ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   stranglers-giants (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/927460-stranglers-giants.html)

derek sti 03 March 2012 09:32 PM

stranglers-giants

scooby people listen to some timeless great sounds not the manufactured ****e thats everywhere these days.

kbsub 04 March 2012 12:04 AM

I read its great album, in fact one of their best . Must try and get to listen to it someday .

Bubba po 04 March 2012 12:36 AM

What a load of Fcuking shoite. They ought to have given up when Cornwell left. They're just an anachronism and an embarrassment now.

Yours sincerely, an ex-fan.

derek sti 04 March 2012 11:03 AM

not so according to all recent live reviews and cd reviews.some sad people even used to try and copy them didnt they.:razz:

kbsub 04 March 2012 03:58 PM

Will never come close to the first 3 albums thats for sure , And I haven't even listened to it , For me it simply won't have the nostalgia behind it . And to some extent I agree with Bubba , although not as strongly. Truth be known they will never be the band they once was. :(

Personally I thought Bubba's band was almost as good as his T Rex head :thumb:

derek sti 04 March 2012 05:54 PM

:lol:

Rescue Dude 04 March 2012 06:13 PM

I've been a Stranglers fan since I first saw them in 78 and they have gone off the boil a bit of late but Giants is a really good album.

derek sti 04 March 2012 06:21 PM

certainly is even better live.

dirtybarry 05 March 2012 04:25 PM

my mate a really big fan even knows the group like a few of the old songs not really my cup of tea been told its the last tour and album being going since the early 70s lol

kbsub 07 March 2012 12:54 AM

JJ up to his old tricks :D

http://youtu.be/3vnzzIrR26c

derek sti 07 March 2012 10:21 AM

jj not up to any old tricks really.i was there and couldnt believe this nob decided to throw beer at jj of all people.the gig could have been halted and the band not come on again but they did and jj showed maturity and proffesionalism a few years ago he would have just kicked him in the face.and walked off.he is a legend.

dirtybarry 07 March 2012 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by derek sti (Post 10522121)
jj not up to any old tricks really.i was there and couldnt believe this nob decided to throw beer at jj of all people.the gig could have been halted and the band not come on again but they did and jj showed maturity and proffesionalism a few years ago he would have just kicked him in the face.and walked off.he is a legend.

look what went on at the morrissey gig when a dick did the same with a bottle of water cant blame him for walking off i would do the same

Bubba po 07 March 2012 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by derek sti (Post 10517458)
not so according to all recent live reviews and cd reviews.some sad people even used to try and copy them didnt they.:razz:

Two pieces of factual information:

That band never "tried to copy them". No-one tried to look like the band or take on stupid corny fake names - it was purely for the music.

Even when I was in it, there was nothing in the set newer than 1980. Can you hazard a guess as to why that might be? :D

derek sti 07 March 2012 08:27 PM

:sleep:

kbsub 08 March 2012 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by derek sti (Post 10522121)

Yeah JJ going soft in his old age , I've seen him get people like that on stage debag and slap their arse in full view of everyone .:D

And to prove Bubba's point , I see the setlist for this tour is made up of songs mainly from the new album and the first four albums and that's from a total of 17 studio albums. :Suspiciou

derek sti 08 March 2012 10:45 AM

:lol1:

Bubba po 08 March 2012 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by kbsub (Post 10517931)
Personally I thought Bubba's band was almost as good as his T Rex head :thumb:

That's quite a compliment, Kbsub.:thumb:

kbsub 08 March 2012 02:38 PM

Thought it was quite a band , the cover of "Sometimes " was ace !

Steve vRS 08 March 2012 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bubba po (Post 10523011)
Two pieces of factual information:

That band never "tried to copy them". No-one tried to look like the band or take on stupid corny fake names - it was purely for the music.

Even when I was in it, there was nothing in the set newer than 1980. Can you hazard a guess as to why that might be? :D

Am I missing something? Which band was BP in?

Steve

kbsub 08 March 2012 08:31 PM

Well this thread as just inspired me to listen to Rattus from start to finish ... Not a duff track on there and I don't tire of it even after 30 odd years listening to it .

kbsub 09 March 2012 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by Steve vRS (Post 10524256)
Am I missing something? Which band was BP in?

Steve

:thumb:

http://youtu.be/Ky9OcuWBJhg

Bubba po 09 March 2012 05:15 PM

I'm quite thin, there!

Rescue Dude 10 March 2012 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by kbsub (Post 10525014)

Sounds good Bubba po. :thumb: