ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   use v power and momentum? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/931799-use-v-power-and-momentum.html)

yabbadoo4 09 April 2012 08:28 PM

use v power and momentum?

just had my wagon mapped by andy f. got a good result 315bhp and pulling like a train! ive put in v power since i bought the car (over a year) but come mapping time the idiotic panic buying with the petrol started and i couldnt get v power but managed to get momentum from tesco and had the car mapped on that. met a guy from sidc who is a tanker driver who told me that momentum and v power come from the same gantry at the refinery and are the same fuel bar a couple of different additives. my question is can i use v power or momentum now? basically theres a shell garage with v power 2 mins from my house and the tesco is 20 mins away! can i mix the 2 if as the guy says they are the same fuel in effect?:confused:

Jacko4130 09 April 2012 08:35 PM

Form what i have read and understand as long as its 99 ron you will be fine

chocolate_o_brian 09 April 2012 08:41 PM

Momentum and V-power will be fine. V-power is around an average of 99.6ron and Momentum 99ron. This is from Bob Rawles mouth so I trust it religiously. My Scoob is mapped for Momentum due to availability locally, but again during the panic buying when running on fumes I had to use V-power and the Scoob was fine :)

tubbytommy 09 April 2012 08:46 PM

i only use momentum now and have done so for 3 years as its close to me, its 99 ron so it should be fine.
i read an article in a magazine a while ago where they compared v power and momentum and found no difference.

yabbadoo4 09 April 2012 08:49 PM

cheers lads! just wanted to be sure, so can i go back to v power which ive always used although its mapped for the momentum? or do i stick with momentum and use v power when stuck? as i said it would be handier to use v power as the garage is right beside my house

tubbytommy 09 April 2012 08:50 PM

only reason i use momentum is its local, id use vpower if shell was nearer

yabbadoo4 09 April 2012 09:07 PM

good enough for me cheers tommy.

carl heath 09 April 2012 09:21 PM

I was mapped for v power mate 2 years ago and stuck to it religously but with all them ravers queing for hours to most likely put another tenner in their already full tanks,i had to put some momentum in and its been sound,as said as long as its 99 its fine.

jura11 09 April 2012 09:55 PM

Some people and mappers too said with V-power you will get better result and is more consistent as T99 Momentum,but if your car has been mapped for T99 you will be fine if you will put there V-power

Jura

LYNNESCOOBIE 09 April 2012 10:35 PM

mine is mapped to v power but as we had no fuel 99 tesco was ok in mine

360ste 09 April 2012 11:50 PM

Mine was mapped on V-power but run on either V-power or Tesco Momentum. Showed 440bhp on a 2 ltr at a clinic RR Shootout.

yabbadoo4 10 April 2012 12:09 AM

Cheers for replys lads. Will stick in some
V power Tom and see how she runs but from what you all say will be fine. Good to know I can use either if I'm stuck as well.

DonNedly 10 April 2012 09:16 AM

Mine has been mapped and dyno'd with both fuels and it made the same power on either