ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Estimated Bhp Increase (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/930781-estimated-bhp-increase.html)

andy.downes 01 April 2012 09:49 AM

Estimated Bhp Increase

Hi guys.
Finally done it. After three Imprezas, I've decided that I want more oompth.
I've got a Prodrive Scorpion Back box, link pipe with no resonator/chamber, intercooler hoses (inc. Y pipe) and Pipercross air filter. Going to Racedynamix in April !

Assuming my car is around the stock region...227bhp 236 ft·lbf, 320 N·m for a 2006 WRX, what would good gains be...

Cheers again for fab advice !

LegacySTi 01 April 2012 09:58 AM

STi Intercooler
STi Intercooler undertray
Vf48 or 43 or 34
Full decat downpipe
3port boost solinoid
RCM or Deatschwerks fuel pump
K&N Panel filter
Remap

All in one go together.

Transformed machine.

kevvy72 01 April 2012 10:08 AM

dont know if it helps but i have done pretty the same as legacy sti has said above on my 06 wrx 2.5 sl

went from 230 bhp (standard i fink there are)

got 355 bhp an 408 ft lbs

kev

Lagamorph 01 April 2012 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by andy.downes (Post 10558774)
Hi guys.
Finally done it. After three Imprezas, I've decided that I want more oompth.
I've got a Prodrive Scorpion Back box, link pipe with no resonator/chamber, intercooler hoses (inc. Y pipe) and Pipercross air filter. Going to Racedynamix in April !

Assuming my car is around the stock region...227bhp 236 ft·lbf, 320 N·m for a 2006 WRX, what would good gains be...

Cheers again for fab advice !

Still got the Cats in place? ditch them and I would have guessed at 270 give or take a bit. That's just a guess mind you.

LegacySTi 01 April 2012 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Lagamorph (Post 10558875)
Still got the Cats in place? ditch them and I would have guessed at 270 give or take a bit. That's just a guess mind you.

Assuming you mean alongside a remap?

andy.downes 01 April 2012 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by LegacySTi (Post 10558889)
Assuming you mean alongside a remap?

Cat back and then remap

bustaMOVEs 01 April 2012 12:13 PM

For a 1st upgrade
Full decat it inc uppipe, 225 fuel pump, pannel filter, heat 7 plugs, and map to 99ron.
I got 301hp on standard td04
Next would be sti intercooler and undertray, pinks and vf34 should see 340-350hp
Or go for all at once if you have funds etc

dynamix 04 April 2012 08:58 AM

301 ?

Without doubting you - you got the dyno sheet for that ?

The hawk wrx doesnt have a cat in the uppipe so I am presuming you dont have the same car as the OP. I am only aware of one std td04 car making over 300bhp although been close to that several times.

To the OP ... got 282bhp on a hawk wrx still with original downpipe cat at RCM (which supposedly underreads) a couple of weeks ago. 270bhp would be a normal power result. :thumb:

bustaMOVEs 04 April 2012 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by dynamix (Post 10563004)
301 ?

The hawk wrx doesnt have a cat in the uppipe so I am presuming you dont have the same car as the OP. I am only aware of one std td04 car making over 300bhp although been close to that several times.

To the OP ... got 282bhp on a hawk wrx still with original downpipe cat at RCM (which supposedly underreads) a couple of weeks ago. 270bhp would be a normal power result. :thumb:

Sorry duncan its a blob wrx:thumb:

http://s1080.photobucket.com/albums/...filter=noflash

P.s lets wait for all the negative feedback!

dynamix 04 April 2012 09:31 AM

Cool - never used the dyno at TRL so dont know whether it is a generous one - nice one :thumb:

andy.downes 04 April 2012 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by dynamix (Post 10563004)
301 ?

270 is good...282 even better ! Can't wait, although I am a little nervous.
Been looking for articles on what I can expect (in terms of the remap process), how long it takes, what the steps are exactly...without spilling the beans on your black magic, how will the day go for me?

Cheers everyone,
Andy

bustaMOVEs 04 April 2012 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by dynamix (Post 10563029)
Cool - never used the dyno at TRL so dont know whether it is a generous one - nice one :thumb:

Hear a lot of storys at other dynos that the figures are under etc, so went to one with the most accurate results and trl is one of them:thumb:
Also was mapped on the road

MattyB1983 04 April 2012 01:06 PM

Maybe people say TRL is accurate because they get higher readings there.

bustaMOVEs 04 April 2012 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by MattyB1983 (Post 10563261)
Maybe people say TRL is accurate because they get higher readings there.

Theres no such thing as higher readings:wonder:
If the readings are out then they seem to be under not over
Do you know about trls, i guess not if your mocking already, knew it wouldnt be long before people start doupting. Aet and trl are one of the best in the country and they both have high reviews

MattyB1983 04 April 2012 06:03 PM

Not doubting chap, but the fact that anything over 290 on a 04 is pretty much unheard of makes 301 pretty hard to swallow. Do a search to see who's made over 300 on an 04, you won't find many.

There is no such thing as an accurate dyno (I've used quite a few) unless you use maybe a engine dyno which costs huge amounts. Dyno readings vary massively from place to place and the figures you get are just a rough idea in my opinion.

But in truth who cares about numbers, if the thing drives well and makes you happy what's it matter what a piece of paper says.

Wasn't trying to mock you or your choice of tuner, i congratulate you on very good figures. Chill out and enjoy your car.

bustaMOVEs 04 April 2012 06:34 PM

No probs mate:thumb:
Until ive heard bad stories about trl then ill doupt it myself:wonder:
Made 230.3 at the wheels if that means owt, theres a vid on there aswell if you can see (2) waggon:thumb: