ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   FairFuel Campaign (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/929622-fairfuel-campaign.html)

urban 21 March 2012 05:36 PM

FairFuel Campaign

Guys

This needs numbers.
They've been knocked back in the past with rises thanks to this campaign.
This new 2012 Budget confirmation of a 3.02 ppl is a joke!

Get signed up, and get others signed up too if you can.

http://www.fairfueluk.com/index.html

Mods - can this be stickied?

CharlySkunkWeed 21 March 2012 07:11 PM

Done my bit on SI , lot of good it did ! See the Sun did a poll , 70% said they wanted tax dropped on fuel . . . . . .

urban 22 March 2012 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by CharlySkunkWeed (Post 10544501)
Done my bit on SI , lot of good it did ! See the Sun did a poll , 70% said they wanted tax dropped on fuel . . . . . .

But it did do a lot of good.
We got two planned increases canned!

jef 22 March 2012 04:02 PM

signed up also

EddScott 22 March 2012 04:29 PM

Signed

Although I would like to know where the government is expected to find the shortfall income if they reduce fuel duty.

I also clicked VAT reduction. More important to me than fuel.

Saxo Boy 22 March 2012 04:39 PM

Although I would like to know where the government is expected to find the shortfall income if they reduce fuel duty.
Er, how about stopped the ridiculous amount we pay out in benefits for starters!

petethemeat 22 March 2012 04:43 PM

signed up

urban 22 March 2012 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by EddScott (Post 10545707)
Signed

I also clicked VAT reduction. More important to me than fuel.

Yes, but think about it.
Every time they up duty, then the VAT also increases.
This fuel price has an impact on pretty much everything we need - take food as an example.

The "immigrants" thing should be closely examined.
Foreigners for example, they should not be entitled to free NHS when in this country.
We have to pay when we're abroad

SwissTony 22 March 2012 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by urban (Post 10545734)
Yes, but think about it.
Every time they up duty, then the VAT also increases.
This fuel price has an impact on pretty much everything we need - take food as an example.

Foreigners for example, they should not be entitled to free NHS when in this country.
We have to pay when we're abroad

Good point :thumb:

pimmo2000 22 March 2012 05:34 PM

signed up, although I don't see it helping ..

Blue by You 22 March 2012 05:38 PM

Signed

legacy_gtb 22 March 2012 06:10 PM

It wont do feck all good imo .... the government doesnt care what its population think!

If they gave a toss they would have realised by now that theyd earn more from taxes by freeing up fuel costs and ....

.... actually, i cant even be arsed to continue this anymore, theres no point! the government will charge what they want knowing full well that however much we complain we'll still pay for just as much fuel and they'll recieve just as much cash from it!

Ill just keep schtoom till i can gather all my finances together and emigrate with them to a more deserving democracy!

Steve vRS 22 March 2012 07:19 PM

Signed...and then realised it is a campaign by Quentin Wilson,. I can't stand him and his warranty selling, grey import bashing ways.

Steve

Lee247 22 March 2012 08:09 PM

Done :thumb:

markjmd 22 March 2012 08:21 PM

Been signed up for a good while already, and have forwarded link to friends and family many a time.

Scooby Jo 22 March 2012 08:50 PM

Done, hope it works!

Boro 22 March 2012 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by markjmd (Post 10546047)
Been signed up for a good while already, and have forwarded link to friends and family many a time.

Same here and I'm not holding my breath for any reduction. Waste of time!

dpb 22 March 2012 09:00 PM

Almost as pointless as announcing to the world your leaving scoobynet forever

markjmd 22 March 2012 09:38 PM

To the "waste of time" crowd, far better to just suck it up without a word of complaint, is that it?

hodgy0_2 22 March 2012 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by urban (Post 10545734)

why don't we force immigrants to drive Subarus, and the real hangers on can drive RR's

all that fuel duty they will pay will soon reduce the national debt

Boro 22 March 2012 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by markjmd (Post 10546203)
To the "waste of time" crowd, far better to just suck it up without a word of complaint, is that it?

I've supported and promoted FFUK and participated in fuel protests for over 12 months and still watch pump prices rise!

Hence, wasted my time.

CharlySkunkWeed 22 March 2012 10:33 PM

Me too , maybe even longer. Had to have a certain number of people to take it to parliment , where they never even listened. Only way to change things is to strike , and not fill up for a while. But i couldnt do that.

Boro 22 March 2012 10:38 PM

Agreed and FFUK don't support aggressive action.

Lisawrx 23 March 2012 01:38 AM

Signed. It may well do no good, but to be honest, it's worth a try. Worst case, it was a couple of minutes of my time wasted.

madscoob 23 March 2012 02:18 AM

what they need to do is not use a fuel supplier for each week of the month . week one no one use texaco and so on , hit em where it hurts most , shareholders pockets :thumb:. remember though petrol will only ever come down in price the day after they stop mp's being able to claim it back on expences

urban 23 March 2012 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Boro (Post 10546115)
Same here and I'm not holding my breath for any reduction. Waste of time!

I don't understand why people say this - why do you think the previous planned increases were canned?

Originally Posted by madscoob (Post 10546514)
what they need to do is not use a fuel supplier for each week of the month . week one no one use texaco and so on , hit em where it hurts most , shareholders pockets :thumb:. remember though petrol will only ever come down in price the day after they stop mp's being able to claim it back on expences

How will that help get the government to reduce some of its outrageous tax?

Hawk aye the noo 23 March 2012 12:35 PM

Signed up:thumb: Anything has to be worth a go. Certainly won't do any harm.

jods 23 March 2012 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy (Post 10545719)
Er, how about stopped the ridiculous amount we pay out in benefits for starters!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...lagher-007.jpg

CREWJ 23 March 2012 09:37 PM

Doubt it will help but signed regardless.

EOEUMC 23 March 2012 09:42 PM

Done soemthing like this a couple of years ago. Signed up, got the spam emails saying what was happening and all that, then nothing! Diddly squat. The whole thing went tits up and they got the emails for spam purposes :(
Not even the fuel card they promised :brickwall