ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Smoking (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/921245-smoking.html)

urban 17 January 2012 05:33 PM

Smoking

Anybody quit since its a new year?

Trippie 17 January 2012 05:37 PM

i gave up 4 years ago after smoking for 30 years, no problems,
my 18 year old son is going on holiday in december so
i offered him £500 spending money if he quits this week,
he said yes :luxhello: lets see how it goes eh.:)

abbott 17 January 2012 05:53 PM

No way i love smoking , makes me look and smell amazing !

Jamescsti 17 January 2012 05:56 PM

Smokers look really cool, wish I smoked.

ScoobySteve69 17 January 2012 06:04 PM

I was never stupid enough to start :nono:

acstua 17 January 2012 06:52 PM

same as SCoobySteve69, and my dads Encouragement of kicking my arse if i ever start did help heh

mate at work has stopped since new years, so far hes managed to stay "clean" heh

99jdee 17 January 2012 07:38 PM

nah i still smoke like a trooper lol... *coughs* lol

RobsyUK 17 January 2012 07:40 PM

I loved smoking but glad i gave up.. I went to the doctors about it and he told me to slow down and use a lube... win win for both me n the misses :)

EddScott 17 January 2012 07:45 PM

LOLz

I don't smoke very much so I see it more of a treat after a long day with a Southern and Coke. A pack of 20 lasts a good week or so. Sometimes I go for days without having one.

I could probably give up but I do like having the odd one now and again.

skoobidude 17 January 2012 07:54 PM

I smoke a fat cegar every month or so. Not addicted, I just like the odd one. There are one or two smoking pubs not that far away either. Proper old school. :thumb:
They should never have banned it from pubs, but given opportunity for establishments to have smoking rooms IMO
Family pubs out, smoking back please!

Will 17 January 2012 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by RobsyUK (Post 10436919)
I loved smoking but glad i gave up.. I went to the doctors about it and he told me to slow down and use a lube... win win for both me n the misses :)

So you stick them up your ass?

:D

Simon C 17 January 2012 08:47 PM

Got rid of the cravings with no problem, but try as I might I can't get rid of the mental side of things. I'll not have 1 for 5 days then be distracted and end up buying a pack. I suppose on the upside, I now buy Silk cut when I do.

I've proved to myself I don't need them, or even like them, just wish I could get rid of the mental block.

Still, i have 5 left and I will make a concerted effort never to buy any more.

scoobiepaul 17 January 2012 09:16 PM

7 1/2 years since I had a fag, still fancy one now and then.Think of the positives not the negatives. Everytime I see my Grandaughter it re-enforces my reason to quit. I cracked it with patches and willpower and have used the 7k not spent on tobacco on things that are more important.

Luan Pra bang 17 January 2012 09:23 PM

I stopped a few months ago, I still have the odd one on a night out or after a really stressful round of golf but in general fine without them. When I quit I found the first three days were tough but if you can do that you can do anything, just remember not to drink to start with as that is what makes people start up again.

jef 17 January 2012 10:21 PM

ive had on/off relationships with cigarette for years,

even after nearly 4 years off, i still crave them very badly at times.

have crafty occassional one when out drinking.

really just wished to god id never started in first place, its fcking minging!!

SiPie 17 January 2012 11:03 PM

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/0141...6840739&sr=8-1

There's a reason why so many people give this book a 5 star rating. Not only does it make it so much easier to stop, but you also know you'll never need or want to smoke again.

Anyway, different things work for different people, but I'd tried lozenges, inhalators, gum, patches, willpower, hypnotherapy without any success until I read the book. Yup, I thought "how can a book help, after I've tried so many ways to quit" (heavy smoker for 22 years).

7 years without a cigarette come April 9th and the thought of a cigarette hardly ever crosses my mind.

If you have read the book and it didn't work for you, then read it again as something obviously didn't sink in.

End of broken record :D

Leslie 19 January 2012 01:59 PM

I smoked for quite some time but managed to kick it 15 years ago. The money I saved was amazing and I am very lucky in that I actively could not stand the idea of smoking one any more.

Les