ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Paying money into somebodies account via your account (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/922530-paying-money-into-somebodies-account-via-your-account.html)

The Rig 26 January 2012 06:36 PM

Paying money into somebodies account via your account

Somebody is paying money into my account VIA their bank,so he has gone into his bank with the cash or using the funds in their bank with my sort code/acc. no to be credited

How long does it take to show ?

ive been told by that person, the bank said after 12pm today (midnight)

my bank said it should show up instantly, but he may not of got the jist the other party was paying cash into their account using my sort code etc

so ? LOL

cheers

-shane- 26 January 2012 06:37 PM

If he is doing a bank transfer it should be instant unless he is putting a certain date

The Rig 26 January 2012 06:39 PM

Thats what i thought

it was after 3.30 he reckons

think its bullsh1t and he`s delaying as usual,all i get back its done and the bank said after 12pm tonight

Midlife...... 26 January 2012 07:14 PM

I thought TT/CHAPS was almost instantaneous and essentially guaranteed, although I think TT costs about 25 quid !

BACS I think takes about 3 days

Shaun

davegtt 26 January 2012 07:33 PM

Think it depends on Banks, Ive transfered from Yorkshire to Natwest and vice versa and it shows after half hour. Other banks dont show for 24 hours which I find strange.

phil1981 26 January 2012 07:44 PM

i have transfered to somebody once and it should up instantly, another time to the same guy it took 3 days

-shane- 26 January 2012 07:57 PM

I often transfer between Barclays to HSBC and l tsb and the other way round all in acount within mins

dpb 26 January 2012 08:08 PM

Well iv just transferred 45k from building soc to linked account via chaps and its going to have taken several days

davegtt 26 January 2012 08:09 PM

Building Society is a different kettle of fish.

PaulC72 26 January 2012 08:14 PM

CHAPS is a same day payment system

If cash has been paid into your account it could take a day or 2 to show if it was transferred from another bank to your if BACS was used that it would take 3 days to show although the bank could tell you if it will be received after 2 days as the reports are produced a day in arrears or payments (if you get what I mean)

If he transferred direct from his bank account (and it was a main bank) then usually Faster Payment is used which can take a few hours to show or a few minutes it has also been know to take a few days too.

The Rig 26 January 2012 08:18 PM

cheers guys, so we have a bit of a hit and miss yes/no, some do some dont, i`ll have to reluctantly wait the time before i visit Him as he`s had all the chances/excuses i am prepared to accept.

cheers

billythekid 26 January 2012 08:36 PM

Best case tomorrow, worst Monday.

Banking seems slow this week. I did a tx on Monday at 1630 and it only arrived today, usually its 2 days max, but most days its same day tbh.

Account deleted by request 26 January 2012 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by The Rig (Post 10453827)
i'll have to reluctantly wait the time before i visit Him as he`s had all the chances/excuses i am prepared to accept.

cheers

Uh oh keyboard warrior aleart :eek:

Chop

Ps - as SN has proven over the years any Keyboard warrior is more likely to be max moseley than hulk hogan.

The Rig 26 January 2012 10:19 PM

Ah,but luckily its non forum related so forum rules dont apply.

Dave Y 27 January 2012 06:41 AM

i am with lloyds whenever i transfer money to A n other i get told in the same phone call that it has gone.

BlkKnight 27 January 2012 10:59 AM

It all depends if their bank supports "FastPay".

If it does it's instant - otherwise 3-4 working days.

The Government is trying to get all banks to support it

Evolution Stu 27 January 2012 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by BlkKnight (Post 10454632)
It all depends if their bank supports "FastPay".

Correct.

dpb 27 January 2012 12:58 PM

Ah yes Santander does cos i did a transaction there last week

scud8 27 January 2012 01:11 PM

See http://www.ukpayments.org.uk/faster_.../value_limits/ for details of which banks support faster payments and what the limits are. Did the chap pay the cash into his own account at his bank and then transfer to you, or did he just pay directly into your account but at his bank? If the latter then I don't know whether that will qualify for faster payment system even if both banks support it.

The Rig 27 January 2012 03:51 PM

well,the 1st bumph he told me was indeed a lie, i received no payment this morning (the it will be after 12pm mate bit)

After some persuation (sp) he has now paid and it was instant,cash in his local bank (same branch as me)

cheers all