ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/)
-   -   I drive for a living surely insurance companies will help me out? (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/930276-i-drive-for-a-living-surely-insurance-companies-will-help-me-out.html)

wrxolly 27 March 2012 07:29 PM

I drive for a living surely insurance companies will help me out?

iam a bus and coach driver and looking for a subaru finally after many months, my question is will insurance companies lower my price as i drive for my job and hardly use the car

kirstybumx3 27 March 2012 07:33 PM

My brother in law is a bus driver and his insurance is higher for being one.

wrxolly 27 March 2012 07:35 PM

christ sake

bugblue1 06 April 2012 11:27 AM

they probably wont wrxolly im the same driving instructor class1 ect,i think they look at it as you spend more time on the road so more chance of being in accident or something,unless you speak to them un say you have such n such driving qualifications un they appreciate that.

scoobynewbie72 06 April 2012 12:27 PM

if you wont use the car much you can limit the miles and you can save a little more.

Bean1984 06 April 2012 01:29 PM

Be gratefull mate you dont have to tell them that your an organ blue light rapid response driver..... Many companies dont wanna insure me because im always breaking the law when im on blue lights.

Speak to moley after easter and all will be good for you

subzerokent 06 April 2012 01:32 PM

As you drive for a living your classed as a high risk.

I think insurance company's class me as the devil I work in the motortrade,drive class 1 abnormal loads they load me big time.

wrxolly 06 April 2012 02:46 PM

yes ive spoke to moley,the last time i did was around january quoted me 1550,i do no more than 10 miles a day thats it,apart from that i use the bike, i cant understand that because i drive buses and coaches doing hundreds of miles every week in them,have a cpc car means your classed as a proffessional driver and the insurance companies think iam a risk..........i think they need to re-think that one,your trusted with a 40 foot coach with 55 passengers but not a 2 liter turbo saloon......p@ss take

bustaMOVEs 06 April 2012 02:56 PM

I was a courier and my insurance was high, like the guys say your more at risk being on the road all the time good driver or not.

wrxolly 06 April 2012 02:59 PM

well yeh il just do that,iam not paying more just because i drive for a living,il just say i work at warehose then

bustaMOVEs 06 April 2012 03:06 PM

;)

wrxolly 06 April 2012 03:08 PM

far one,i still dont think its going to get much cheaper than 1550

bustaMOVEs 06 April 2012 03:16 PM

How old are you? How many no claims? Any convictions?

lordharding 06 April 2012 05:17 PM

If you gave a wrong occupation it would make your insurance
Void if you claimed and they discovered it was not correct
Insurers will wriggle out of things only black and white I'm afraid

chocolate_o_brian 06 April 2012 08:40 PM

LOL @ the intelligence on this thread.

Right, so you're complaining about high insurance - fair point, everyone does.

But...

Someone is suggesting you lie to your insurers about your job
That someone is doing it on the insurance section,
...on Scoobynet
...where insurers frequent
...with the ability to check details
...AND YOU'RE AGREEING SAYING THAT YOU'RE GONNA DO JUST THAT?!?!

:facepalm:

If I was someone like Gary Moulson, or one of the other good insurers on here, I'd be flatly refusing to insure you.

Ok, so some people do it. They go as 'named drivers' when obviously the main driver, they don't declare mods etc, they 'fabricate' details as suggested above.

BUT, they don't blatantly do it in full public view

:lol1:

RobsyUK 07 April 2012 09:39 AM

I changed jobs into a driving roll and my insurance went up by..... Drum roll..... £5. as it was £5 Elephant paid it so I didn't have to..

I used to hate elephant ;)

Moley 07 April 2012 11:10 AM

It depends what you drive really.

Andy - i'm suprised we haven't had the 'get a trade policy' idea yet, that's a popular one at the moment. :rolleyes:

subzerokent 07 April 2012 12:58 PM

We all know bus drivers Are the worse drivers anyway Stop with no warning just pull out regardless of cars passing them :-)

zs_phil 07 April 2012 01:10 PM

Get a trade policy :D

stonejedi 08 April 2012 12:06 PM

:lol:

SRSport 08 April 2012 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 10566485)
If I was someone like Gary Moulson, or one of the other good insurers on here, I'd be flatly refusing to insure you.

Surely thats a good thing for an insurance company. All the income with no risk of paying out. Tell you what pay me £1550 a year, Ill insure you knowing full well that in the event of a claim I dont need to pay a thing. Sounds a good deal to me.

SRSport 08 April 2012 11:32 PM

Have we got an explanation as to why a coach driver is a higher risk? I dont understand why they would be?

Moley 08 April 2012 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by SRSport (Post 10569438)
Have we got an explanation as to why a coach driver is a higher risk? I dont understand why they would be?

Why do you assume they are a higher risk?

wrxolly 10 April 2012 03:25 PM

moley you quoted me back in jan on 95 wrx will it be much different on same year sti? thanks

Moley 10 April 2012 03:50 PM

Very similar, only slightly more

wrxolly 10 April 2012 03:57 PM

oh thats good iam in the middle of buying one at the weekend which has come up cheap so just wanted to check before,iam not putting on the road till sept-oct but good to know it will not cost to much more, thanks