ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   So whos queuing for fuel (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/930357-so-whos-queuing-for-fuel.html)

StickyMicky 30 March 2012 09:36 PM

I was using 2 tanks per month taking it easy in the MG + spending £60 per month on the tolls for the Tyne Tunnel...........

Up until around 3 weeks back when i got pissed off enough at the rising cost of fuel, and i figured i would try riding into work on my MTB instead (10 mile each way)

I have had 1/4 of a tank for 3 weeks now, i cant remember the last time i put fuel in it, the only time i use it, is when the weather is bad.

So i have been laughing quite a lot recently with these stupid fuel hoarders.

IIRC i save around £7.50 per day everytime i take the bike to work, the last time i took the car in, i felt wallet raped :lol1:

When the winter starts coming in, i will probably switch back to the car, but while the summer is starting up, the bike is awesome.

Kieran_Burns 30 March 2012 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky (Post 10556955)
I was using 2 tanks per month taking it easy in the MG + spending £60 per month on the tolls for the Tyne Tunnel...........

Up until around 3 weeks back when i got pissed off enough at the rising cost of fuel, and i figured i would try riding into work on my MTB instead (10 mile each way)

I have had 1/4 of a tank for 3 weeks now, i cant remember the last time i put fuel in it, the only time i use it, is when the weather is bad.

So i have been laughing quite a lot recently with these stupid fuel hoarders.

IIRC i save around £7.50 per day everytime i take the bike to work, the last time i took the car in, i felt wallet raped :lol1:

When the winter starts coming in, i will probably switch back to the car, but while the summer is starting up, the bike is awesome.

Cheaper to buy the right kit to wear - it's really not that hard to cycle in the winter as long as you have the clothing. Some mornings (when it's bitingly cold on a bright sunny day) you can't believe how great it feels.

StickyMicky 30 March 2012 09:48 PM

I have ridden the bike throughout the winter, ridden it in snow, ridden it in gale force winds, i simply don't enjoy it at all when the weather is sketchy, mainly the wind though, i hate the bloody wind.

joz8968 30 March 2012 09:56 PM

And still they queue!

I seriously reckon if the govt told us to go jump off the white cliffs of Dover "...because it's good for our health" :lol1:, a certain demographic actually would! :cuckoo: :mad:

This madness is the equivalent to blindly following (incorrect) SatNav instructions into a deep, overflowing ford! :facepalm:

DYK 31 March 2012 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by joz8968 (Post 10557003)
And still they queue!

I seriously reckon if the govt told us to go jump off the white cliffs of Dover "...because it's good for our health" :lol1:, a certain demographic actually would! :cuckoo: :mad:

This madness is the equivalent to blindly following (incorrect) SatNav instructions into a deep, overflowing ford! :facepalm:

Might not be a bad idea,let the white cliffs have them,maybe they can put it on the sat nav until they drive off the edge.Obviously something is wrong with these people if they haven't got even a small level of self thinking or common sense.
Imagine if a real big disaster happened in this country,and we got these people out and about acting stupid.. Absolute Bonkers.

joz8968 31 March 2012 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by DYK (Post 10557214)
...Imagine if a real big disaster happened in this country,and we got these people out and about acting stupid.. Absolute Bonkers.

That's exactly what I thought too! It's ****ing embarrassing frankly. Shameful in fact. :mad:

Leslie 31 March 2012 01:29 PM

It is hardly surprising that people will queue for petrol especially if they need it to get to work etc. and you get some clown of a politician advising them to keep a jerrican in the garage and to keep topping up their tanks.

I imagine that it will continue, if not quite as intensely, until the strike is called in which case it will get much worse, or until the idea of a strike is abandoned.

Les

joz8968 31 March 2012 04:35 PM

FFS...

And now I'm a victim of other people's stupidity. Thought I would leisurely get some V-P... But oh no! Every single Shell in my vicinity has been sucked dry! :mad:

Even the 97RONs from other garages have been totally pilfered. Had to stick in 10 quid's worth of Jet 95 (before I ran out!) :rolleyes: and drive like Miss Daisy. Typical that after that fill, and out of curiosity, I went to my local Esso and they still have 97 Supreme available!!! :wall:

P.S. Are there any Tescos in Leic that do Momentum 99?

nik52wrx 31 March 2012 05:13 PM

I've just been to the garden centre which is next to a petrol station. There was a numb nut filling his car up but also had four cans lined up ready to be filled too ffs.
Fooking idiot!!

ALi-B 31 March 2012 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by nik52wrx (Post 10557881)
I've just been to the garden centre which is next to a petrol station. There was a numb nut filling his car up but also had four cans lined up ready to be filled too ffs.
Fooking idiot!!

Should have told the attendant - I think the selling laws on petrol is extremely strict; i.e two 5ltr plastic or two 10ltr jerry cans (or one of each). Its ok to transport it post sale, but not to sell or store it in that quantity.

I think most of the panic buyers have gone now. I went past a Shell today with no queue and still with fuel, so thought what the hell and stuck in £30 of NUL.

Interesting to note they were out of Vpower....makes me wonder what type of person is doing the panic buying to suck empty all the high octane fuel ;)

CharlySkunkWeed 31 March 2012 06:33 PM

dont get the whole "stock up before it runs out" theory. Either way the pumps are empty over easter ! No strike (the reason everyone panicked bought) and they still wont have fuel.

Though there are reasons to make a move before things go tits up , i cashed in my Game reward points last week when they were heading for administration . . . . . .and now they arent accepting the cards ! Thats £2.50 of mine they wont get their hands on !

lol , THE MILKY BARS ARE ON ME !!!!

kingofturds 02 April 2012 11:05 AM

I had to queue up this morning to get petrol for the girlfriends car and still the idiots are filling up 2 or 3 cans as well as their car.

dpb 02 April 2012 11:16 AM

Filled up with my 20 quids worth , I was first in queue

wouldnt have bothered otherwise :razz:

Gear Head 02 April 2012 11:48 AM

The problem is, if you don't fill up now, you will be **** out of luck when you actually do need fuel. Heads you lose and tails you don't win! :rolleyes:

scoobeenut 02 April 2012 12:18 PM

Problem will just compound itself now. All those people that have filled up to the brim now will most likely run out at the same time and will have to refill with everyone else in the future causing another panic.

dpb 02 April 2012 01:20 PM

Filling stations pumping up the prices now

:lol1:

ScoobySteve69 02 April 2012 01:28 PM

My local Shell still has none ffs! My car is just an expensive ornament on my drive!

jameswrx 02 April 2012 02:53 PM

I heard something on the radio about some stations putting prices up. I stopped at BP on the way home... £1.56p PL for diesel, £1.64 for ultimate diesel.

Don't remember the prices being that high.

So sick of the price of fuel.

rossi_p 02 April 2012 05:59 PM

I have a track day at Brands tomorrow... really could do with some V Power. None.. anywhere, I called about 20 stations and none have any.

Apparently, Shell have suspended V Power deliveries until regular grade stocks have been returned to normal. This is because they do not want customers (read idiot panic buyers) complaining that they are pushing their premium expensive fuel giving them no choice and higher costs.

I can almost hear the panic buying clowns, 'it cost me an additional 8p a litre to panic buy this and it won't make any difference.' Absolute idiots..:razz:

At least my local Tesco has Momentum but I have never used it before as have stuck religiously to V Power. Bung some Octane booster in as well and I'm good to go! Problem is, I have two 20l jerry cans to fill up to ensure I have enough for the day, now I'm going to look like one of the panic buying muppets. Great :o

oldsplice 02 April 2012 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by rossi_p (Post 10560782)
I have a track day at Brands tomorrow... really could do with some V Power. None.. anywhere, I called about 20 stations and none have any.

Apparently, Shell have suspended V Power deliveries until regular grade stocks have been returned to normal. This is because they do not want customers (read idiot panic buyers) complaining that they are pushing their premium expensive fuel giving them no choice and higher costs.

I can almost hear the panic buying clowns, 'it cost me an additional 8p a litre to panic buy this and it won't make any difference.' Absolute idiots..:razz:

At least my local Tesco has Momentum but I have never used it before as have stuck religiously to V Power. Bung some Octane booster in as well and I'm good to go! Problem is, I have two 20l jerry cans to fill up to ensure I have enough for the day, now I'm going to look like one of the panic buying muppets. Great :o

Yeah, I had to fill up with 'poor peoples'' fuel today. :mad: ;)

joz8968 02 April 2012 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobySteve69 (Post 10560428)
My local Shell still has none ffs!...

Same here in Leic.!

I'm so hacked off with the poxy public. ****ing retards. :wall:

...seamus... 02 April 2012 07:08 PM

I'm picking up a wrx with PPP tomorrow - typical that this fuel palaver is still going on!

What are my options for fueling the beasty??

tony de wonderful 02 April 2012 07:19 PM

At least my local Tesco has Momentum but I have never used it before as have stuck religiously to V Power.

I'd use the Tesco ditch water on low boost and not worry too much.

ScoobySteve69 02 April 2012 07:29 PM

But surely they realise that some cars can only run on the bloody stuff?????????

Leslie 04 April 2012 01:55 PM

Did it occur to all those who are complaining about others queueing for petrol, that if they personally had not gone to the garage concerned that they would not have lengthened the queue?

Les ;)

ScoobySteve69 04 April 2012 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 10563330)
Did it occur to all those who are complaining about others queueing for petrol, that if they personally had not gone to the garage concerned that they would not have lengthened the queue?

Les ;)

Did it occur to you that SOME people who went for fuel, had to?

...seamus... 04 April 2012 08:02 PM

so I picked up the new scoob - had a new clutch and throttle body fitted prior to purchase together with a service, belts and fresh boots - then spent the next hour looking for 97 with a gnats ballbag full of fuel on board - I was the most frustrated i've been for a long time lol - visited 7 stations before I found some 97 on the north circular and brimmed her - set off again only to be greeted by the biggest storm, hailstones and everything - cue enormous traffic jam and even more frustration - I could feel the rage brewing so I limped home and put her in the garage before I binned it out of sheer frustration!!

Leslie 07 April 2012 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobySteve69 (Post 10563824)
Did it occur to you that SOME people who went for fuel, had to?

I am afraid you missed the point!

Les