ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   PPI Claim Back? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/923700-ppi-claim-back.html)

Razorwrx1 03 February 2012 10:28 PM

PPI Claim Back?

Anybody got money back from these Payment Protection Insurance Claims!

See/hear it all the time on Tv/Radio. Fancy trying our luck but there's so many Scammers out there who do you trust.

Wife rang one and they wanted money up front. Yeah Right:mad:

If you've had anything back who did you use and was they any good.

Could do with afew extra pennies:thumb:

Cheer's Guys/Girls.

500 03 February 2012 10:40 PM

Just speak to who you have had loans with, they will look into it and send you the ppi money back that you paid. It takes around 12 weeks.

Turbohot 03 February 2012 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by 500 (Post 10468516)
Just speak to who you have had loans with, they will look into it and send you the ppi money back that you paid. It takes around 12 weeks.

That's correct.

Barclays told me to lodge a complaint myself by going into the bank, and via one of the nice ladies on the desks (not counters). You don't need anyone to mediate, just go for it yourself. I haven't bothered, but I may do; providing I can snatch some time for myself within my working hours.

WRXBOB 04 February 2012 05:08 AM

Wife works for Lloyds banking group, and a customer just needs to notify them. They work it out for you, and even give you interest on it. Don't need to use a 3rd party company.

ScoobyDoo555 04 February 2012 07:00 AM

yup - NEVER use a 3rd party company.
It's quite a simple, albeit LONG process.

I'm currently at Stage 2 (with the Ombudsman), as most financial concerns reject your first attempt. They then have x amount of time to respond again before the Ombudsman gets involved.
Be warned that it takes a LONG time. Mine's been going on for about 8 months now - due to the Ombudsman being overwhelmed since the banks lost their court case.

But so far, VERY helpful.

We shall see what the outcome is :D

Dan

Gear Head 04 February 2012 07:04 AM

As above, just submit a complaint to the lender. Halifax actually told me about that I may had been miss-sold PPI on my old credit card with them about 5 years ago.

Got £230 back in the end after a 6 week wait.

Chip 04 February 2012 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Razorwrx1 (Post 10468495)

Fancy trying our luck .

Why are you trying your luck. Were you mis-sold PPI or not. You should know if were.

Gear Head 04 February 2012 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Chip (Post 10468723)
Why are you trying your luck. Were you mis-sold PPI or not. You should know if were.

Not the case and you know it. I'm not explaining what happened to me again.
All I will say is that, no, you can't always tell. That's my banks words, not mine! :thumb:

Chip 04 February 2012 08:19 AM

In your case I agree but the vast majority claiming are just trying it on.

#68 rb5 04 February 2012 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Razorwrx1 (Post 10468495)

See/hear it all the time on Tv/Radio. Fancy trying our luck but there's so many Scammers out there who do you trust.

Wife rang one and they wanted money up front. Yeah Right:mad:

If you've had anything back who did you use and was they any good.

Could do with afew extra pennies:thumb:

Cheer's Guys/Girls.

Use money health check. £3200 better off.:thumb:

alcazar 04 February 2012 11:15 AM

DEFINITELY do it yourself.
Got £550 for my wife and £700 for my youth...and yes, both WERE mis-sold!

Razorwrx1 04 February 2012 06:44 PM

Thanks guys. Me and the Mrs are gonna sit Down 2mrw and see how many Credit Cards and Loans We've had etc.

Thanks!

Chip 04 February 2012 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Razorwrx1 (Post 10469675)
Thanks guys. Me and the Mrs are gonna sit Down 2mrw and see how many Credit Cards and Loans We've had etc.

Thanks!

What, you don't actually know anyway, no wonder some people get into a mess financially.

Chip

Nimbus 04 February 2012 07:45 PM

What is classed as "miss sold "?

Razorwrx1 04 February 2012 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Chip (Post 10469792)
What, you don't actually know anyway, no wonder some people get into a mess financially.

Chip

Most people don't know. Who checks every single word on a document? I don't! As long as I'm paying the agreed amount that's good enough for me.

When your 18 you don't read the small print when it comes to loans and credit cards. Just Spend and Party On:norty:

We're not in a mess. The only Loan we have is the Mortgage!!!!!!! Everything else is paid by Cash:D

Chip 04 February 2012 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Razorwrx1 (Post 10469675)
Me and the Mrs are gonna sit Down 2mrw and see how many Credit Cards and Loans We've had etc.

I was only asking after you stated the above.

Lisawrx 04 February 2012 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Razorwrx1 (Post 10469825)
Most people don't know. Who checks every single word on a document? I don't! As long as I'm paying the agreed amount that's good enough for me.

When your 18 you don't read the small print when it comes to loans and credit cards. Just Spend and Party On:norty:

We're not in a mess. The only Loan we have is the Mortgage!!!!!!! Everything else is paid by Cash:D

I don't think he means whether you were mis-sold PPI or not. I think he is referring to you guys not knowing how many loans/CCs you've had.

Chip 04 February 2012 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Razorwrx1 (Post 10469825)
Most people don't know.

Yes they do.

Chip 04 February 2012 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Lisawrx (Post 10469858)
I don't think he means whether you were mis-sold PPI or not. I think he is referring to you guys not knowing how many loans/CCs you've had.

Thank you Lisa :thumb:

Lisawrx 04 February 2012 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Chip (Post 10469861)
Thank you Lisa :thumb:

:thumb:

LUCKO 05 February 2012 12:32 AM

what if the company isnt trading anymore (lombard direct)

scoobyboy1 05 February 2012 06:30 PM

Got mis-sold PPI on a loan in 2002(£5,000) and another 2004 (£10,000) and credit card insurance which are all paid off a year after they where took out, Was offered £3,000 from HSBC last week, All done by a claim company, To be honest I couldnt be bothered to do it all myself, and was happy for a claim company to do it for me, There cut from the £3,000 is a £1,000 so I am left with £2,000 which to be honest filling a couple of bits of paperwork out is not bad!!!

Ive heard you can do it yourself and there is a website which tells you what to send to your bank etc, But I havent got time to write to banks as im working all the time, so was prepared to pay for a company to do it.

I was only expecting £600-800!!!:D

speedymonkey 05 February 2012 06:45 PM

This might sound daft, but how do you recall the credit cards you once had???

I have several around 8/9 years ago, but haven't had a cc since.
After I had paid the balance and cancelled the card I shredded all the paper work, so have nothing to look back at :wonder:
I'm sure I had PPI on a few of them too :confused:

Jamz3k 05 February 2012 06:47 PM

The bankers seen you coming, then the claim company seen you coming by the looks of it. £1000 given away because you couldn't be bothered to fill in a few forms? shameful.

Scooby Jo 05 February 2012 07:02 PM

I have done it, very successfully through Belmont Thornton. No upfront fee btw. Sign up with equifax or similar, first month is free then you cancel. That will give you most of the information you need to fill some very simple forms in. Worth paying 25% to not have the hassle. Mine has paid for a holiday and a rew other bits :)

ScaldedCat 05 February 2012 10:13 PM

I went with a company called 'PPI'. It took a few months from start to finish, but I've had just over £9000 back now, so this will go towards decorating the hall and getting the RA back on the road!

joz8968 05 February 2012 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by UKSC (Post 10471962)
...but I've had just over £9000 back now...

...And you 'say' that so nonchalantly! :eek:

Result or what?!

dirtybarry 25 February 2012 03:08 PM

nothing. think evey man and his dog is trying to cash in on it

Turbohot 25 February 2012 03:16 PM

My bank has given back to me £1000 for simply lodging a complaint myself. I need to check if I am owed more. I swear I will get every penny back off them. Effing Rip offs. :mad:

joz8968 25 February 2012 03:19 PM

If it was mis-sold, then it's not "cashing in".

It's simply getting back the ill gotten gains from a (then) unregulated and poisonous banking sector. Nothing wrong/immoral in that. The victims aren't the guilty party.