ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   fat and disabled (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/929948-fat-and-disabled.html)

dpb 24 March 2012 09:21 PM

fat and disabled

Is it possible to be classed as disabled just because you've gained too much weight .

Iv no idea, just spotted couple parking as close as possible to shop , he got out , very much overweight and as I walked away his wife, presumably, not quite as overweight leapt out of the passenger side
:confused:

Tidgy 24 March 2012 09:22 PM

i think it is, but it shouldn;t be

Terminator X 24 March 2012 09:35 PM

Did they have a blue badge? Just fat f*ckers if not!

TX.

dpb 24 March 2012 09:37 PM

They did have the blue badge , checked as I left

hodgy0_2 24 March 2012 09:47 PM

are you sure it was not a blueberry pie left on the dashboard, or a very mouldy pasty

pimmo2000 24 March 2012 10:01 PM

Sadly, once you reach a certain weight, yes you are classed as disabled and can claim as such.

ditchmyster 24 March 2012 11:02 PM

I know a guy who keeps himself fat so that he can't have an operation on his "bad back" so that he can continue to claim disability and has done so for about 20yrs, i'm not even sure he ever had a bad back, as he never seemed to have a problem when ever i saw him.

I suspect what you saw was just one of the worlds many fat lazy barsterds.

Midlife...... 25 March 2012 12:21 AM

Alcoholics who have drunk themselves into a state where they cannot walk properly can get motability cars.............

Shaun

tony de wonderful 25 March 2012 12:47 AM

The state could lock them up and feed them only 1000 cal a day until they are thin again.

What do you reckon?

Makes sense.

fatscoobfella1 25 March 2012 08:06 AM

You get more and more stupid as the days goes on!

The Zohan 25 March 2012 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 10548728)
I know a guy who keeps himself fat so that he can't have an operation on his "bad back" so that he can continue to claim disability and has done so for about 20yrs, i'm not even sure he ever had a bad back, as he never seemed to have a problem when ever i saw him.

I suspect what you saw was just one of the worlds many fat lazy barsterds.

You are talking about your mum aren't you. You know she likes being on her back...

bigsinky 25 March 2012 10:11 AM

maybe they were just big boned.

dpb 25 March 2012 11:02 AM

I propose increased road tax , on account of extra road wear

Turbohot 25 March 2012 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 10548882)
The state could lock them up and feed them only 1000 cal a day until they are thin again.

What do you reckon?

Makes sense.

A thought provoking post. It reminds me that I need to do that to meself. :lol1:

tony de wonderful 25 March 2012 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 10549206)
A thought provoking post. It reminds me that I need to do that to meself. :lol1:

ha ha 1000 cal is not much but you will drop weight incredibly fast, but it would depend on your natural size etc. For example if a bloke is 16 stone lean naturally vs a woman who is 6 stone lean naturally you might need to go up and down respectively with the cal intake.

Anyway why not lock up fat people? We wouldn't call it locking them up of course. It would be 'voluntary' but you loose all benefits and social hosuing if you do not comply :lol1:. Or you could use the powers of medical section to do it. Overeating is a mental illness of course. Gotta be cruel to be kind.

Wish 25 March 2012 01:04 PM

Once they have a notability car they use and abuse them.... Ive seen some in a right states.
I've half these people don't deserve a car.

Turbohot 25 March 2012 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 10549225)
ha ha 1000 cal is not much but you will drop weight incredibly fast, but it would depend on your natural size etc. For example if a bloke is 16 stone lean naturally vs a woman who is 6 stone lean naturally you might need to go up and down respectively with the cal intake.

I'm not a danger or a burden to myself or to others due to my overweight :D, but I know that I am 2 stones oveweight for my own standards, and I am a shortie. For a 10-stoner non-lean, I should be actually 8 St. semi-lean for my 5'3" pathetic height. I have been saying it for ages, but I need to sort it. 1000 cal a day is hardly a punishment. I think I intake max 1000 cals most days without thinking about it, anyway. My body responds well to the cardiovascular workout, which I haven't been doing for a good while. This may mean that 1000 cals may need to be slightly increased for that plan, but increased cals can be gained from healthy foods, instead of greasy duffnuts that I hate, anyway. Some put it down to getting older, But I disagree with that pessimistic and lazy psychological maljustification. I will sort it. Until I do that, I am gonna do that 1000 cal plan, as you suggest.

Anyway why not lock up fat people? We wouldn't call it locking them up of course. It would be 'voluntary' but you loose all benefits and social hosuing if you do not comply :lol1:. Or you could use the powers of medical section to do it. Overeating is a mental illness of course. Gotta be cruel to be kind.

Overeating is a mental illness, of course. But locking them up means getting cells, buying locks and keys, feeding them, and pay people to watch the overeaters. Who can be @rsed to do all that cost-imposing stuff, FFS! I suggest they should be given an electronic swipe card with their food allowance listed on the card. I suggest red colour for it. When they go shopping, the shop keeper should ask them to produce that card. The card will show of they had bought an icecream elsewhere. On that, the shop keeper can refuse to sell them another one. This may incur the cost for electronic swipe cards and having staff to monitor that, but it won't be as expensive as having them locked up, no one will have to babysit them, and they will learn to self-manage. The red card should become amber when they reach half-way to healthy eating and weight loss;with added healthy foods . Government can add extra reward on the card- of a new, smaller size designer clothing item on achieving amber and green card. They should receive a green card when they reach their optimum. depending upon how stubborn and chronic their issue was, it should be mandatory for them to monitor their food intake and even exercise levels (stick that on card as well) for as long as they need; may be for life. Just a thought, because I have another cup of tea to consume before I finally get out. :D

Leslie 25 March 2012 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 10549136)
I propose increased road tax , on account of extra road wear

If you are eligible for top rate mobility allowance, you dont have to pay the road fund tax.

Les

dpb 25 March 2012 03:13 PM

you what :eek:

Wish 25 March 2012 03:21 PM

Nope .. Nor insure it ! ..

tony de wonderful 25 March 2012 04:11 PM

I have also noticed that being grossly overweight whilst pushing a shopping trolly (with half ones body weight supported by leaning on it), is a license to have complete right of way in the supermarket lane environment.

mattvortex 25 March 2012 04:34 PM

I know of a supposedly disabled chap, who plays golf 3-4 times a week, parking his 2011 BMW convertaible for free in the public car park!!

Ive reported this to the local authority but hes still at it! All i can think is, hes a bloddy good actor at the doctor's!!

Wish 25 March 2012 04:37 PM

You cant be just fat to have a car.... You have to stink like a pikey too !

oldsplice 25 March 2012 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 10549389)
I have also noticed that being grossly overweight whilst pushing a shopping trolly (with half ones body weight supported by leaning on it), is a license to have complete right of way in the supermarket lane environment.

It would also appear to let you off putting the EMPTY trolley back in the trolley park when you've loaded up the boot, therefore leaving it to roll across the car park and into some other poor sap's car door. :mad:

mattvortex 25 March 2012 05:07 PM

It seems you can get a blue badge so easily nowadays, i must consider one myself for free parking!!

LSherratt 25 March 2012 05:27 PM

Tax the fat, simples.

New_scooby_04 25 March 2012 06:03 PM

http://demotivationalblog.com/demoti....thumbnail.png :D