ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Think I will move to the US (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/925374-think-i-will-move-to-the-us.html)

BLACK TURBO 16 February 2012 06:52 PM

Think I will move to the US

Just found this on fuel prices in the countries we Brits like to move too

http://www.byebyeblighty.com/1/petro...ountries-2012/

steve ex vauxhall 16 February 2012 06:55 PM

Why the fook do we have to pay so much, it's maddening :mad:

tubbytommy 16 February 2012 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by steve ex vauxhall (Post 10491072)
Why the fook do we have to pay so much, it's maddening :mad:

how do you think the government pays for the influx of eastern europeans and the jeremy kyle generation popping out kids at 16 and never working??

steve ex vauxhall 16 February 2012 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by tubbytommy (Post 10491074)
how do you think the government pays for the influx of eastern europeans and the jeremy kyle generation popping out kids at 16 and never working??

I'm not even gonna get started on immigrants and stuff like that, really winds me up:mad:
i have totally had enough of this entire country, or the way it's going anyway.
As soon as i win the lottery i'm off:thumb: lol

scooby595 16 February 2012 07:07 PM

I was in the US last month, only 4 days (meetings for work) and I didn't wanna come back. Was in Houston and everything was so much cheaper, o! And such a huge choice of V8's to drive.

I'm lucky enough to work from home, and really could live ANYWHERE in the world, only problem is........mthe Mrs, refuses point blank to move.

This country really stinks, and I can't stand living here, but........ But the devil you know maybe?

Glynmitch 16 February 2012 07:26 PM

I work in Saudi Arabia and petrol is less than 5p (yes, 5 pence) a litre. Oh, and women are not allowed to drive. The place is a s**t hole though :lol1:

steve ex vauxhall 16 February 2012 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Glynmitch (Post 10491130)
I work in Saudi Arabia and petrol is less than 5p (yes, 5 pence) a litre. Oh, and women are not allowed to drive. The place is a s**t hole though :lol1:

5P! ffs, i usually ask friends to bring duty free fags back from their holidays, any chance of some super unleaded fella:thumb:lol

Rez 16 February 2012 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by scooby595 (Post 10491094)
I was in the US last month, only 4 days (meetings for work) and I didn't wanna come back. Was in Houston and everything was so much cheaper, o! And such a huge choice of V8's to drive.

I'm lucky enough to work from home, and really could live ANYWHERE in the world, only problem is........mthe Mrs, refuses point blank to move.

This country really stinks, and I can't stand living here, but........ But the devil you know maybe?

Mate, the US is in a huge recession.. far worse than us..

Midlife...... 16 February 2012 07:56 PM

I looked at working in the states...............the healthcare and education system put me off !

Shaun

morandpeter 16 February 2012 08:22 PM

i worked with someone who came home after 9 years in the states. he paid $9k for the priveledge of his wife having a baby in hospital!!!
seriously if your moaning about the price of petrol go buy something that does 60mpg. dont get me wrong i hate the government but im happy that i can go see a doctor without having to pay.
having a 320bhp scoob as a daily driver.............priceless : )

KrisBuc 16 February 2012 09:19 PM

If I was shifting think I would aim for Australia

L3YMS 17 February 2012 10:58 AM

I heard a while back that the NHS costs at least £3000 per second to run. I am no tax expert but I reckon this must be the main reason why this country is so expensive to live in. I think someone said the annual spending worked out as about £1500 per person per year so I guess they have to recover that amount in tax from each person to make it work. Getting a greencard for the USA isn't a walk in the park either enless you are rich.

P1Fanatic 17 February 2012 01:03 PM

When we were travelling around NZ we stayed at a B&B with two yank couples whom we got talking to. All had decent jobs but were travelling north & south islands in 2 and a bit weeks which is madness. But they get so little holiday and they said people look at your like your a lepper when you take more than a week off at a time. They had wangled max 2 weeks off work and were just going to call up saying their flight had been cancelled so they could stay the extra 2-3 days (this was of course not true).

wrighty338 17 February 2012 01:14 PM

so like super unleaded in the states is half the price what we pay...wtf

Midlife...... 17 February 2012 01:25 PM

L3YMS

Have a look here at what the government spend is.......

http://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/ye...11bc1n#ukgs302

The 100 billion spends are on Pensions, welfare and health....... Hardly fair to blame health spending for the cost of living in the UK.

Actually if you had to pay for healthcare yourself it woukld work out a lot more expensive..... LOL

Shaun