ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Another Subaru dealer calls it a day ... (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/930597-another-subaru-dealer-calls-it-a-day.html)

The Trooper 1815 08 May 2012 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by dsemuk (Post 10556754)
Few of the the new dealers seem to continue with Subaru for long.

Ive only had a Subaru for 20 months and the three nearest dealers to me have thrown in the towel, from a customer point of view not great for building up a relationship with a dealer.

I can almost see a time when if IM want to continue selling new Subaru's they will have to setup their own dedicated showrooms around the UK where potential buyers can test drive and buy new vehicles.

Sadly I don't think the BRZ can save Subaru in the UK, it is just too different from a traditional AWD Subaru, and of course up again Toyota "86" which has a well established and settled dealer network to support owners.

Maybe IM needs to be pleading with Subaru to put together diesel powered pucka STi Forester, Legacy & Impreza models, not many will buy a car new or used with annual road tax of £450+ then faced with 20mpg, at £1.50 per Litre.

I know diesel is a dirty word where performance is concerned, but if it is the only way to get a car which can be a daily driver and thrown around a track at the weekend and handle reasonably well, without breaking the bank, so be it.

i'll get mi coat

But if they pulled their fingers out and got technology moving they would be quids in. Porsche manage to get over 350BHP from a petrol engine and it's below 225g/km:brickwall.

The Trooper 1815 08 May 2012 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by BarnsleyScooby (Post 10613549)
Exciting news*- Colin Appleyard have recently been appointed official Subaru dealers in Huddersfield and Ashton. We believe the Subaru range compliments our existing Suzuki offering very well and you'll find them located side-by-side at the aforementioned dealerships, where the Subaru XV, Outback and Forrester models are available for test drives. Get in touch to arrange yours or just come in for a chat and a look around.

Bit of a pattern perhaps?

The Suzuki Dealer in Cardiff is now SUBARU.

speedking 03 September 2012 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by mickp (Post 10556605)
Desperately need some new dealers in the North West, we have lost Robinsons, Golden's, Greenwood's and looking like Monks Heath as well soon.

Monk's Heath now shut. Mangoletsi now a Subaru dealer.

pflowers 03 September 2012 11:04 AM

Gravells, Llanelli, South West Wales are a new dealer, but quoted me over £600 for a service on my Forester XT ( not even a cambelt change in that ):cuckoo:

Can't see many farmers around here paying that! :eek:

pflowers 03 September 2012 11:06 AM

Ah just seen Gravells have gone already!

Tidgy 03 September 2012 12:52 PM

I can't see subaru's being available in the UK for much longer, i reckon 18 months and they will have gone.

vulnax999 11 September 2012 11:21 AM

My 330S was due in Monks Heath next week or two for 3 year / 24000 mile service, underbody inspection / service, and some warranty work ( 2ry air pump howls, n/s headlamp is condensed up, clips for windscreen panel broken when screen changed recently ).

Warranty parts were in mid august before I went on holiday, I've not been able to get in touch with monks Heath to book in .... now I know why!

Can another dealer do the warranty stuff? Warranty runs out this month!!!

Rob - wanna give me a price for the service, and could you do the warranty stuff on the same visit?

Thanks

urban 11 September 2012 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 10774878)
I can't see subaru's being available in the UK for much longer, i reckon 18 months and they will have gone.

You could well be correct.

Put it this way, in the whole of Northern Ireland, there is only 1 dealer.

Tidgy 11 September 2012 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by vulnax999 (Post 10785287)
My 330S was due in Monks Heath next week or two for 3 year / 24000 mile service, underbody inspection / service, and some warranty work ( 2ry air pump howls, n/s headlamp is condensed up, clips for windscreen panel broken when screen changed recently ).

Warranty parts were in mid august before I went on holiday, I've not been able to get in touch with monks Heath to book in .... now I know why!

Rob - wanna give me a price for the service, and could you do the warranty stuff on the same visit?

Thanks

any dealer can :thumb:

rob84 11 September 2012 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by vulnax999 (Post 10785287)

Thanks

Yes certainly mate. No problem at all. I shall drop you a pm with a quote & yes providing monks Heath havnt actually already claimed & been paid for it then yes I can sort the warranty items for you

Kedlestone 11 September 2012 12:36 PM

Got a new dealer in Derby if anyone's in the area. Had a BRZ test drive there a couple of weeks ago. They've taken close to 10 orders on it already which is good news. There not doing badly with 2010-11 STI's also, the sales chap was telling me he had 2 hatches in the back that had just been sold. They current have a 2011 saloon in the front also.

Tidgy 11 September 2012 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Kedlestone (Post 10785381)
Got a new dealer in Derby if anyone's in the area. Had a BRZ test drive there a couple of weeks ago. They've taken close to 10 orders on it already which is good news. There not doing badly with 2010-11 STI's also, the sales chap was telling me he had 2 hatches in the back that had just been sold. They current have a 2011 saloon in the front also.

where are they in derby?

JAKbauer24 11 September 2012 12:50 PM

This is a real shame, they are the longest standing subaru dealer I believe, I personally spent a large amount of money with them over the years,

real shame !!

Kedlestone 11 September 2012 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 10785397)
where are they in derby?

Near the station bud, it's a little group of dealers which include Saab. Beechdale Motor Group off Mansfield Road :thumb:

Ste RB5138 11 September 2012 12:58 PM

My old local Subaru dealer "Showells" is now a Hynudai dealer :( they still service Subaru's though. I think the nearest dealership is 10 mile away now.

Tidgy 11 September 2012 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Kedlestone (Post 10785417)
Near the station bud, it's a little group of dealers which include Saab. Beechdale Motor Group off Mansfield Road :thumb:

ah k, just found website, beechwood

http://subaru.co.uk/dealer-locator?sub_q=derby

GC8 11 September 2012 05:18 PM

The biggest problem that 'Subaru' has in the UK, is International Motors!

Kedlestone 11 September 2012 06:24 PM

Ah yes knew it was beech something....