ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Stolen this morning - Sheffield - Seat Leon Cupra (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/922540-stolen-this-morning-sheffield-seat-leon-cupra.html)

gazza-uk 26 January 2012 07:37 PM

Stolen this morning - Sheffield - Seat Leon Cupra

2 Attachment(s)
My mate had his house broken into last night for the keys to his 6 day old Cupra, the car had less than 400 on the clock, can you keep an eye out for it please

Stolen from Handsworth, Sheffield.

REG ND61 VRJ

ta.

Ant 26 January 2012 08:00 PM

the w@nkers

jono300 26 January 2012 11:19 PM

What a start to the new ownership off a car mate, 6 days old ?? must be gutted and will certainly not be wanting it back now that its been run in for him !!

sad news mate. keep us informed off any updates if you will.

Cammy5106 26 January 2012 11:29 PM

Bet hes gutted hope they catch the scumbags

Paulo P 27 January 2012 01:12 AM

6 days old FFS! That's nasty for your mate and I hope he gets a good result but that's proper nasty for him :(

Bugatti 27 January 2012 02:44 AM

Bad news, but if that new for old replacement policy still applies to cars less than 12 months old, then it may be better the car doesn't turn up.

Jamescsti 27 January 2012 07:36 AM

Agreed I don't think I would want it back. Very bad news though.
I doubt it has that registration anymore.

kingofturds 27 January 2012 07:49 AM

I think I would rather the police found it burnt out with the thieves smouldering corpses still inside if that was my car.

CEL 27 January 2012 08:35 AM

I'm at the other end of Sheffield to where it was stolen but will definitely keep my eyes peeled

fivetide 27 January 2012 10:25 AM

If I was in Sheffield and my car had been nicked, I'd grab some mates and have a slow drive round the Manor estate....

5t.

SamUK 27 January 2012 10:35 AM

Sorry to hear that! my mates X5 was stolen a month back the same way..

i now sleep with my car keys under the pillow and a baseball bat under the bed..

LEO-RS 27 January 2012 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by SamUK (Post 10454589)
Sorry to hear that! my mates X5 was stolen a month back the same way..

i now sleep with my car keys under the pillow and a baseball bat under the bed..

That's a bit silly isn't it? Probably the worst thing you can do actually:cuckoo:

I sleep with my wife. Kids are in the bedrooms next door. Keys are left by the door on the stairs in full view of anyone that enters the house. If a thief wants my car where he is going to break into my home to get it, he can bloody well have the thing as that's what I pay insurance for. I dont want the thief coming up my stairs and walking into our bedrooms wielding a massive machete or a pointing gun. I would want him to grab the keys on the stairs and make a quick exit.

I wouldnt be fussed at all as it would work out in my best interests if the car was pinched. I would beat car depreciation with the car insurance payout and GAP protection for a brand spanking new car.

You dont seriously sleep with your car keys under your pillow do you:Suspiciou

urban 27 January 2012 01:03 PM

Indeed - leave the keys downstairs
Last thing you want is to be woken up by some ballbag carrying a bat or knive demanding your keys

Myles 27 January 2012 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by LEO-RS (Post 10454775)
That's a bit silly isn't it? Probably the worst thing you can do actually:cuckoo:

Yeah, they'll dig into your head when you are asleep, and more importantly really confuse the Tooth Fairy!

Seriously though, no car is worth yours or you loved ones lives.

Leslie 27 January 2012 01:39 PM

Very sorry for him. Hope he gets it back in good condition.

Les

GazTheHat 27 January 2012 03:05 PM

That's a p!sser. Cracking car too.