ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   My Astra 1.9 CDTI is going and being replaced with.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/929954-my-astra-1-9-cdti-is-going-and-being-replaced-with.html)

TonyBurns 24 March 2012 09:39 PM

My Astra 1.9 CDTI is going and being replaced with....

Ok, I will point out that I mainly use the car for long commutes so dont rib me too much :lol1: and though I have owned "french" cars before, I've not owned a Citroen :eek: (well its basically a Peugeot and I've had a few of those ;))

So today, with deep regret, my astra is going, to be replaced by a (every so slightly smaller) Citroen C3 1.6 e-HDI 90 VTR+
Ok the deals on tempted me a fair bit :lol1: but they only did the 0% finance & 0% VAT on the 1.4 HDi :( but I had enough discount to make it worth while :D

Now looking forward from going (drop in power and torque, 90 v 118bhp and 192 v 208lbs), from 39.6 urban to 64.2, 49.8 v 75.something combined and 61 v 85. something extra urban :eek: mpg!
Its good having Citroens main office/dealership on your door (and for those who understand their DS range, they have 2 DS5's in at the moment, look stunning :D not on sale till june/july 2012).

Not bad for a car on a budget tbh, shouldnt have any problems in the 3 years I will own this car (fingers crossed :lol1: ) but that was one of the reasons I went for this model.

Tony:)

The Zohan 24 March 2012 09:43 PM

Doesn't Noddy own one of those;)?

TonyBurns 24 March 2012 09:45 PM

Yup :lol1::lol1::lol1: but the 98gkm means no road tax ;) switched on guy that noddy :D:thumb:

Tony:D

DT-SPD 24 March 2012 10:54 PM

Good engine :thumb:, spent 8yrs developing and calibrating those at Ford.

lozgti1 24 March 2012 10:56 PM

I shouldn't be prejudiced ( given I owned a Skoda!) but I still hesitate on the French stuff

But enjoy! And fugger me,mpg impressive!

craigo 24 March 2012 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by TonyBurns (Post 10548614)
Yup :lol1::lol1::lol1: but the 98gkm means no road tax ;) switched on guy that noddy :D:thumb:

i so disagree with the no road tax thing ! fookin outrageous policy !!! :mad:

chrispy200+ 24 March 2012 11:05 PM

I've got a ds3 Dsport + eHDI 110, not a bad little car and zero road tax too

craigo 24 March 2012 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by chrispy200+ (Post 10548733)

:hjtwofing :D

TonyBurns 24 March 2012 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by chrispy200+ (Post 10548733)

I would have loved a DS3 Dsport, but have you seen the DS5, 200bhp 2ltr hybrid4 engine, 99g/km so that also means you dont have to pay tax :eek::D

TonyBurns 24 March 2012 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by craigo (Post 10548730)
i so disagree with the no road tax thing ! fookin outrageous policy !!! :mad:

Yes I agree, it should be the same across the board or go by the weight of the vehicle or even better, be added to the fuel, but at the moment I dont mind not paying anything :D

craigo 24 March 2012 11:32 PM

drivers are taxed pretty heavily to be on public highways. this zero tax rubbish, why why...... its greener yes

it does less damage to the streets, than a subaru....:nono:

call subarus a green tax :lol1:

politics, words, bla bla bla

craigo 24 March 2012 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by TonyBurns (Post 10548764)
Yes I agree, it should be the same across the board or go by the weight of the vehicle or even better, be added to the fuel, but at the moment I dont mind not paying anything :D

but tony, try tell someone that you perhaps ought to be paying more road tax....... :eek:

policies, government ! :lol1:

chrispy200+ 24 March 2012 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by TonyBurns (Post 10548760)
I would have loved a DS3 Dsport, but have you seen the DS5, 200bhp 2ltr hybrid4 engine, 99g/km so that also means you dont have to pay tax :eek::D

Yeah they look really quite good but way out of my price range I'm guessing, wasn't too keen on the ds4 and that was a bit too rich for me

mattvortex 25 March 2012 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by TonyBurns (Post 10548598)
Ok, I will point out that I mainly use the car for long commutes so dont rib me too much :lol1: and though I have owned "french" cars before, I've not owned a Citroen :eek: (well its basically a Peugeot and I've had a few of those ;))

So today, with deep regret, my astra is going, to be replaced by a (every so slightly smaller) Citroen C3 1.6 e-HDI 90 VTR+
Ok the deals on tempted me a fair bit :lol1: but they only did the 0% finance & 0% VAT on the 1.4 HDi :( but I had enough discount to make it worth while :D

Now looking forward from going (drop in power and torque, 90 v 118bhp and 192 v 208lbs), from 39.6 urban to 64.2, 49.8 v 75.something combined and 61 v 85. something extra urban :eek: mpg!
Its good having Citroens main office/dealership on your door (and for those who understand their DS range, they have 2 DS5's in at the moment, look stunning :D not on sale till june/july 2012).

Not bad for a car on a budget tbh, shouldnt have any problems in the 3 years I will own this car (fingers crossed :lol1: ) but that was one of the reasons I went for this model.

Tony:)

dont get too hung-up on the mpg figures- you' ll get nowhere near that in day-to-day use.
And also, considering something similar myself just as an a-b car, you basically get a boring , dull vehicle that no one will envy unless its in a pretty colour and some dumb blond thinks is nice. Cheap tax though!

SPEN555 25 March 2012 04:15 PM

Ditto above. Years ago I got a lupo supposed to get 78mpg. Like fook it would. Could only manage in the 40's! Plus was expensive to service. Pissed me off so much I sold it n got a ur quattro :)

mattvortex 25 March 2012 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by SPEN555 (Post 10549393)
Ditto above. Years ago I got a lupo supposed to get 78mpg. Like fook it would. Could only manage in the 40's! Plus was expensive to service. Pissed me off so much I sold it n got a ur quattro :)

Exactly mate,years ago we had an Audi A2TDI that was supposed to average the same- 78mpg. Yeah right- about 46mpg we made it, working it out per tank, not the fuel computer ( that still only said 49mpg).
With these boring low powered diesels, you never get near the listed MPG.:mad:

DT-SPD 25 March 2012 05:21 PM

The published figures are measured on a very specific drive cycle, its a method of comparing consumption between one car and another. The figures dont claim to give you a figure you can expect to get when driving the car on the road.

mattvortex 25 March 2012 05:27 PM

Yes but almost 30mpg adrift is a piss-take!!

DT-SPD 25 March 2012 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by mattvortex (Post 10549484)
Yes but almost 30mpg adrift is a piss-take!!

30mpg adrift of what ?? If you drive the car on the same drive cycle you will get the same consumption figures, done it myself loads of times ( admitedly this was on the same chassis rolls/cars/engines used to get the original numbers ).

What is wrong is the motor industry allowing the public to keep interpreting the published figures as a indication of real world MPG.

mattvortex 25 March 2012 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by DT-SPD (Post 10549506)
30mpg adrift of what ?? If you drive the car on the same drive cycle you will get the same consumption figures, done it myself loads of times ( admitedly this was on the same chassis rolls/cars/engines used to get the original numbers ).

What is wrong is the motor industry allowing the public to keep interpreting the published figures as a indication of real world MPG.

30 mpg adrift of the official figure!! Thats alot!! I drive an older model Merc SL500 and that gives about the same as the official combined( i get 22mpg, compared to official 23.5 mpg)

When for a VW lupo tdi or Audi A2tdi, the combined figure is listed as 78mpg and you actually only get late 40's at best, then somethings wrong!!!

chrispy200+ 25 March 2012 06:25 PM

I'm getting mid 50's out of mine average, mostly a roads and the daily commute, not quite what they said but sure it'll get better with age

DT-SPD 25 March 2012 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by mattvortex (Post 10549521)
30 mpg adrift of the official figure!! Thats alot!! I drive an older model Merc SL500 and that gives about the same as the official combined( i get 22mpg, compared to official 23.5 mpg)

When for a VW lupo tdi or Audi A2tdi, the combined figure is listed as 78mpg and you actually only get late 40's at best, then somethings wrong!!!

I think you have missed my point. The official figures are not real world, they are specific drive cycles so you wont get the same unless you are driving close to the drive cycle ( Google NEDC ).

Getting a similar real world figure in your Merc is becuase its already very low, far less chance of your driving style to influence the result.

dpb 25 March 2012 09:17 PM

But at that rate he would be returning 10 mph in the Mercedes !

TonyBurns 25 March 2012 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by mattvortex (Post 10549374)
dont get too hung-up on the mpg figures- you' ll get nowhere near that in day-to-day use.
And also, considering something similar myself just as an a-b car, you basically get a boring , dull vehicle that no one will envy unless its in a pretty colour and some dumb blond thinks is nice. Cheap tax though!

Its not a vw :lol1: now they do have a dodgy trip computer ;)
My astra, I get very close to the figure(s) stated by them, this new c3, well all those I know with the HDI engines do very well, and we are not talking going by the trip computer, we are going by filling up and working out how much fuel you put in, so 70mpg is easily acheiveable in these cars ;)

Brun 25 March 2012 10:29 PM

Trip computer is always within 2-3 mpg on every tank on my Fab :)

dpb 26 March 2012 11:08 AM

Just got citreon brochure thro the door , must be from having xsara serviced there 7 Years ago ??.. never had anythng in the interim .

I reckon the 78mpg is with them pushing it up hill lol . DS5 looks fine , im amazed it comes with 4wd ! , i guess theyll be getting rid of that c crosser disaster

dunx 28 March 2012 12:16 PM

Probably due to the electrics being in the back, to add drive, and harvest kinetic energy under braking...

dunx

TonyBurns 02 May 2012 10:07 PM

Well a little update on the C3, a weekend out to my mates, mainly motorway but some country roads/A roads, averaging 60mph (cruise control), pretty clear motorways, miles done, 335, as much fuel as I could get in without it flowing out of the tank (i was getting splash back! :eek: ) just under 19ltrs, but it was close enough to round it up.
MPG, 80 :eek::D
Pretty happy with that ;)

sovietspybob 03 May 2012 09:58 AM

Fair play they are damn efficient!

I've always managed to meet or exceed the combined MPG of all my cars, my current daily is a 1.4 diesel Toyota Yaris and im getting between 64 and 69mpg regularly on my commute, think the advertised combined is 64 so im pretty happy with that. Should be hitting over 70 in the summer with warmer weather.

In my last car i could get 40mpg out of a Honda DC5 which was rated at 31mpg combined and 37 extra urban so was pretty pleased with that!

RICK... 03 May 2012 11:54 AM

Not bad little cars to be honest, looked at them when getting my Insignia. Also someone on a joining street to me has a DS5 sat on their drive, and I must say they do look pretty smart! Never been that keen on citroens either.