ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Car Care (https://www.scoobynet.com/car-care-380/)
-   -   In car air freshners ?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/car-care-380/930405-in-car-air-freshners.html)

jono300 28 March 2012 09:22 PM

In car air freshners ??

Anyone recommend a decent in car air freshner that actually works after just a week off being opened ??!! recently splashed out on a poppy coral and despite it looking nice in bright chrome it seemed to only last a week and now personally cant smell it within the car anymore !! have spoken to other folk with poppy coral air freshners who say theres was the same ie. only worked for a short space off time.

so whats best and what lasts the longest ??!!

skins 28 March 2012 09:38 PM

I've had loads of air fresheners in my time,best I have found so far are California scents.
last a long time and very good value for money. I think halfrauds have started doing them recently but ebay is the best place.

jono300 28 March 2012 10:09 PM

Funny enough just been looking at them on ebay two minutes ago !!

will give them a try- any particular flavour recommended ??!!

skins 28 March 2012 10:17 PM

There are bloody loads of scents, Got a few to start of with (offer on ebay) and went from there, All are quite tidy to be honest.

jono300 28 March 2012 10:27 PM

Okay great thanks for the info, yep certainly cheap enough on ebay and plenty offers for buying in bulk ie 3,4 or even 6 at a time !! - would not have thought there was much need to buy in bulk if they worked for a reasonable time ?! but at these prices will certainly give them a try.

thanks again.

DT-SPD 28 March 2012 10:28 PM

I use a spray air freshener. It's Autoglym Autofresh and it seems to last really well. Give it a good few squirts under the front seats and seems to keep the car fresh.

timmyajmy93wrx 29 March 2012 12:21 PM

i use poppy coral & its been in two weeks & still there?!
also like magic tree new car scent, been in mrs car 3 weeks & still going well.

jono300 29 March 2012 06:04 PM

Tried the magic tree - " Black Ice " its great apart from again having a very life span, let me know re the poppy coral in a few weeks time if you will as again certainly my one only lasted a matter off a few weeks, gave one to my father at the same time for his car and he also reports that he cant smell it anymore !!

going to order the California Scents one and give them a try.

timmyajmy93wrx 30 March 2012 10:45 AM

had poppy coral for years, once you stick to an air freshner i find it clings to the car longer rather than chaning all the time & then you do not notice as much when the scent starts to fade. I also do not smoke or have the windows down very often so it stays pungent in the car for longer :lol1:
oh & i have had tried california scents & they do not work long for me, i guess its down to personal preference, i like me new car scent magic trees in wifes clio & poppy coral in the scoob and decideing on opie oils air freshners which is very nice or magic tree new car scent in the micra!.

Bealescooby 30 March 2012 10:58 AM

Been usin California scents Cherry for the last 2 years and it last about 2-3mths
I was at the garage a while back and as i got out there was a woman say your car smells beautiful
I highly recommend these although some of them smell a little vile i would say go with cherry or pineapple but you may prefer some of the others

jono300 07 April 2012 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by skins (Post 10554171)
I've had loads of air fresheners in my time,best I have found so far are California scents.
last a long time and very good value for money. I think halfrauds have started doing them recently but ebay is the best place.

Guess you were lucky mate as can honesty say they are actually the worst I have ever bought !! yep you can smell them when you put your nose up to them but thats it ! gave two to a friend when I got them and he reports exactly the same things ie. they are rubbish !!!

skins 07 April 2012 02:34 PM

Must have been lucky then, did you get the gel ones or the one with three fibre blocks in side the can ?

jono300 07 April 2012 02:53 PM

yep the ones with the three fibre blocks in them,take it the ones with the gel are better ?

skins 07 April 2012 03:10 PM

No ive only ever had the three block ones never tried the gel ones, like i said must have been lucky with all the ones ive had, A few months back i got one from the local BP garage that had them on offer, that was crap for some reason, turned out when i spoke to the guy behind the counter they had been in storage for god knows how long near to a radiator so must have dried out.

jono300 07 April 2012 04:45 PM

Funny enough just been reading a few user reviews on amazon and a load off folk all were saying the same as me ie they were not that good, one or two raved about them saying like you they were lasting ages, one taxi driver said he had one in his car and said it is strange the amount off passengers who comment on how nice a smell his air freshner had !!!

just wonder if this eBay stock has perhaps not been stored properly or whatever? where did you buy yours?

skins 07 April 2012 08:27 PM

EBAY mate, some scents do smell stronger than others but all the ones ive had have lasted at least last a few weeks,
They are made in the USA so i imagine if buyers are buying in bulk they are stored for months if that makes sense before purchase.

kad 16v 08 April 2012 01:10 PM

Another vote for California scents, the block ones not the gel, the gel smell horrid.

I had a cherry one in my turbo 2000 when i got it and that was over two years ago, its now in the house and it still smells nice.

The type 20 now has the cherry one in it and has done since i got it, im used to the smell so notice it but not much, when people get in my car the first thing they say is how lovely it smells, the whole family use these now much better than the ambi pure and magic tree's

Halfords sell them nowdays my local halfords has them on the front of the counter with all the batteries and stuff on offer.

Just be sure to get the blocks not the gel as my halfords sells both and i dont think its that easy to tell them apart if i remember right.

simpsons ! 20 April 2012 09:58 AM

Another Vote for Cali scents I have tried all the Flavour's, Bubble Gum (Golden State Delight) and Cherry are the most Popular

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-CALIFORN...item2c6498f403

Michael

brendy76 20 April 2012 10:09 AM

Vanillaroma magic trees, as long as you accept they will last less than a month then need replacing they are brilliant.

RICK... 20 April 2012 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by simpsons ! (Post 10586792)
Another Vote for Cali scents I have tried all the Flavour's, Bubble Gum (Golden State Delight) and Cherry are the most Popular

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-CALIFORN...item2c6498f403

Michael

Just ordered some of these! Can't wait haha

I think the previous owner of my Impreza had a bit of an OCD as I found 9 air freshners in total when clearing it out! Under the seats, in all the door pockets etc..

L.G. 20 April 2012 12:32 PM

If you like to keep an air freshner in the car the cali scents are great.

If you prefer a spray fresher the chemical guys "stripper scent" is amazing!! Smells great and lasts

simpsons ! 20 April 2012 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by RICK... (Post 10587033)

It's in tonights post ;)

Michael

tubbytommy 20 April 2012 02:43 PM

i just fart and live with the smell.

simpsons ! 22 April 2012 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by RICK... (Post 10587033)

I think the previous owner of my Impreza had a bit of an OCD as I found 9 air freshners in total when clearing it out! Under the seats, in all the door pockets etc..

Glad it arrived on time and thanks for the positive.

Michael

ScoobySteve69 22 April 2012 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by kad 16v (Post 10568525)
Another vote for California scents, the block ones not the gel, the gel smell horrid.

When you say block, do you mean these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CALIFORNIA...ht_3047wt_1270

skins 23 April 2012 01:57 AM

I think they are the gel ones, you need the ones marked up on the tin as spill proof organic

ScoobySteve69 23 April 2012 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by skins (Post 10591339)
I think they are the gel ones, you need the ones marked up on the tin as spill proof organic

martin850 23 April 2012 12:30 PM

I've got the new febreeze air freshner and am really impressed with it. The smell lasts a while and is quite pleasent.

RICK... 23 April 2012 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by simpsons ! (Post 10590331)
Glad it arrived on time and thanks for the positive.

Michael

I've just been trying to work your posts out and now the penny has dropped! :lol1:

Excellent service, thank you. Going to see what others there is for me to try :thumb: The Mrs was super impressed, couldn't get her out the car! ;)

CREWJ 23 April 2012 02:58 PM

I've tried loads of hanging ones but none compare to genuine Magic Trees. As long as you use them properly.