ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   O2 to O2 minutes being taken away from us (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/931169-o2-to-o2-minutes-being-taken-away-from-us.html)

SwissTony 04 April 2012 12:54 PM

O2 to O2 minutes being taken away from us

Anyone else get this message ?

They could have said Happy Birthday instead *******s :mad:

So they are taking away 1000 minutes from O2 to O2 handsets, which was useful as it meant free calls. So what the hell are they replacing it with ?

dpb 04 April 2012 01:12 PM

Moved away to Vodafone couple months back :thumb:

Gear Head 04 April 2012 02:28 PM

Can you cancel your contract because of this change?

JonMc 04 April 2012 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Gear Head (Post 10563354)
Can you cancel your contract because of this change?

Yep, it is a fundamental change to the terms against which you signed up so you can cancel early - they may argue the toss as three did with me when they removed the '3 like home' facility which allowed me to use inclusive content on sister networks overseas; they claimed that as it was an added incentive but not an explicit part of the deal they were not contractually obliged to let me out of my contract. It is in the small print that the penalise you for not reading but then ignore when it gives you the advantage. Dig your heals in and elevate it every time they say no.

Qwertyco 04 April 2012 03:10 PM

and t-mobile have just increased the monthly charge, 3 months into an 18 month contract.
Nice.

I didn't realise the contract only worked one way.

alphaj12 04 April 2012 03:10 PM

No change on Giffgaff and this runs through o2 network, still unlimited between giffgaff phones and its for 3 months even if you dont top up

JonMc 04 April 2012 04:26 PM

Any changes, except VAT and similar that the company has no control over, is a change in your contract and if it is to your detriment you have the right to leave - no questions asked and off you go:thumb:

MIAMI 04 April 2012 05:21 PM

O2 have a deal £36 unlimited calls, txt and 1gb data withe a foc handset or simo for the same deal £26.

speedking 04 April 2012 05:53 PM

T-mobile increase only by rate of inflation therefore no right to cancel AIUI.

JonMc 04 April 2012 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by speedking (Post 10563645)
T-mobile increase only by rate of inflation therefore no right to cancel AIUI.

So does that mean they increase it by different amounts every month as inflation is announced - in 20 years of mobile phone use I have never heard of that before, the only time my price has changed has been when I change my contract or am out of the minimum contract period:wonder:

jods 04 April 2012 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 10563234)
Anyone else get this message ?

They could have said Happy Birthday instead *******s :mad:

So they are taking away 1000 minutes from O2 to O2 handsets, which was useful as it meant free calls. So what the hell are they replacing it with ?

Not that it condones O2's message but were you a very heavy user?
Even if you WERE a heavy user - The package you signed up to was the package you signed up to. How many minutes are you left with?

I have an O2 contract that costs approx £60 a month for 2 phones and I NEVER exceed Call / Text limits (That's cos I'm a miserable tw@ and rarely call / text people :) )

I did get stuffed for a £400 bill for downloading an episode of Father Ted when in Florida though :(

Mark

Jamescsti 04 April 2012 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by JonMc (Post 10563680)
So does that mean they increase it by different amounts every month as inflation is announced - in 20 years of mobile phone use I have never heard of that before, the only time my price has changed has been when I change my contract or am out of the minimum contract period:wonder:

Vodafone have a similar clause in their contracts too, an increase of less than something like 5% and you are screwed. They did it not that long ago, we had a thread on here about it.
I'm buying my next handset outright and going with giffgaff or similar.

chocolate_o_brian 04 April 2012 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by JonMc (Post 10563680)

Just happened to my mum as she has a T-mobile/Orange phone. Increase was 3.7% or the RPI. They say they can do this within their T&C's once within a 12 month period when the powers that be announce yearly RPI.

I asked yesterday when signing up to o2 and leaving Vodafone (for one number anyway) for the first time since 2002. :thumb:

Oh and Chris, happy birthday - we all know this is what the thread was about really ;) :D

Turbohot 04 April 2012 07:54 PM

Yes, Happy Birthday to Chris. :thumb:

Boro 04 April 2012 09:00 PM

I'd tell them to shove it and get a free giffgaff sim www.best-payg-deals.co.uk

SwissTony 04 April 2012 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by jods (Post 10563730)
Not that it condones O2's message but were you a very heavy user?

Mark

Just checked online and out of my 1200 normal minutes this month I have used 142
Out of the 1000 O2 minutes I have used 200

So not exactly a heavy user :lol1:

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 10563792)

Oh and Chris, happy birthday - we all know this is what the thread was about really ;) :D

:p

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 10563853)
Yes, Happy Birthday to Chris. :thumb:

:lol1: