ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/)
-   -   renewal quote (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/925697-renewal-quote.html)

marcevs72 19 February 2012 11:15 AM

renewal quote

i have just recieved my renewel for my scooby and they want nearly £200 more even though have 11 years ncb.it has jumped up to nearly £700 fully comp.on the go compare site i can get the same insurance with the same company for £387 fully comp.question is can i let the policy run out (i have notified them i do not want to automatically renew).can i put car in garage for 24 hours after policy runs out and then get new poliicy with the company on-line to get the decent price???:wonder:

topman2180 20 February 2012 06:54 AM

I can be corrected on this one but my understanding is following a recent change in the law if you are a registered keeper of a vehicle it must be either insured or sorn. So you would have to sorn it for the period with the DVLA that it's not insured.

scoobynewbie72 20 February 2012 07:13 AM

why wait 24 hours ? just take out the online policy on the the day yours runs out.

marcevs72 20 February 2012 07:48 AM

was wanting to give it a clear 24 hours from policy ending before taking out with same company but on-line in case any small print in policy.cant believe i can get it half their renewal price just by getting it on-line.great customer service by them.seems insurance companies prey on the people that cant be bothered to do a search and just take the renewel quote.

marcevs72 20 February 2012 07:50 AM

and it would be garaged for a day so cant see the dvla etc even realising its not iinsured for 24 hours.

scoobynewbie72 20 February 2012 08:00 AM

They wont care, better to be covered then take a chance fella.

CREWJ 20 February 2012 08:04 AM

Have you actually asked for this price instead? They may fold.

marcevs72 20 February 2012 09:12 AM

they said no they wont match the price on a comparison site.they said price was a discounted one for new customers which is why i will leave it 24 hours before buying policy so they cant say im an existing customer.awful customer service.

sparkey67 20 February 2012 10:02 AM

if i remember rightley it doesnt matter if u r a customer already, if you take new online policy its a new customer policy

i had same think last year with house insurance & when i spoke to girl on phone saying i can get same policy on line cheaper than renewal quote , she said they cant match online qoutes !! but just take out online policy as new customer If its cheaper cant get much fairer than that !

i would b careful about having it with on insurance or being sorn as law has changed

marcevs72 20 February 2012 12:44 PM

the policy runs out at 5pm so will be getting new policy that evening so they ccant say im an existing customer.