ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   rapid headlamp response(sorted thanks guys) (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/926906-rapid-headlamp-response-sorted-thanks-guys.html)

wrxyz 28 February 2012 06:31 PM

rapid headlamp response(sorted thanks guys)

Hi all... in need of a rapid reply please:eek:

went to fit my nice led side light lamps and one of the lamps fell into the light!
I guess the easiest way to get it out is to take out the headlight, however I have no idea how to do this.
I think they are a morrette conversion, they are using Valeo lamps and are as per my avatar.

Assistance requested!!

Thanks for ant info anyone can give on this :thumb:

wrxyz 28 February 2012 06:32 PM

Sorry all... realised in my haste this post should be in the Lighting section!!

STEVEBOXER 28 February 2012 06:35 PM

Hi,this happened to me once and i used a telescopic magnet which stuck to the metal filament at the end of the bulb!

wrxyz 28 February 2012 06:41 PM

thanks for that mate, but its an led, and its a neat fit through the hole. couldnt feckin believe it!!

scoobynewbie72 28 February 2012 06:46 PM

can u get a finger thru, dab of super glue on the end of ur finger and press it on the bulb, jobs a fish.

wrxyz 28 February 2012 06:52 PM

Oh aye .... i can picture that.... next post - how to get a finger removed from a nearside headlight :D

Anyway i have found a thread on removing the standard lights so i will see if the morettes are the same.

thanks for the suggestions.

Modifications 28 February 2012 07:41 PM

its a very easy job buddy you will have to remove the grill and the grill side insert but should only take you about 10 minutes.

if you have the conversion then no inserts to revome

just take your time with the plastic clips on the grill :-)

Gigsy 28 February 2012 08:20 PM

Seconded, dead easy job requiring just a blade screw driver and 10mm socket

Modifications 28 February 2012 08:27 PM

yea unless the bolts or sized lol had that on my first bug :-) had to get the drill and taps out lol

wrxyz 28 February 2012 08:55 PM

Really appreciate your timely help gents !!
It was a case of unclipping the grill; taking the 3 screws out that hold on the 3 lamp surround, 2 - 10mm bolts in the front vertical; then one 8mm bolt (machine screw) in the top of the lamp unit next to the wing; then you can twist the lamp surround enough to get the last 8mm nut between the dipped beam lamp and the wing.

It was a pig to get the led out though, it had slipped between the reflector and the rear housing, and it was a 4 LED with resistor type, so was about the size of 1/4 an old razor blade (for those that can remember them :) )

But, job done and the LED's are very good.

Tea is on and all is well. thanks again for the help.

shaun.

Modifications 28 February 2012 09:12 PM

nice one Shaun glad you got it sorted

Gigsy 29 February 2012 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Modifications (Post 10510706)
yea unless the bolts or sized lol had that on my first bug :-) had to get the drill and taps out lol

Plus Gas ;o)

wrxyz 01 March 2012 06:57 AM

haven't heard of that for years!! I guess you still get it (in a blue tin!!)

Gigsy 01 March 2012 07:47 AM

Yep, and still about the only thing that actually works ;o)