ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Speed camaras in Scotland (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/923462-speed-camaras-in-scotland.html)

c1oky 02 February 2012 04:09 AM

Speed camaras in Scotland

Morning chaps and lady's I was driving back from Aberdeen going south bound for sunderland and I got flashed by 3 different speed camaras :$ But the camaras was on the other side of the road and flashed the front of the car ???? I was told Scotland hasn't got forward facing cams ? Or am I fooked hahahaha

blackhawk56 02 February 2012 05:11 AM

na mate your fine cant do a thing if it gets you from the front ive set a few off lol

Dave Y 02 February 2012 06:36 AM

i set them off in my truck havent heard a thing

SiPie 02 February 2012 06:43 AM

You'll be ok but do remember that even up here 'cameras' are spelt the same as across the border ;)

Ciaran 02 February 2012 08:50 AM

Your fine mate. They go off on the other carriageway quite alot

andy97 02 February 2012 09:02 AM

Remember the law is different in Scotland, so if you do receive a nip/S172 there is the option of still going un-signed:idea:

See pepipoo.com for necessary info of the defence

:thumb:

Andy

jono300 02 February 2012 09:41 AM

You set off three cameras not knowing if they could earn you three points a time or not ?? - 3 x3 = 9 points could potentialy have been a costly trip !!

you manage to slow down for the ones on your side off the road okay ??!!

40 mpg average speed cameras on the m90 heading both ways from Forth road bridge you slow down for these okay ??!!

andy97 02 February 2012 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by jono300 (Post 10465559)
You set off three cameras not knowing if they could earn you three points a time or not ?? - 3 x3 = 9 points could potentialy have been a costly trip !!

40 mpg average speed cameras on the m90 heading both ways from Forth road bridge you slow down for these okay ??!!

If they are on the same journey and stretch of road, you can ask the magistrate to group them together as one offence. Well worth a solicitor if you are facing 9 points

LEO-RS 02 February 2012 11:05 AM

The A90 down from Aberdeen to Dundee is a nightmare for speed cameras, I think 7-8 or so in the 70m down to Dundee.

They are definitely not forward facing, I drive the road everyday. You were probably seeing the flashes of the unlucky buggers that got caught on the other side of the road.

Leslie 02 February 2012 11:32 AM

The cameras are only calibrated to record speeds of vehicles from the rear. The camera should not operate when facing you and you have grounds to complain to the police for unsafe cameras flashing in your face.

You certainly dont have to worry about any speeding fines from them anyway. If they were so stupid to try it on, you can ask for the pictures which will kill their case immediately.

Les

c1oky 02 February 2012 08:36 PM

Thank for the info chaps :)

pimmo2000 02 February 2012 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by jono300 (Post 10465559)

Wow how strict is that.. Do any scooby get 40mpg :)

Dave Y 02 February 2012 08:44 PM

by carlisle airport today a yellow/orange van was hiding in a layby in front of a parked artic.went by doing approx 43/44 should have been 40 how long will i have to wait till i know my fate?

Mouser 03 February 2012 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by c1oky (Post 10465420)
Morning chaps and lady's I was driving back from Aberdeen going south bound for sunderland and I got flashed by 3 different speed camaras :$ But the camaras was on the other side of the road and flashed the front of the car ???? I was told Scotland hasn't got forward facing cams ? Or am I fooked hahahaha

The cameras will determine if you are English or not and deal with you accordingly.:)

mikeblackett 14 November 2015 12:09 PM

Lol, last month I took a trip home to Teesside I got nailed by a forward facing camera never heard anything back, it's just the stretch where the average speed restriction is where you have to be careful on your way to the north east, the Aberdeen to Dundee road certainly has a fair amount of cameras but at least you don't have to worry about getting nabbed from the other side of the road

Norman Dog 14 November 2015 07:26 PM

I remember doing this on the A1 going to Edinburgh, had the TomTom on to warn me of any cameras, so nearly died when I set one off on the opposite side of the carriageway. :eek:

Apparently, it's quite common. Don't worry, you won't hear anything. :thumb:

GlesgaKiss 14 November 2015 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by LEO-RS (Post 10465668)
The A90 down from Aberdeen to Dundee is a nightmare for speed cameras, I think 7-8 or so in the 70m down to Dundee.

They are definitely not forward facing, I drive the road everyday. You were probably seeing the flashes of the unlucky buggers that got caught on the other side of the road.

That's what he was talking about. Sometimes you can set off the ones on the other side of the road but nothing happens.

On another note I'm currently awaiting my first 3 points in 11 years of driving. Flashed on London Road in Glasgow. :( What's the deal with the 2 week rule? It was 2 weeks on Friday, so presumably it should come this week or not at all?

scunnered 15 November 2015 12:49 AM

If they were GATSO camera's, your fine. They are rear facing only.
However if they were TRUVELO camera's they can be either rear or forward facing.
You'll know for sure within 14 days. After that nothing will happen.

pimmo2000 15 November 2015 09:10 AM

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...ade46d51e9.jpg

njkmrs 15 November 2015 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Y (Post 10466638)
by carlisle airport today a yellow/orange van was hiding in a layby in front of a parked artic.went by doing approx 43/44 should have been 40 how long will i have to wait till i know my fate?

Think your allowed +10% and 2mph so 46mph and above gets you in trouble on a 40mph road if im correct.
:luxhello::luxhello::luxhello: