ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   A 73 year old photo ..... revived (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/926201-a-73-year-old-photo-revived.html)

SkullFudge 23 February 2012 12:21 PM

A 73 year old photo ..... revived

This is the only photo that my Mum has of her as a child aged 10 (left) and her Sister (right) aged 8.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...dge/OldPic.jpg

Now scroll down

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...ge/MumMena.jpg

madmerlin 23 February 2012 12:23 PM

wow thats impressive m8, what software did you use ?

BLU 23 February 2012 12:43 PM

Woah, thats impressive. :thumb:

macmac 23 February 2012 12:48 PM

luvin your work as always and you got my vote in that other thing aswell !

Funkii Munkii 23 February 2012 12:53 PM

Wow, impressive :thumb:

Leslie 23 February 2012 02:19 PM

Nicely done!

Les

SirFozzalot 23 February 2012 03:20 PM

:notworthy Good work.

53 23 February 2012 04:04 PM

Very good bar the slight hair cut :)

Tony Harrington 23 February 2012 04:24 PM

Pic

That is miraculous!

Flyinspanner 23 February 2012 04:29 PM

Awww Bless, Bet she loves it! Well done.

SkullFudge 23 February 2012 05:52 PM

Thanks guys.

Merlin: I use Micrografix software. I have Photoshop% but very rarely use it.

53: ....... hair cut ??

Fly:.... she did like it. Nearly started crying as she had never seen a coloured photo of herself as a child.

53 23 February 2012 05:55 PM

You've edited it lol :) the left side of her hair was blacked out. :) you can see where you've added something back in :)

SkullFudge 23 February 2012 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by 53 (Post 10502120)
You've edited it lol :) the left side of her hair was blacked out. :) you can see where you've added something back in :)

I would check out Spec Saver matey ;)

53 23 February 2012 06:21 PM

Pmsl edit meister :p ;)

Lee247 23 February 2012 06:43 PM

That's amazing. :eek: Good work :)

Trout 23 February 2012 07:23 PM

Deeply impressive

Turbohot 23 February 2012 07:32 PM

Great effort. :cool:

The only thing I say is that your mum's face looks fuller in 1939 picture. However, I may be seeing the difference due to the background colour enhancement in the revived picture. it doesn't necessarily mean the difference that I point out really exists. Other than that, Specsavers did send me a check-up letter last week. :D

chrisowe 23 February 2012 07:39 PM

Excellent, well done.

SkullFudge 23 February 2012 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 10502430)
Great effort. :cool:

The only thing I say is that your mum's face looks fuller in 1939 picture. However, I may be seeing the difference due to the background colour enhancement in the revived picture. it doesn't necessarily mean the difference that I point out really exists. Other than that, Specsavers did send me a check-up letter last week. :D

LOL ...... When I zoomed in on the original picture there was very little that defined my Mothers face edges from the background. It was the same over the complete picture.

I had to rebuild my Aunts hands, re shadow most things including every one of those fluffy things on the dresses, then pretty much guess the colours.

It was a fookin nightmare to do as you need to throw yourself back in time to do a pic like that but worth every second watching the expression on my Mother's face when she first saw the finished image. I never told her I was going to do it.

You could spend 5 grand on a present for someone, but I never see reactions the same as when a person sees a framed image of something very personal or special to them.

Example: A good friend of mine was 16 when her Mum died young. She is now 38 and often still cries, one reason being she never had a nice photo of her and her Mum together.

I done a b/w picture of the both of them cheek to cheek with arms around each other, got a nice bit of glass & frame and wrapped it.

When she opened it she became extremely emotional, so did her husband and so did my wife !!!!!! ... and I was standing there trying my hardest to look sensible :lol1:

Turbohot 23 February 2012 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by SkullFudge (Post 10502780)
LOL ...... When I zoomed in on the original picture there was very little that defined my Mothers face edges from the background. It was the same over the complete picture.

I had to rebuild my Aunts hands, re shadow most things including every one of those fluffy things on the dresses, then pretty much guess the colours.

It was a fookin nightmare to do as you need to throw yourself back in time to do a pic like that but worth every second watching the expression on my Mother's face when she first saw the finished image. I never told her I was going to do it.

I can imagine, SkullFudge. What a brilliant way to make your mother happy. :thumb:

You could spend 5 grand on a present for someone, but I never see reactions the same as when a person sees a framed image of something very personal or special to them.
very true.

Example: A good friend of mine was 16 when her Mum died young. She is now 38 and often still cries, one reason being she never had a nice photo of her and her Mum together.

I done a b/w picture of the both of them cheek to cheek with arms around each other, got a nice bit of glass & frame and wrapped it.

When she opened it she became extremely emotional, so did her husband and so did my wife !!!!!! ... and I was standing there trying my hardest to look sensible :lol1:
That's very thoughtful of you. :)

I understand what you mean about old pictures. Looking at them is like going back in time.
I have my late father's tiny B&W picture from the early 60's during his work related training days. He wasn't even married, then. He handsomely sits at the foot of some hill in his hat and his uniform; with an ever friendly smile on his face. Its very precious to me. I only have one picture of myself and my older sister together when I was 4 and she was 6. It means a bit to me, because there is nothing around here that connects to, or reminds me of my childhood. I genuinely appreciate your effort on your mother's childhood picture.

SkullFudge 23 February 2012 10:38 PM

Thank you fella :)

Lee247 23 February 2012 10:43 PM

Turbohot is a wimmins :thumb: :)

Turbohot 23 February 2012 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Lee247 (Post 10502939)
Turbohot is a wimmins :thumb: :)

LOL Thanks, Lee. :D

SwissTony 24 February 2012 06:54 AM

Very impressive indeed.

I remember years ago, I had a picture of my mum at a wedding. She didnt like it that much until I whipped out photoshop and her voila, the wrinkles and laughter lines had gone and she was 20 years younger :lol1:

(must do the same on photos of myself soon :Suspiciou )

rickya 24 February 2012 07:48 AM

Amazing :)

P1 Daveyboy 24 February 2012 08:20 AM

I thought that was you Clive for one moment

Dave

SkullFudge 24 February 2012 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by P1 Daveyboy (Post 10503161)
I thought that was you Clive for one moment

Dave

Hey !!! that's enough of that buddy :)

ScoobyJawa 24 February 2012 10:51 AM

Nice job there mate - how long did it take you?

SkullFudge 24 February 2012 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by ScoobyJawa (Post 10503297)
Nice job there mate - how long did it take you?

4 hrs work

Mogsi 24 February 2012 02:17 PM

Nice work...

Very similar to this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti.../bit.ly/wf22xT