ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   courier services (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/925670-courier-services.html)

djandyg 19 February 2012 12:08 AM

courier services

Iv bought something on ebay and for some reason the guy thinks it costs £30 to post, but is happy for me to arrange my own courier. can anyone recommend one to me that would pick it up and deliver?

500 19 February 2012 08:46 AM

I've used parcel monkey with success

Scooby Soon! 19 February 2012 08:59 AM

Size and weight?

RobsyUK 19 February 2012 09:07 AM

I used these in the past when I purchased a fishing boxfrom ebay. They were good and the driver was brilliant

http://www.myparceldelivery.com/?refId=002

Chip 19 February 2012 09:34 AM

Don't use TNT, I have had two parcels stolen by them in the past few weeks.

JonMc 19 February 2012 09:36 AM

I've just used interparcel to send something to the States and it was spot-on - collected on time and delivered quickly and safely:thumb:

David Lock 19 February 2012 10:33 AM

Interparcel

tony de wonderful 19 February 2012 11:23 AM

I was going to use DHL for somethings soon.

CrisPDuk 19 February 2012 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Chip (Post 10495047)
Don't use TNT, I have had two parcels stolen by them in the past few weeks.

I've had a TNT parcel go missing recently too :(

pacenote 19 February 2012 11:52 AM

I've used Parcel2go and they have been Ok

steve jackson 19 February 2012 04:05 PM

Parcelbroker.co.uk

Use them all the time .

Steve

LEUVEN 19 February 2012 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by djandyg (Post 10494882)
Iv bought something on ebay and for some reason the guy thinks it costs £30 to post, but is happy for me to arrange my own courier. can anyone recommend one to me that would pick it up and deliver?

What did it say in the delivery information on the ebay page?
If he advertised it as something else and is trying to charge differently then I'd get in touch with ebay and not pay it.

Fleetster 19 February 2012 06:51 PM

DONT use Yodel!!!! they are utterly useless and lie about deliveries!!

They lost a bed for us! i mean cmon how the fvck do you lose a bed FFS!!!

dnc 19 February 2012 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Fleetster (Post 10495768)
DONT use Yodel!!!! they are utterly useless and lie about deliveries!!

They lost a bed for us! i mean cmon how the fvck do you lose a bed FFS!!!

+ 10000000.............................

They are clueless. Am still awaiting a delivery from ebay which seems to be via yodel. They have left 2 cards although I asked them not to deliver after the first attempt and I would pick it up. Although they have twice tried to deliver a parcel to me, their call centre has no records of my parcel, my name or address :eek:. When I asked where my local depot was, they said the address was on the back of the card - er, nope! It them took them about ten minutes to tell me the nearest depot was in Warrington and a further 10 minutes to get the address for me - unbelievable.

I still have no clue what to do about it.:rolleyes:

Scooby Soon! 19 February 2012 07:14 PM

Yodel are Brilliant!

David Lock 19 February 2012 07:15 PM

Using Interparcel as with Parcel2Go gives you access to decent commercial rates offered by a host of actual couriers offering very slightly different services.

You get to choose and then deal with your selected company. I have usually used Fedex.

Note if you contact one of the main couriers directly for a one-off delivery you get stuffed on price. But don't ignore the Post Office for packets and "Small Packet Rate" for overseas for smaller stuff. dl

Fleetster 19 February 2012 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by dnc (Post 10495802)
+ 10000000.............................

They are clueless. Am still awaiting a delivery from ebay which seems to be via yodel. They have left 2 cards although I asked them not to deliver after the first attempt and I would pick it up. Although they have twice tried to deliver a parcel to me, their call centre has no records of my parcel, my name or address :eek:. When I asked where my local depot was, they said the address was on the back of the card - er, nope! It them took them about ten minutes to tell me the nearest depot was in Warrington and a further 10 minutes to get the address for me - unbelievable.

I still have no clue what to do about it.:rolleyes:

I feel your pain mate!
I will never use them again and also make sure that anything i buy is not sent via the useless cretins!
I wish i'd googled them before.... oh well you live and learn i guess.
at one point they actually turned up in the van with paper work but no bed :freak3:

Saalro 19 February 2012 07:27 PM

I have only used Parcel Monkey, were cheaper than Interparcel for me also. Booked it and they came and picked the parcel up as as when i arranged.
Very simple, put the acurate size and weight in and book it for a day good for you, i got them to pick it up from my work address.

What size/weight is it, after a certain size/weight the price will go up a bit.

I found when you get over 130cm in length it would go up a fair bit, they must have a certain volume and then the price goes up.

Thanks
Sam

Twin Fields 19 February 2012 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby Soon! (Post 10495825)
Yodel are Brilliant!

Say's Scooby Soon, the Yodel delivery driver! :D