ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Tein/prodrive springs (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/920305-tein-prodrive-springs.html)

hoyty 10 January 2012 10:42 PM

Tein/prodrive springs

As above on a blob with front splitter are there any Clearence issues over speed bumps etc or going up steep drives only asking because of the long nose in front of the wheels
Cheers in advance

Berks-Jack 10 January 2012 10:54 PM

I've recently put prodrive springs on my blob wrx and haven't had any issues with ground clearance. I haven't got a splitter though so I'm not sure how much more that lowers the clearance of your front bumper? The prodrive springs have dropped it around an inch.

hoyty 11 January 2012 12:16 AM

Thanks if it's Round an inch should be ok I think the splitter lowers it about inch and a half

iandc 11 January 2012 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by hoyty (Post 10424350)
As above on a blob with front splitter are there any Clearence issues over speed bumps etc or going up steep drives only asking because of the long nose in front of the wheels
Cheers in advance

I've got prodrive springs on my blobeye & a ht autos splitter,
hav'nt had any clearance issues so far (splitter fitted in april).
Will measure front clearance tomorrow & post up.

Ginola 11 January 2012 09:26 AM

cant tell you about tein springs, but Tein coilovers at the recomended hights with a front splitter gives you 3.5" of ground clearance at the front, belive it or not this is enough for most speed bumps, just mind those multi story car parks, rubber ramps in sainsburys and entraces to small roads where the camber of the road dips alot!!! "wince"

hoyty 11 January 2012 11:58 AM

just mind those multi story car parks, rubber ramps in sainsburys and entraces to small roads where the camber of the road dips alot!!! "wince"[/QUOTE]

Know what ya mean been there and ripped that in previous cars
Thanks guys I'll be in the market for some springs soon gotta fill those arches some how

iandc 11 January 2012 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by iandc (Post 10424544)
I've got prodrive springs on my blobeye & a ht autos splitter,
hav'nt had any clearance issues so far (splitter fitted in april).
Will measure front clearance tomorrow & post up.

depth of my ht autos splitter is 5cm.
Clearance from ground to bottom of splitter is 13.5cm.

Ryan@Indigo-GT 11 January 2012 05:37 PM

The Tein springs lower the Blobeye by 35mm at the front and 25mm at the rear, we currently have them on offer at £160 including VAT and mainland UK delivery. There's a new delivery coming in next week too :)

cuprajake 11 January 2012 05:50 PM

what do they ride like?

Ryan@Indigo-GT 11 January 2012 05:57 PM

I ran them on my Type R for just over three years, I'd say they're slightly firmer than Eibach (who we're also a dealer for) but not as firm as coilovers.

cuprajake 11 January 2012 06:30 PM

Bouncy?

tubbytommy 11 January 2012 07:53 PM

the splitter on a blob i used to have used to catch the ground on a standard springs.
the overhang is the issue not the rideheight

bob r 11 January 2012 11:32 PM

I had Teins on MY Bugeye and Blobeye. With the HT Autos splitter on, it did catch slightly when pulling onto my driveway but it was worth it. The combination of Teins/Splitter looked spot on.
Teins drive fine. Nothing negative to say about them at all.