ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   uk impreza 2000 imobiliser (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/924851-uk-impreza-2000-imobiliser.html)

welshwayne 12 February 2012 05:21 PM

uk impreza 2000 imobiliser

any one know if a uk impreza on a 99 plate, has an imobiliser in the key or is it just the sigma alarm, the car runs for 2 seconds then shuts off, so thinking could be some sort of imobiliser fault, pump primes no imobiliser light on dash either, its running an apexi ecu as well, so cant read faults via the black connectors

leecalcars 12 February 2012 06:18 PM

When the key is inserted in the ignition there is an inductance loop that the chip in the key pics up thus disabling the immobiliser.

welshwayne 12 February 2012 06:21 PM

if it wasn't pickin it up would she run for a couple of seconds?

joey_turbo 12 February 2012 11:45 PM

To answer tour original question: Yes there are two immobilsers. The one in the key and the sigma alarm. If the key is playing up, the flashing LEd on the binnacle, in the picture of a key, will flash, and allow it to run for a couple of seconds.
If the sigma was playing up, it wouldn't turn at all.

welshwayne 13 February 2012 09:29 AM

thats what it is doin running for a couple of seconds then dien, but no flash on the binnacle, had a auto electrician out to it an he couldn't access the ecu, would that be the case if the imobiliser in the key wasn't workin?

joey_turbo 13 February 2012 12:19 PM

In this case then, its more likely to be the fuel pump fuse. Seems to be happeneing on the year lately. Just search a few of the older threads.

welshwayne 13 February 2012 05:01 PM

i got the pump to run constant and it still does it, even started to chuck unburnt fuel out the exhaust, it run fine then just shut down when drivin an been doin this since

Gambit 13 February 2012 05:56 PM

on mine, UK MY99, the sigma immobiliser relay for the fuel pump started playing up, and i had to bypass this part of the immobiliser but i believe there are at least 1 (maybe 2) other relays related to the immobiliser which are equally as likely to play up.

welshwayne 13 February 2012 07:25 PM

all fuses are fine, i know one relay is by the drivers knee, were would the other be?

Gambit 13 February 2012 09:37 PM

Thats the actual wiring loom relays you are talking about. The sigma is wired into it all using ****e thin guage wiring, just take your lower dash off and see the wiring debacle that is your sigma 'dealer fitted' alarm

welshwayne 13 February 2012 09:45 PM

its a right pain fair play, its a mates scoob which i fitted a front mount, road tested it an after 2 mile it shut down an been the same since, checked everythin, even put the top mount back on an no change, checked every vacum pipe, every connection under the bonnet an every fuse, but it starts for 2 seconds an dies so thinkin imobiliser even thou the light on dash goes out an the sigma opens an closes doors lets fuel pump prime an even lets the starter turn, its like it wants to keep goin but the ecu is shuttin it down

Gambit 14 February 2012 09:59 AM

i assume you havent got a spare key?

welshwayne 14 February 2012 10:29 AM

yeah 2 keys an 3 fobs, its bein a right nightmare, could the ring or transponder have gone down? is the key coded to just them or the ecu aswell?

welshwayne 14 February 2012 02:54 PM

does any one know if the light on the binicle for the imobiliser(the one in the shape of a key) is suppose to come on an go off?!? or light up at all? theres no light on it lighting up what so ever even when you get in with the alarm going off, still doesnt light up

Gambit 14 February 2012 06:03 PM

it defo flashes on when you lock the car. ill check now as im leaving work as to what way it works when you unlock, put key in ignition etc then update this when i get home in 30mins

welshwayne 14 February 2012 06:05 PM

cheers mate

joey_turbo 14 February 2012 06:13 PM

Not heard of transponders in keys messing up, but what can happen if you have more than one different chipped key, from other cars etc, is then can interfere with each other, stopping them from working.
So if you do have other keys on you get them out of the way and give it a go.

welshwayne 14 February 2012 06:17 PM

the other key aint on the key ring so cant be that, does the the transponder just send a signal to the ecu? could the apexi have lost the information to turn the imobiliser off by any chance?

Gambit 14 February 2012 06:49 PM

ok with car locked both alarm LED & and dash key LED are flashing

unlock car using keyfob.
alarm LED turns solid on
dash key LED remains flashing

put key into ignition barrell and dash key LED stops flashing and is now off