ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Andrew Carr - Mapping Mafless Thanks (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/931188-andrew-carr-mapping-mafless-thanks.html)

Andygreer 04 April 2012 04:48 PM

Andrew Carr - Mapping Mafless Thanks

I would like to post a thank you to Mr Andrew Carr from Teamcarr.net

I have had my OEM standard ECU remapped by andrew with a new series of mapping.

The car is now Mafless and runs a Air Temp Sensor, this now has made the car drive so smooth, its hard to describe but you would know what i mean after you had drove it, making town driving effortless, smooth from even 1000rpm in 2nd or 3rd gear.

The Car pulls like a train and has some great features on ti like, Anti Lag, Pops and bangs, Launch Control, Dual Fuel Maps with various boost settings. and Flat Shift Gear change

The knock contol is pretty neat also, if detects knock then the engine light flashes at various speeds for various amount of det and ign timing pulling, this is a great feature that could help save your engine if there is a issue :)

Andrews price for this was exceptional and he supplied and fitted wires and sensors needed. The cars never felt so strong with my 18g fitted on the 2.5 207 it feels so responsive with not any lag at all!!

Thanks Andrew Carr. Tops :D

MIAMI 04 April 2012 05:16 PM

Hi mate, if you dont me asking how much did he charge you for the map and all sensor fitting?

moneys 04 April 2012 05:17 PM

What car is this on? What sort of mods have you got? Do you have some sort of switch to switch maps then? I'd love that if I could have a spirited driving map and also a I'm on the motorway cruisin sort of map that was all about mpg

scrappydoo7619 04 April 2012 05:23 PM

i have a oem ecu and am after a safe map with something special, i have decat zorst and cai kit, thats it, would be interested in what andy can offer, dont want too much power just a nice safe map with al and pops

Scooby Dan 04 April 2012 05:34 PM

Does this system actually control knock or does it just flash the cel to warn of knock like the Simteks do ?

bengo 04 April 2012 06:00 PM

It'll be this ROM, http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewt...hp?f=36&t=7594

And it's excellent BTW!! :thumb:

KAS35RSTI 04 April 2012 06:06 PM

I wonder how this would compare to a Syvecs?

Turbo Tez 04 April 2012 06:29 PM

I have this on my jdm bug. Also mapped by andy Carr. 438 bhp at 1.5 bar and silky smooth. You have a toggle switch for the map that can be changed on the fly and a switch for the anti lag.

The car has never driven as well. You can floor it from 1k rpm and it just pulls.

Steve T 04 April 2012 07:48 PM

Andy, your inbox is full. Steve.:thumb:

Dave-W- 04 April 2012 10:08 PM

just had my map tweaked today by andy and spoke about this think i will be getting it done with a few other mods in june:D

craigo 04 April 2012 10:12 PM

pops n bangs just got to love them..... :D
mr carr was responsible for my simtek :thumb:

moneys 04 April 2012 10:23 PM

so you have a toggle on your dash to switch the map?

moneys 04 April 2012 10:23 PM

i need to have my pops and bangs back, my old car did this but my new one doesnt haha

craigo 04 April 2012 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by moneys (Post 10564107)
so you have a toggle on your dash to switch the map?

no toggle its switched using accelerator before start... jees it sounds quite brutal actually :D

moneys 04 April 2012 10:39 PM

agh so before you go anywhere you decide on how you want to arrive,

A- nice and relaxed with half a tank of juice left
B- they hear you coming 5 minutes before you arrive, you arrive in a glory of pops and bangs and flames, your hair is everywhere, your wife is terrififed the kids are screaming and your on fumes in the tank but fook me youve got one hell of a smile on your face

craigo 04 April 2012 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by moneys (Post 10564138)

B- they hear you coming 5 minutes before you arrive, you arrive in a glory of pops and bangs and flames, your hair is everywhere, your wife is terrififed the kids are screaming and your on fumes in the tank but fook me youve got one hell of a smile on your face

:lol1: that ll be anti lag

i just have pops n bangs

but, i can feel the need of a map tweak :D

KAS35RSTI 05 April 2012 01:19 AM

I know of a few Evos running big power which are also using speed density. They havent had no probs. This seems interesting as it would surely be less than a standalone.

craigo 05 April 2012 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Kas Spec C (Post 10564297)
I know of a few Evos running big power which are also using speed density. They havent had no probs. This seems interesting as it would surely be less than a standalone.

whoosh, straight over my head :lol1:

clapa929 05 April 2012 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by craigo (Post 10564302)
whoosh, straight over my head :lol1:

Just another way of calculating the volume of air entering the engine at the manifold post turbo rather than pre-turbo, pro's and cons for each.

( Manifold Absolute pressure(MAP) x Intake Air Temp, etc) x Fuel = Power (AFR)

( Mass Air FLow (MAF) x Intake Air Temp,etc) x Fuel = Power (AFR)

clapa929 05 April 2012 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by craigo (Post 10564143)
:lol1: that ll be anti lag

i just have pops n bangs

but, i can feel the need of a map tweak :D

I hope its not your daily driver as your neighbours are going to love you.:)

Irish-Scooby-10r 05 April 2012 03:11 AM

Can this be done on any ecu ? Could I get this on MY00 type r ?

L.J.F 05 April 2012 08:47 AM

No not any ecu mate just newage car as they can be mapped using OS software.

kgt 05 April 2012 08:53 AM

Big fan of Mr Carr and his magic :thumb:

eggy790 05 April 2012 09:34 AM

so has this now come out for the early bug sti standard ecus now? seems interesting.

Andygreer 05 April 2012 03:57 PM

the car does control knock!!! its the same as a oem Opensource way of doing things BUT the light is a feature that i think is very useful.

Available on 2001>2005 16bit ecus and from next week with luck the 32bit units.

I think prices are best to be spoken tot he mapper for, drop him a email....

Newage WRX with the TGVs is a nono you need to have the TGVs removed... but the STi doesnt have TGV so is ready to go, Most people remove the TGVs any ways.

My car is fitted with a JG18G 2.5 STi short motor and 2.0 AVC heads its running around the 370 370 mark :)

Dave-W- 05 April 2012 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by moneys (Post 10564138)

pmsl:lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

craigyp 25 May 2012 09:03 PM

So is this open source mapping on the standard ecu??? Which basically gives you same as a simtek???
Or shall I buy a syvecs

Dave-W- 25 May 2012 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by craigyp (Post 10638341)
So is this open source mapping on the standard ecu??? Which basically gives you same as a simtek???
Or shall I buy a syvecs

speak to andy i have just had this done and found it really smooth and a all round better drive:thumb:

guess i liked the launch control to much new act 6 paddle clutch ordered today :D

Maz 26 May 2012 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by craigyp (Post 10638341)
Or shall I buy a syvecs

The Syvecs is a nifty piece of kit for sure but at a price. I have no experience with the Simtek so can't comment on that. Given what can be done with the standard Newage STI ECU I think I personally would explore that avenue. Mafless, multiple maps, anti lag, launch control, flat shifting etc etc! Who needs aftermarket management!:D

bustaMOVEs 26 May 2012 10:59 AM

+1 for andy carr. He looks after my car. He got me 301 on a td04 2years and still running strong loool.
Hes away over bank holiday so when he gets back we will be having a mapping/tweaking day in Huddersfield.