ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   HDI Hybrid FMIC pipe work on a Spec C (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/930323-hdi-hybrid-fmic-pipe-work-on-a-spec-c.html)

apac 28 March 2012 07:44 AM

HDI Hybrid FMIC pipe work on a Spec C

Just a couple of queries about adding a FMIC to my v.8 53 plate Speccie...

Will a FMIC alter the effectiveness of the oil cooler? or mess with any oil temp sensors due to the intercooler core being in front of it?

Where does the drivers side top pipe go to meet the intercooler core? Is it through the wing? If so how would i fit a cold air Kit in the wing too? Any cutting required?

Thanks in advance

Andrew:)

P.S does anyone one have a fittting guide for the above kit that could be emailed?

Scooby Arthur 28 March 2012 07:04 PM

I have not had any issues with high oil temps since fitting my HDi front mount.

The drivers side does go through the wing, which makes fitting the cold air kit filter a bit tight but you just need to get the right size filter. The only cutting required is the front bumper to accomodate the intercooler.

I have a fitting guide in PDF format that I can email over to you, I will PM you my email address.

Arthur

Reshard1977 28 March 2012 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby Arthur (Post 10553841)

The drivers side does go through the wing, which makes fitting the cold air kit filter a bit tight but you just need to get the right size filter. The only cutting required is the front bumper to accomodate the intercooler.

I have a fitting guide in PDF format that I can email over to you, I will PM you my email address.

Arthur

Sorry to hijack the thread,

But, Arthur, could you email me the PDF too please.

I have a bugeye WRX, and on all the pics of FMIC on bugs, i've seen a pipe that goes over the top on passenger side and down the front, where my expansion tank is. How does everyone get round this? re-locate the expansion tank to where?

apac 28 March 2012 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby Arthur (Post 10553841)

Arthur

Thankyou very much for your help. I've emailed you!

Scooby Arthur 29 March 2012 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Reshard1977 (Post 10553861)
Sorry to hijack the thread,

But, Arthur, could you email me the PDF too please.

I have a bugeye WRX, and on all the pics of FMIC on bugs, i've seen a pipe that goes over the top on passenger side and down the front, where my expansion tank is. How does everyone get round this? re-locate the expansion tank to where?

Yeah, no problem, send me over your email address and I will send it to you.

Arthur

KAS35RSTI 29 March 2012 06:51 PM

Abit off topic but have those knockers been photochopped? :D

apac 29 March 2012 07:41 PM

that is quite a bit off topic and makes little sense to me