ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   Derek Slack Subaru Middlesbrough - servicing? (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/920996-derek-slack-subaru-middlesbrough-servicing.html)

lordretsudo 15 January 2012 10:21 PM

Derek Slack Subaru Middlesbrough - servicing?

I have taken my 2005 STI to S G Petch in Richmond for the last few years, but am thinking about going to this dealer in Middlesbrough for the 7 year service as it's basically just an oil & filter change and Middlesbrough is a lot closer for me.

Has anyone tried them? Any comments? The Subaru dealer in Middlesbrough was previously Jennings and they didn't seem to have much of a clue, which was why I ended up using S G Petch Richmond.

Andy_G_555 21 January 2012 10:41 PM

I bought a 53 plate wrx from there just before christmas, they seem to be very good so far had a couple of issues with the car and they can't do enough to help and get it sorted.

Seahound007 03 January 2013 10:39 PM

Derek Slack

I've used them & they are great.
The Subaru mechanic there has twice won the trophy for top Subaru technician in the UK.

DannyM 04 January 2013 01:18 AM

Never had work done by them but I've used them for parts which they've always had available and reasonably priced.

charvi 06 January 2013 06:55 PM

I too have only used them for parts and found them to be spot on, you not considered doing it yourself?

ByByR1 08 January 2013 08:32 PM

I took my tribeca to them when management light came on, it was less than 3 years old so thought was covered under warranty but they charged me 80 quid to put diagnostics on it. They diagnosed faulty cats at a cost of 4500 to replace. I changed the air filter and put some injectior clean through the petrol and bought am obd reader off ebay to turn light off for second time before i done the above as the light came straight back on on way home. I think most garages just use machines and do no investing as the air filter and cleaner done the trick. Ok for an oil and filter change and to keep the book stamped, but that's about it for me.

lordharding 08 January 2013 08:42 PM

Have a drive over to Carlisle and see Rob at Stan palmers

Job will be done right at a good price and wander around Carlisle for a day

Alan at AS performance at birtley is great too and I have used him woth many others for years

Sportscar700 11 April 2013 08:43 PM

Going through trading standards SG petch middles borough

Bought three yr old Hyundai coupe and it has a five yr warranty. Had car two days and found broken parts on sunroof that had been glued together.rendering sunroof useless. Contacted them under warranty but they said not interested bye.!
Contacted head office Hyundai. And sg petch middlesborough mended sunroof in 2010 when car was only a yr old under warranty previously for previous owner. !
I wonder if they looked closely and saw the bad bodge glue repair...!
I'm going through trading standards at present....had car two weeks.
Thinking of demanding full refund if they won't fix...
I'm heartbroken I'm being treated like this when I borrowed so much money to buy the car they said was in lovely condition with only a couple of stonechips.!! Not a broken sunroof.!:(