ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   Chris Foy (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/919870-chris-foy.html)

CrisPDuk 08 January 2012 01:35 PM

Chris Foy

hat are the chances of Ferguson acknowledging the contribution of his latest signing at the end of the game :lol1:

How can the FA expect to be taken seriously when they allocate an official with proven ineptitude to a game of this magnitude :cuckoo:

Myles 08 January 2012 01:43 PM

He is just not very good, is he?

FlightMan 08 January 2012 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk (Post 10418759)
hat are the chances of Ferguson acknowledging the contribution of his latest signing at the end of the game :lol1:

How can the FA expect to be taken seriously when they allocate an official with proven ineptitude to a game of this magnitude :cuckoo:

He's had a good game so far.

Ant 08 January 2012 02:07 PM

Shocking decision , ruined what could be a brilliant game

Account deleted by request 08 January 2012 02:40 PM

If a player goes in two footed challenge like that they run the risk of being sent off, they know that and he choose to do it. After a couple of replays it is clear to us that ok it is low and he didnt catch Nani, however the ref only gets to see it once in real time. There are worse decisions than that made all the time.

Bottom line he went in two footed off his feet, never a clever move.

Chop

jamesclark 08 January 2012 02:51 PM

even me being a spurs fan that was never a sending off not even a yellow card what planet are you on
ITS A MANS GAME I THOUGHT

cuprajake 08 January 2012 03:28 PM

as a united fan even i dont think it was a red, yellow maybe, as he got the ball. but do we need to see a player down with a broken leg before he gets a red card,,,,

the annoying thing was he didnt give a clear penelty at the other end, eole say its evening it up, but it should be done to the rules of the game, not 'oh i sent some one off wrongly' so i wont give them a scoring chance.

Myles 08 January 2012 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by cuprajake (Post 10418913)
as a united fan even i dont think it was a red, yellow maybe, as he got the ball. but do we need to see a player down with a broken leg before he gets a red card,,,,

the annoying thing was he didnt give a clear penelty at the other end, eole say its evening it up, but it should be done to the rules of the game, not 'oh i sent some one off wrongly' so i wont give them a scoring chance.

You are as bad as Platini. Shall we outlaw the tackle in case legs are broken?

hutton_d 08 January 2012 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by chopper. (Post 10418853)
If a player goes in two footed challenge like that they run the risk of being sent off, they know that and he choose to do it. After a couple of replays it is clear to us that ok it is low and he didnt catch Nani, however the ref only gets to see it once in real time. There are worse decisions than that made all the time.

Bottom line he went in two footed off his feet, never a clever move. ...

Slow motion allows us to see how bad things were. As was said though, the ref doesn't have that luxury, he just sees it the once and at full speed.

To be honest, where does this two footed challenge come from? It's been a while since I played but I can't for the life of me remember ever even contemplating a two-footed challenge. The idea is to tackle the player to get the ball and be able to take the ball away from said tackle. You go in two-footed and end up on your ar5e! Mind you, I never would have thought of diving in the area either, no matter what the circumstances. The idea is to get the ball in the net, so if you go over you're looking to get up and get the ball as quickly as possible.

Guess I wouldn't last too long in the game today .... :Suspiciou

Dave

richie001 08 January 2012 04:00 PM

The rules have changed,You can not tackle two footed,even if you win the ball.

cuprajake 08 January 2012 04:10 PM

not really cant stand the big wigs who control everything,

but you really dont need two feet to make a sliding tackle.

STEVEBOXER 08 January 2012 04:22 PM

Spoilt the game, ref should be banned for 3 games too!

Myles 08 January 2012 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by cuprajake (Post 10418967)
not really cant stand the big wigs who control everything,

but you really dont need two feet to make a sliding tackle.

If Kompany had tucked his trailing leg behind him, much like a hurdler, the tackle would have been perfect.

Boro 08 January 2012 04:35 PM

I'm impartial, don't even watch footy normally, but I thought the ref made a bad decision and really took his time thinking about it too. Maybe swayed by Rooney's protest. I noticed the guy who had the ball taken away from him didnt seem to complain at all.

ScoobySteve69 08 January 2012 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by chopper. (Post 10418853)
the ref only gets to see it once in real time.

There are worse decisions than that made all the time.

Chop

Why not use video refs like in rugby then? The technology is there but they refuse to use it.

You`re right, there are worse decisions made, like not penalising that w@nker Giggs for his similar tackle a little later but from behind :cuckoo:

Oh and ref. other quote, Rooney is a crying pr1ck anyway :hjtwofing

CREWJ 08 January 2012 05:06 PM

2 footed challenge so it's a straight red. Nani is lucky that he didn't get injured.

I agree, Giggs should have been booked for sure and there were 2 clear penalties not given.

hutton_d 08 January 2012 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by cuprajake (Post 10418967)
... but you really dont need two feet to make a sliding tackle.

Used to have a teammate when we played at uni who would start a slide tackle from about 15 yards away. You could see him coming but he always got the ball. Never two-footed either.

Originally Posted by Boro (Post 10419018)
... I noticed the guy who had the ball taken away from him didnt seem to complain at all.

I've only just seen it on the ITV replay after the Sunderland match and it just looked like Evra managed to jump out of it, which is the sensible thing to do if you you don't want to get a broken leg. Doesn't mean the tackle was any less bad though.

Dave

mrmadcap 08 January 2012 06:08 PM

Kompany was to overconfident that City would walk over United looking at the stuff he put on twatter, City had all the play and were looking dangerous, then Rooney pops up with the headed goal against the run of play.

Kompany then gets wound up and frustrated and committs to the red misted two footed challenge. He should have known better being a continental, they send players off for fun in europe for this sort of thing.

Typical egotistical, arrogant City.

Alg 08 January 2012 06:41 PM

I'm neither a City or United supporter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBcv6t-qxKE

Kompany was off the ground with his right foot going for the ball and his left leg heading for Nani's ankles. If Nani hadn't jumped he'd have probably been badly hurt.
As is common nowadays amongst football's more nasty pieces of work Kompany was trying to clamp his trailing leg around behind Nani' legs to make certain he didn't get away. He knew exactly what he was doing but didn't get away with it.

I've found a clip of one of Kompany's previous harmless tackles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIsxbG2l8Y0

Myles 08 January 2012 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by mrmadcap (Post 10419228)
Kompany was to overconfident that City would walk over United looking at the stuff he put on twatter, City had all the play and were looking dangerous, then Rooney pops up with the headed goal against the run of play.

Kompany then gets wound up and frustrated and committs to the red misted two footed challenge. He should have known better being a continental, they send players off for fun in europe for this sort of thing.

Typical egotistical, arrogant City

Oh the irony.

mrmadcap 08 January 2012 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Myles (Post 10419513)
Oh the irony.

Of course the same could be said of United, but then, they have won everything. City have won nowt.

Myles 08 January 2012 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by mrmadcap (Post 10419566)
Of course the same could be said of United, but then, they have won everything. City have won nowt.

This is true, United have a reason to be egotistical and arrogant. But they still are both(in spades, as are their fans), and they are not particularly positive traits, are they?

Aaron1978 08 January 2012 08:04 PM

:D
http://muscuae.files.wordpress.com/2...ust-better.jpg

Account deleted by request 08 January 2012 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by jamesclark (Post 10418863)
even me being a spurs fan that was never a sending off not even a yellow card what planet are you on
ITS A MANS GAME I THOUGHT

A fairly thick spurs fan at that :rolleyes:

Football is a 'mans game' as it is played proffessionally by adult males. It is also a game that has rules and the ref is there to ensure these rules are applied.

The video above to my mind is fairly damning but i did not say it was a red card, read my post and i will say it again;

If you leave the ground and go in with 2 feet then you are giving the ref the opportunity to send you off.

Chop

Myles 08 January 2012 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by azz250478 (Post 10419592)

This is exactly what the rest of the country means, w@nkers. That flag resides in the owners garage, somewhere in Somerset.

mrmadcap 08 January 2012 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Myles (Post 10419586)
This is true, United have a reason to be egotistical and arrogant. But they still are both(in spades, as are their fans), and they are not particularly positive traits, are they?

I'm no United supporter but when you have done stuff like winning the treble, with quite a few British players in the side, and hey, a few of them were actually from Madchester!!! i suppose it proves you can walk the walk.

That city lot are just mercenaries who were bought not built who can only talk the talk in pound notes so far.

jh1-2009 08 January 2012 09:38 PM

Theres been a lot of bad decisions by refs since football began, why make a big deal over this one? It should even out over the course of a season.
Nani seen it coming and jumped, had his studs been in the ground with his weight on it could of been a leg breaker

urban 09 January 2012 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Myles (Post 10418922)
You are as bad as Platini. Shall we outlaw the tackle in case legs are broken?

Now don't be silly.

He had both feet off the ground - you cannot do that, that's how legs are broken

Funkii Munkii 09 January 2012 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Myles (Post 10419009)
If Kompany had tucked his trailing leg behind him, much like a hurdler, the tackle would have been perfect.

Spot on, I always loved the sliding tackle when I played and with that leg tucked under your arse it was so easy to make the tackle and then using the tucked leg to raise to both feet in one move, usually carrying on with the ball.

Hammer man 09 January 2012 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Myles (Post 10419664)
This is exactly what the rest of the country means, w@nkers. That flag resides in the owners garage, somewhere in Somerset.

no no no no no no yes.