ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   What tracker ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/919504-what-tracker.html)

furkinfunscoobydoo 05 January 2012 09:25 PM

What tracker ?

Hi folks need to get a tracker fitted to my car as insurance is crazy and alot of firms won't quote you if you don't have one. Share your experiance please.

AWG 05 January 2012 09:41 PM

Trackstar :thumb:

classicscoob1 05 January 2012 09:46 PM

i used these guys for my cat 1 alarm they very very good....always got offers on too

http://www.secureacar.co.uk/Products/3/Trackers

jazzyjembreaze 05 January 2012 10:18 PM

+1 trackstar

MattJ85 05 January 2012 11:01 PM

im lucky my car insurance will go down £20 a year for having a tracker fitted, yet the subscription will cost £169 a year - so I havent bothered.

Have put a GSM/SMS tracker in but not insurance approved just nice to keep an eye on the car when its in a garage

Dubzy 05 January 2012 11:42 PM

Same here, £40 saving for having a tracker fitted but costs £150 yearly subscription so i havnt bothered, plus im not sure i would want it back after its been ragged by some low life scum !!

Barty77 05 January 2012 11:45 PM

i put the smartrack protector plus on mine, cost me for trackerand fitting was free but was £200 for liftime subs :thumb:

they are always calling me when im on the ferry or when battery is low, top service too

AWG 06 January 2012 09:10 AM

Tracker on the isle of man! Be cheaper for you to pay a guy at each port to keep a look out!

Barty77 06 January 2012 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by AWG_STi (Post 10414257)
Tracker on the isle of man! Be cheaper for you to pay a guy at each port to keep a look out!

LOL yeah it would be, my ins co insisted on it when I bought the car then KM said it doesn't matter about a tracker

AWG 06 January 2012 11:03 AM

I personally would like to see a tracker that incorporates an iPhone remote and 1lb of C4 under the drivers seat!

Wolf_gsxr 06 January 2012 11:24 AM

When I get another phone I'm gonna wire a charger to it and hide it behind the dash. If the car ever gets nicked il just turn my other phone on and it will tell my exactly where the car is.

SkydiveMacca 06 January 2012 12:35 PM

That should kill your battery nice and quickly...

Wolf_gsxr 06 January 2012 01:12 PM

why? if its set to charge when the engine is running like any satnav or whatever. when its not running it doesnt charge and as the battery would probs last a week if it was never used. id imagine you'd notice at some point the same day that your cars been stolen as opposed to 1 week later. you also dont need to rely on plod or anybody else. you get a nice map and directions.

MattJ85 06 January 2012 01:59 PM

That's how my GSM/SMS tracker works, can track it real time on the iPhone and even disable the ignition circuit.
But I am thinking of wiring this up to "accidentally" trigger a distress flare??
White phosphorus burns extremely hot and would burn their bollocks off ....... Only joking!!!

AWG 06 January 2012 02:35 PM

... But not really!!!

Wolf_gsxr 07 January 2012 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by MattJ85 (Post 10414692)
That's how my GSM/SMS tracker works, can track it real time on the iPhone and even disable the ignition circuit.
But I am thinking of wiring this up to "accidentally" trigger a distress flare??
White phosphorus burns extremely hot and would burn their bollocks off ....... Only joking!!!

That sounds almost as dangerous as what my stupid mate did to his BMW. He had a 190e that kept getting nicked so when he got his m3 he decided it would be wise to wire up a spark plug in the tank on a hidden switch. When he parked the car up, he'd "arm" the bomb so if anybody nicked it it would go bang. Great idea it was too.. Until he forgot to switch it off once.. Thankfully the tank was full so the plug was submerged. Another few miles and that could have been him dead or at least with a very interesting insurance claim.

AWG 07 January 2012 12:27 PM

That is one crazy mother fokker!