ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   were can i purchase and fitted an autronic ecu from (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/921439-were-can-i-purchase-and-fitted-an-autronic-ecu-from.html)

craigz83 18 January 2012 11:10 PM

were can i purchase and fitted an autronic ecu from

hi i own a my00 uk turbo and want to have it remapped my mate tells me autronics ecu's are good but can't find anywere that sell them or is there other options cause i want anti lag and launch control any advice out there?

joz8968 18 January 2012 11:15 PM

Zen used to to sell them I think. They may still do...............

leecalcars 18 January 2012 11:16 PM

Had a myoo and had the simtek fitted just another option no maf,can have mapped in al and lc

craigz83 18 January 2012 11:33 PM

any price guilds just spent a fortune on fmic, exhaust system, 40mm race rad,fuel pump,hks air filter,hks ssqv,plugs and leads,stage 1 clutch and lightened flywheel so have £700 left from budget but could maybe stretch to £800

Dutch Scooby lover 18 January 2012 11:56 PM

Simply put the Autronic is very good, but it is getting a bit long in the tooth.
A Simtek (2nd hand) can be found within your budget, and is probably the ECU to go for in your budget.Not only is it newer technology., but also more mappers advertise as able to map Simtek as opposed to Autronic.

LegacySTi 19 January 2012 01:13 AM

Have a autronic sm2 for sale for 99/00

TonyBurns 19 January 2012 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by craigz83 (Post 10439217)
hi i own a my00 uk turbo and want to have it remapped my mate tells me autronics ecu's are good but can't find anywere that sell them or is there other options cause i want anti lag and launch control any advice out there?

Originally Posted by craigz83 (Post 10439264)
any price guilds just spent a fortune on fmic, exhaust system, 40mm race rad,fuel pump,hks air filter,hks ssqv,plugs and leads,stage 1 clutch and lightened flywheel so have £700 left from budget but could maybe stretch to £800

Well sorry craig but im about to tell you how much money you have just wasted :lol1::(
What are you doing? :confused:
40mm race rad :cuckoo: your better off with an ebay special which are all alloy ;)
FMIC, well you have not replaced your turbo by what you have said above, so you are still running a td04 then? fmic at this level is a waste of money.
Exhaust, good move as long as its not an ebay cheap and cheerful one ;)
Fuel pump is also a good move.
Crappy dump valve, they really dont do anything....
Plugs and leads, which plugs and which leads? was there an issue with the originals??
Stage 1 clutch and lightened flywheel... also depends on which clutch you have but a "stage 1" normally is no better than the standard item.

Anti lag... your pops and bangs can be added with a basic remap on the standard ecu, its not full on anti lag, then again that would eat your engine for lunch :lol1: and launch control, well say goodbye to your gearbox, again not a great idea.

For the stage of tuning that you seem to be at, it would have been a recommendation for an exhaust, fuel pump, brake upgrade, dry panel filter and remap as that would be all you would have needed ;) (and replace the maf just to be on the safe side)

Tony:)

craigz83 21 January 2012 10:50 PM

hi i forgot to mention i also bought a td06 turbo of my mate pretty much brand new. my mate swears by ecutek does anyone recommend this product or no anyone local near hull who can remapp my car