ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Twin Peaks (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/918438-twin-peaks.html)

J4CKO 29 December 2011 06:39 PM

Twin Peaks

Anyone remember this, the missus was going on about it for ages so got her the box set and watched the pilot, cant see what she was on about tbh, anyone a fan ?

My only moment was wondering where I had heard the incidental music before, its Moby's "Go".

Is it worth watching more or should I avoid it like I did in 1990 ?

Twin Fields 29 December 2011 06:59 PM

:thumb:

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 10399770)
Anyone remember this, the missus was going on about it for ages so got her the box set and watched the pilot, cant see what she was on about tbh, anyone a fan ?

My only moment was wondering where I had heard the incidental music before, its Moby's "Go".

Yes I remember it. It used to be on Bravo years ago, good, but very strange program, hard to follow.

On a lighter note "Twin Peaks" is what chocolate o brian has called me when he was upset with me on another post about Non-Turbo's. :lol1:

Bless his heart! :thumb:

dpb 29 December 2011 07:07 PM

Thought it was good

b road blaster 29 December 2011 07:12 PM

yeah i watched it first time around and err very strange program.was'nt the theme music somthing like "fire walk with me" ??

dpb 29 December 2011 07:32 PM

david lynch aint it , not there with blue velvet or eraserhead - but worthwhile

alcazar 29 December 2011 07:35 PM

Only saw a few, and was usually baffled by it.

GC8 29 December 2011 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 10399770)

'Go' was a Twin Peaks sample :nods:

Remembering from 1990, the first few were sort-of-alright but it became more and more random from then on. By the end it was nonsense, making 'Mulholland Drive' look sensible and understandable...

DYK 29 December 2011 08:45 PM

I remember the Music yep.

http://youtu.be/7oDuGN6K3VQ

Markus 29 December 2011 09:06 PM

As said by others it is by Mr Lynch, so it's going to be a little odd.
I quite like it, always thought there were more episodes than there actually are. Pretty sure it was cancelled before there was any real resolution to the end (No, I'm not talking about Who Killed Laura Palmer, we knew who that/they were/was)

If you like it, Fire Walk With Me is fairly good as well, still waiting for the directors cut of that, which is meant to be even longer and more convoluted :D

albob 29 December 2011 09:25 PM

i relly enjoyed it first time round - it was 'different' then, may be a bit dated now...

jazzyjembreaze 29 December 2011 09:37 PM

Got the gold box set when it first came on DVD , awesome series , you must also watch the movie fire walk with me , because it's the prequel , & it shows you the time leading up to Laura palmers death ,, 10/10 for me ,,

Terminator X 29 December 2011 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 10399908)
Only saw a few, and was usually baffled by it.

Same here, only watched it for the brunette :norty:

TX.

pete@s/e imprezas 29 December 2011 11:02 PM

god this brings back memory's

New_scooby_04 29 December 2011 11:24 PM

I used to love it!! :D

Remember when they revealed who Bob was (spoiler alert for anyone not familiar with the show)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aggTrvJc_gs

rickya 29 December 2011 11:39 PM

I loved Josie Packard and Shelly,.......though I was 14 at the time!

Markus 30 December 2011 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04 (Post 10400379)
I used to love it!! :D

Remember when they revealed who Bob was (spoiler alert for anyone not familiar with the show)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aggTrvJc_gs

Some interesting duality there, as it's Maddy being killed by Leland/BOB, in the same manner as they killed Laura, and Maddy looks very much like her cousin Laura.

Oh, and on another note, the music in TP isn't too bad either, probably not to all tastes, but suits the show very well.

Scotsman 30 December 2011 07:48 AM

I loved the show the first time it was on - not rewatched it since though.

f1_fan 30 December 2011 10:06 AM

Excellent series from an excellent director/writer. Years ahead of its time!

New_scooby_04 30 December 2011 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Markus (Post 10400515)
Some interesting duality there, as it's Maddy being killed by Leland/BOB, in the same manner as they killed Laura, and Maddy looks very much like her cousin Laura.

Oh, and on another note, the music in TP isn't too bad either, probably not to all tastes, but suits the show very well.

Same actress that played Laura in a wig! :)

The music was lovely: well worth getting the following two albums by Julee Cruise

Floating into the night
The voice of love

Both contain tracks from the show and the movie.

The track at the end of that clip I put up is a song called 'The World Spins'

Markus 30 December 2011 12:27 PM

David Lynch's site has turned into a music portal, there is a rather nice Twin Peaks Archive collection on there, about 70 odd tracks from the show, quite a lot that wasn't released on the soundtrack cd's.

Cheers for the album recommendations, I'll have a listen.

dnc 30 December 2011 01:28 PM

Superb series but watching of FWWM is definitely recommended. I have pretty much all of Lynch's 'mainstream' stuff and enjoy it all.

Inland Empire anyone?

Leslie 30 December 2011 02:04 PM

The title certainly conjures up the odd bit of sinful imagination!

Les ;)

f1_fan 30 December 2011 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by dnc (Post 10400900)
Inland Empire anyone?

Er.. do you mean INLAND EMPIRE? ;)

mart360 30 December 2011 06:42 PM

"Damm fine cup of Coffee" :D:D

started well, but the second series & the backwards talking man killed it literally..

Mart

hodgy0_2 30 December 2011 07:35 PM

they (american mini series) all start well, then they quicky run into the "sh1t they've commissioned another series, what the fvck do we do now" territory and quickly descend into the absurd

a single good idea -- stretched to a multi million dollar payday over 48 weeks