ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   F1 back with a bang! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/932547-f1-back-with-a-bang.html)

Alan Jeffery 15 April 2012 10:25 PM

F1 back with a bang!

Excellent race today, and well worth watching if you haven't seen it yet. Wheel to wheel stuff for the last 20 laps, and a brilliant scrap for the podium.

Jamz3k 15 April 2012 10:28 PM

Everytime I read something like this, I watch F1 the following week and get bitterly disappointed.

Aaron1978 15 April 2012 10:29 PM

Agreed, one of the best for a long time. If Button hadn't of had the bad luck in the pits I feel he would have been on the back of Rosberg and he wouldn't have been able to look after his tyres! Did you see how Raikonen (sp) went backwards :lol1:

Fantom 15 April 2012 10:30 PM

I was really disappointed when Schumacher retired :( he's had some bad luck so far.
Great for Rosberg and was an exciting finish

craigo 15 April 2012 10:34 PM

anyone know how many overtakes there were compared to last years ?

scoobynewbie72 15 April 2012 10:36 PM

Ive found all 3 races this year to be fun packed for various reasons, I cant say any have been boring,
I would like to have seen a battle between the Merc AMG guys.

a5h 15 April 2012 10:48 PM

Got to agree was a great race with plenty of action. Here's hopping this is just a sign of what to come fro the rest of the season.

craigo 15 April 2012 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by craigo (Post 10580065)
anyone know how many overtakes there were compared to last years ?

wasnt there 80 odd passes last year.....

RA Dunk 15 April 2012 10:56 PM

Can't remember the last time I saw so many cars close up and fighting for a podium! :eek:

Watched it on BBC as well as opposed to Sky and have to say BBC are still the better of the two, DC and EJ are still my favourites. :cool:

a5h 15 April 2012 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by RA Dunk (Post 10580094)
Can't remember the last time I saw so many cars close up and fighting for a podium! :eek:

Watched it on BBC as well as opposed to Sky and have to say BBC are still the better of the two, DC and EJ are still my favourites. :cool:

That new guy who does the commentary on Sky is a pile of crap. Don't know what they were thinking with him :wonder:

Jamie 15 April 2012 11:23 PM

AF Spot on chap.

urban 16 April 2012 08:48 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, perhaps if would have been better if the first 20 laps were like the last.

ScoobyWon't 16 April 2012 09:18 AM

Let's hope that we get similar racing in Bahrain, to focus on the on track action rather than what's happening (or not) off the track.

Gear Head 16 April 2012 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by urban (Post 10580245)
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, perhaps if would have been better if the first 20 laps were like the last.

Agreed, took a while to get going.

But all 3 races this year have been fantastic.

As for David Croft alongside Martin Brundle, I like him. He used to do the commentry for radio 5 live as well as BBC TV for the practice sessions, so he has been around F1 for a long time and knows his stuff.

The Sky race coverage is actually ok, especially the different viewing cams, such as onboard (usually get to chose between 5 cars).
It is just the pre and post race coverage that lets it down. Far too many people involved that don't know what they are talking about.
Even Johny Herbert doesn't seem to know that DRS can only be used at one point per lap when less than a second behind the car in front, yet he said more than once that Rosbergs win was help by it. :rolleyes:

And Jamz3k, what shows do you actually like? Because as a car fan, you don't seem to like most shows that involve them! :lol:

EddScott 16 April 2012 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 10580051)
Everytime I read something like this, I watch F1 the following week and get bitterly disappointed.

In that case I'd avoid next weeks race. Bahrain is traditionally quite boring. The only genuine entertainment is likely going to be from the crowd - expect track invasions and other shenannigans.

Boro 16 April 2012 10:21 AM

Mark Webbers wheelie was exceptional lol

I bet he thought he was going over again!

Gear Head 16 April 2012 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Boro (Post 10580366)
Mark Webbers wheelie was exceptional lol

I bet he thought he was going over again!

3rd time lucky.
Think he is gunning for a redbull air-racer job!

Funkii Munkii 16 April 2012 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by RA Dunk (Post 10580094)

Ditto, it's a no brainer if both channels have it live, imho. :thumb:

Boro 16 April 2012 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Gear Head (Post 10580376)
3rd time lucky.
Think he is gunning for a redbull air-racer job!

Do you think someone should tell him Red Bull doesn't actually give you wings?!

Gear Head 16 April 2012 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Boro (Post 10580393)
Do you think someone should tell him Red Bull doesn't actually give you wings?!

May be it is just advertising then, as clearly, in Webbers case at least, it does! :D

Ant 16 April 2012 10:55 AM

I went to watch btcc a lot more entertaining.

EddScott 16 April 2012 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Ant (Post 10580406)
I went to watch btcc a lot more entertaining.

There is a great field for BTCC this year. I thought at one stage when all the manufacturers left it might fold.

Ant 16 April 2012 11:10 AM

Yeah it's not been disappointing so far action in every race yesterday all for £30 that's value for money there.

Skoda should be joining soon later in the year too.

kennyc 16 April 2012 01:46 PM

I watched it live on sky then was flicking through channels later on and came across BBC highlights - sorry absolute no contest - Sky coverage FAR superior than BBC! Sky getting better and better with every race aswell.