ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/)
-   -   wtf!!! can somebody please explain?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/928070-wtf-can-somebody-please-explain.html)

imprezajon 08 March 2012 09:32 PM

wtf!!! can somebody please explain??

i have a question for all the insurance companies who are on here.
i am with swinton at the moment and i am currently going through a non-fault claim in which the car has been written off.
i am looking at different makes of car to replace the one i have lost, so i got a quote for an 05 impreza, no mods and i got a decision saying that only 1 company would insure it, that quote was £10,000 yes you heard me correct £10,000, for a car that is only worth £5000.
so i thought i would do a gocompair search,with all the same details, including the accident that is currently still active and guess what, swinton came back with a quote of £1,700 ???????
now i am stuck with swinton as my policy doesnt end till december but how can they justify an £8300 difference in quotes, if anybody has any thoughts i would love to here them.

Moley 08 March 2012 09:34 PM

Speak to a manager IMO

Blue and Gold 08 March 2012 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by imprezajon (Post 10524728)
i have a question for all the insurance companies who are on here.
i am with swinton at the moment and i am currently going through a non-fault claim in which the car has been written off.
i am looking at different makes of car to replace the one i have lost, so i got a quote for an 05 impreza, no mods and i got a decision saying that only 1 company would insure it, that quote was £10,000 yes you heard me correct £10,000, for a car that is only worth £5000.
so i thought i would do a gocompair search,with all the same details, including the accident that is currently still active and guess what, swinton came back with a quote of £1,700 ???????
now i am stuck with swinton as my policy doesnt end till december but how can they justify an £8300 difference in quotes, if anybody has any thoughts i would love to here them.

I am having this problem at the moment jon whilst looking for insurance, companies are quoting one price and then the comparison sites are £££ more expensive, I generally just put this down to the comparison sites putting their cut on top either way it's a p!ss take.

Although you seem to have got the attention of the guy who is considered an insurance god on here so maybe now is the time to get a quote? I'm certainly going to try my damned hardest to get in touch with Gary next year (not 25 till september so will be next years insurance)

As I have said in the wmi section pal I would like to see how my details x statistics = a quote of £12339.00 :lol1: it would be very interesting to see how the numbers are generated

imprezajon 08 March 2012 09:48 PM

the £10,000 was a quote from the branch, the online quote was/is the cheaper option.
it has really put my hopes of ever owning another impreza non-existant!!!!!!!!!!!