 18 April 2012 12:34 AM

Open fuse box under bonnet there are 2 green square fuses if one has blown swap them over see if this works one affects fuel pump priming the other works electric windows and other things pretty common worth a look quick fix if it is.