ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Subaru (https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-444/)
-   -   AndytheJock01WRX's Litchfield Type 20 : Reluctantly For Sale (https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-444/930101-andythejock01wrxs-litchfield-type-20-reluctantly-for-sale.html)

MsJock01WRX 26 March 2012 03:29 AM

AndytheJock01WRX's Litchfield Type 20 : Reluctantly For Sale

Final Update: Thank you to everyone for your interest and support. The car has now gone to new home where I hope it will be loved as much as Andy loved it.

Thank you also to Callum for the additional information supplied.

==

Due to the recent tragic passing of my partner AndytheJock01WRX in a cycling accident, I find myself in the difficult position of not being able to keep his pride and joy. Therefore, I have the unfortunate burden of selling his beloved "BlackHawk" 2006 Litchfield Type 20 Spec C Subaru Impreza.

This has been an incredibly hard decision for me. However, I have to be realistic, and this car is simply too powerful for my needs. I know I would not be able to drive it and look after it as Andy would have wanted, so I would rather it go to another loving home where it can be appreciated and driven the way it's meant to be.

For those who have been on Scoobynet for a while, this vehicle may already be familiar to you as it was previously owned by CallumW who put it up for sale last year.

Equally, some of you may have followed Andy’s thread on his delight at being able to purchase (as he often referred to it) his "dream car". This is his post upon purchasing his car, however was obviously written as a new owner rather than as a seller.

This car gave Andy a lot of joy.

MY06 Black Hawkeye Subaru Impreza WRX STi Spec C Litchfield Type 20 JDM 365BHP
SOLD

MOT to November + 8 Months Tax & HPI Clear with Certificates + FSH / 1 Previous Owner
47,700 MILES
365.1 BHP (see power graph below)
6 Speed Manual Gearbox
Litchfield Performance Pack
2.0 JDM Engine with Strengthened Internals
Twinscroll Turbo
Uprated Suspension with AST Coilovers
Milltex Exhaust (wrapped)
K&N Filter
Cobra Alarm/ Immobiliser
2 Keys
Newly Powder Coated Anthracite 17” Alloys
Soundproofing (fitted post-power graph but can be easily removed)
Boot has Boot Liner (fitted but can be easily removed)

Also Included:
4 ScoobyWorld Premium Black Mudflaps (received after therefore never fitted - there are 3 on the car)
Spare EBC BlueStuff Brake pads

Note: Front Splitter was damaged and has been removed and needs to be replaced.

The car was tested at PowerStation after Litchfield worked their magic and this is the resulting power graph:

The AutoTrader advert can be found here and those of you who may be interested can either contact Andy’s brother-in-law for further information on the phone number provided on AutoTrader or you may ask me questions on here or through PM if you prefer and I'll do my best to answer them or find an answer for you.

(Please note, these photos were taken before the alloys were powder coated anthracite grey and before the splitter was damaged and removed. Andy also sourced "Litchfield", "Spec C" and "Type 20" decals from the original suppliers since these photos were taken as well. Recent pics can be found on the AutoTrader advert noted above)

Thanks for taking the time to look,

MsJock

Update: Andy's family are dealing with the sale of the car and have advised me they are reducing the price to £12,950.

Please contact me by PM and I will provide a contact number for any questions/ enquiries.

B4D HK 26 March 2012 10:28 AM

so sorry to hear about our loss :(

If there is anything we as a community can do.............just shout :)

Maz 26 March 2012 11:26 AM

Lovely car. It's under tragic circumstances that this sale has come about. Hopefully it shouldn't take long to sell as it is an exceptionally good car. Best of luck with the sale and best wishes.:)

Maz

struan80 26 March 2012 08:42 PM

Best wishes with the sale, it looks a beautiful car.

For any potential buyers just to let you know that I bought Andy's previous green WRX which was in mint condition, was obviously well cared for and is still running very very well after 9 months of ownership. I would recommend any car that Andy has owned, wish I had the cash myself for this beauty!

Terminator X 26 March 2012 08:45 PM

Type 20 is a wonderful rare car. Glws.

TX.

wrx9181 26 March 2012 08:54 PM

Wow beautiful car
Glwts but it will sell quick I'd of thought .
Sorry for your sad loss
Mick

CallumW 28 March 2012 10:01 PM

Ooooft! ..... tempting ..... :luvlove:

As the T20's original owner I can vouch for both it as well as how well Andy kept it.

When I popped up last November I dropped by and it was gleaming - almost as much as the big grin on his face :)

Yea .. it's an awesome car.
In fact it's aaaaaawesome :notworthy :notworthy

Other stats on the Type20 was that, although the Type25 gets more press for winning Time Attack in 2005 and being on 5th Gear, it was the T20 that won fastest Subaru and fastest Japanese car

This car is in the same except Ian had a big brake conversion with bigger alloys, sticky tyres and the Turbo wound up to the max at 380bhp.
(I replaced the brakes with standard sized EBC disks and pads)

It is an amazing car and I'm sorely, sorely tempted :wonder:

Myles 28 March 2012 10:06 PM

Best of luck with the sale. A very sought after car.

kennyc 29 March 2012 02:09 PM

So sorry to hear your tragic news MsJock - remember Andy first posting when he got the car and was genuinely over the moon. If you need a help with selling the car just give us a shout! Maybe speak to Iain Litchfield he might be interested as he tuned/sold the car originally: http://www.litchfieldimports.co.uk/

MsJock01WRX 30 March 2012 12:03 AM

Thank you everyone for your kind words about the car. I admit, even though it's not a car I would choose for myself - it is gorgeous, and I will miss it. (Although, not as much as I will miss the owner).

Originally Posted by kennyc (Post 10554885)
So sorry to hear your tragic news MsJock - remember Andy first posting when he got the car and was genuinely over the moon. If you need a help with selling the car just give us a shout! Maybe speak to Iain Litchfield he might be interested as he tuned/sold the car originally: http://www.litchfieldimports.co.uk/

KennyC, Andy's brother-in-law contacted Iain Litchfield and asked him some questions about the car and I have been told Iain suggested putting it on the market for £16,000 (as did Steve Witson at SW Motorsports).

And yes, he was over the moon. I saw it on his face everytime he looked at it. (then he'd remember me and quickly add that I came first!)

Originally Posted by CallumW (Post 10554212)
Ooooft! ..... tempting ..... :luvlove:
It is an amazing car and I'm sorely, sorely tempted :wonder:

Hi Callum, it's only improved since you had it, anthracite alloys instead of gold and it even has a passenger visor now! You'd hardly recognise her! ;)

MJ

b11 30 March 2012 12:25 AM

Im so sorry to hear about ur loss may god help you through this hard time, It is really a magnificent car a credit to its owner best of luck with your sale....

CallumW 30 March 2012 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by MsJock01WRX (Post 10555777)
Hi Callum, it's only improved since you had it, anthracite alloys instead of gold and it even has a passenger visor now! You'd hardly recognise her! ;)

MJ

Yup, I spotted it when we were out for a spin last year.

He said that you insisted that the visor was put in :thumb:
I mentioned that a sun visor in Scotland was being optimistic :D

kad 16v 30 March 2012 10:53 AM

Very sorry to hear of the loss you have had.

I hope the car goes to someone who will love it as much as the last two owners obviously had done.

Good luck with the sale

DoZZa 30 March 2012 10:57 AM

Amazing car, I had a white Litchfield Hawkeye Spec C and it was epic.

Anyone thinking of buying one, well dont think any further, get down the bank now!

Very sorry to hear of your loss and I wish you a quick and easy sale.

Cannon Fodder 31 March 2012 10:56 PM

I sold the visor to Andy and I'm only sorry that I can't buy it back complete with the car.

Whoever buys this car will be getting a real bargain, good luck with the sale. :)

Andy is sorely missed as he was a real gent in the truest sense. :(

MsJock01WRX 01 April 2012 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by CallumW (Post 10555819)
...He said that you insisted that the visor was put in :thumb:

Actually he said the same thing to a few people, that I 'insisted' on it.

But the truth is I didn't! He went out and got the sun visor himself and then he was so proud of himself and sweet when he found it, put it on and presented it to me! He was always so thoughtful.

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder (Post 10558508)
Andy is sorely missed as he was a real gent in the truest sense. :(

Thank you, and yes, he truly was.

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder (Post 10558508)
I sold the visor to Andy and I'm only sorry that I can't buy it back complete with the car.

And thank you.

MsJock01WRX 01 April 2012 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by CallumW (Post 10555819)
I mentioned that a sun visor in Scotland was being optimistic :D

Not like this last week! It's almost rivalled winter in (parts of) Australia! ;)

CallumW 02 April 2012 01:08 AM

:) Popped up Friday and just back home now.
Has been a scorcher around Edinburgh and Glasgow :D

Forcast is for snow tomorrow (wtf?)

bluenosewrx 02 April 2012 05:32 PM

If I could sell my current car I would buy this!!! Andy was a real gent, anyone want a R26 230 F1 Team????

Mac

stevep360 02 April 2012 06:02 PM

Lovely car, hope it sells quickly for you. So sad for your loss. Deepest condolences

rickya 02 April 2012 06:35 PM

Awesome & genuine car. I have followed this car's history from Callum to Andy and I know its one of the few Spec C's and JDM Sti's that has made a 'reputable dyno' proven 365bhp on basic stage 1 mods. Hardly any make over 350bhp with this spec.

Goodluck and best wishes to you with the sale.

Ricky

Suberman 02 April 2012 06:39 PM

Sorry to hear about your tragic loss. My deepest condolences to you. :( I still remember complimenting him on his purchase.

Good luck with the sale.

B4D HK 02 April 2012 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by MsJock01WRX (Post 10555777)
Thank you everyone for your kind words about the car. I admit, even though it's not a car I would choose for myself - it is gorgeous, and I will miss it. (Although, not as much as I will miss the owner).

KennyC, Andy's brother-in-law contacted Iain Litchfield and asked him some questions about the car and I have been told Iain suggested putting it on the market for £16,000 (as did Steve Witson at SW Motorsports).

And yes, he was over the moon. I saw it on his face everytime he looked at it. (then he'd remember me and quickly add that I came first!)

MJ

I agree, it's worth 16k IMHO :thumb:

Hawk aye the noo 07 April 2012 07:47 PM

Hi Ms Jock

I have been in that car many times with Andy over the last year as you know and i can say that it is a truly gorgeous car in appearance and performance.:thumb: I know how much you would like to keep it yourself but I know it isn't really practical for you to do so.
I hope it goes to a good home and is treated with the respect it deserves.

Good luck with the sale:)

RS Grant 08 April 2012 11:37 PM

I don't come on here much these days, but I read the first part of this thread and genuinely felt like I'd had the wind knocked out of me... I'm so sorry to hear of Andy's passing, he was a cracking bloke. I'm very sorry for your loss and I hope that you get the car sold with minimal fuss and to another true enthusiast.

Cheers,
Grant

Jamescsti 10 April 2012 12:41 PM

Another bump to the top
Fantastic looking car, wish I could afford it!

CallumW 11 April 2012 12:15 AM

For those interested, here's a video I took of the remap.

The tyres were Yokohama A048 at the time which is why the tyre roar is so loud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5En_q8JKDM

I also kept every receipt and taxdisc from day 1, which I passed to Andy and Donna when they bought the car.

The Service Book was fully stamped. 75% were Powerstation/Litchfield 12+6 month services and the other 25% were 6 month services by James @ GRD.

Jamo 15 April 2012 09:13 AM

Bttt

hope it sells quickly for you, very sorry for your loss :(

MsJock01WRX 19 April 2012 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by rickya (Post 10560836)
Awesome & genuine car. I have followed this car's history from Callum to Andy and I know its one of the few Spec C's and JDM Sti's that has made a 'reputable dyno' proven 365bhp on basic stage 1 mods. Hardly any make over 350bhp with this spec.

Goodluck and best wishes to you with the sale.

Ricky

I'm afraid I have no idea what you just said(!), but this is certainly the most powerful car I've ever driven and I have looked at the other power graphs from the other 2006 T20's and did notice this one does seem to top the lot BHP-wise with those too.

I knew there had to be a reason, so I guess that explains why!(?)

Thanks Ricky,

(blonde)MJ

Hawk aye the noo 23 April 2012 10:31 AM

Bump:thumb: