ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   paralell fuel rails (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/929265-paralell-fuel-rails.html)

Ginge ! 18 March 2012 11:05 AM

paralell fuel rails

do they really work as people suggest ?

been thinking about this and aslong as the fuel pressure is there,,, then surely they all are getting fed the fuel as the pressure regulator is at the end of the run so fuel stavation cant really happen without a drop in pressure which would result anyway with the parallel fuel lines too wouldnt they or is there more to is than that ?

Shaks-STI 18 March 2012 11:20 AM

I had it on mine and the car never run rite with it, had the car mapped and still was running like sh*t, removed it and straight noticed that the car idled better and started straight away which wasnt doing with parallel set up.

Spoke to Duncan and he called me back to have the car check again, she run perfectly now and feels much desirable to drive.

Unless you are planing for huge BHP then dont bother. IMHO

Ginge ! 18 March 2012 11:27 AM

just thinking as the manifold is off and i have a sard adjustable fuel pressure regulator already would be a shame not too but if there is no real point ( 400 bhp is all i really need tbh) then i might just start putting it all back together again

Shaks-STI 18 March 2012 11:52 AM

I am looking to get that much on mine too and parallel isnt needed tbh. I am running over 350bhp and on standard and will be taking to 400 once i get bigger injectors on standard rails just with FPR. Speak to your mapper and take the advise.

I was in the same situation as you i thought while the manifold is out i might just do it BUT end up taking out again to removed it.

Are you planning to cut your OE rails and make the parallel lines?

If you are i have some 2x T pieces that i have taken out.

Ginge ! 18 March 2012 11:59 AM

i also need to think about a ecu,,,,, that part is getting to me alot

Shaks-STI 18 March 2012 12:05 PM

What year is your car?

I have ESL daughter board installed and mapped by Duncan, great features on it. Speak to Duncan and he will sort it out good price too.

Ginge ! 18 March 2012 12:12 PM

97 V3 STI,,,,, and also has a mines ecu fitted too :(

millzy555 18 March 2012 03:19 PM

I have both rails and a simtek ecu for sale. Both for your car. Ecu is brand new, never been mapped. Has a/l and l/c activated.
£40 for the rails and £600 for the ecu

Ginge ! 18 March 2012 03:23 PM

cheers for the offer but by chance i seen a apexi forsale at a price i couldnt miss (again pmsl) and the rails i already have apart from the adaptor for the fuel presure reg
cheers for the offer though :)

tbh i dont think im going to bother with the rails now, just refit the inlet manifold and the 440 injectors and get the car mapped,,,, then decide again from there