ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Ok, who's actually doing anything at work ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/917709-ok-whos-actually-doing-anything-at-work.html)

J4CKO 22 December 2011 11:51 AM

Ok, who's actually doing anything at work ?

Pretty quiet here, apart from me sorting out a very broken finance system two mornings in a row nobody is mithering, should really do some prep for next year but have completely wound down now. Everyone else is "working" (yeah, right) from home.

Still, as the system decided to crap out the poor finance bods will have to be in over Christmas, I get the props for fixing it though which is good.

joz8968 22 December 2011 11:53 AM

I'm not working (although I'm at work). On SN all day...

...Mind, that's the same for pretty much the rest of my c.235 p.a. work days. :D

birchy2010 22 December 2011 11:54 AM

I'm ridiculously quiet, no systems down and no nagging users, boss has finished for Christmas and i'm based at our secondary site with just 2 PC's waiting to be built. Boring the life out of me!

jayallen 22 December 2011 11:56 AM

Im sat in B'n'Q carpark killing time surfing the net waiting for 12.30 so i can go back to the office, then off for xmas drinks at a clients xmas bash!

Coffin Dodger 22 December 2011 11:56 AM

I'm trying not too :D

Been landed with sorting out a production test system as the bloke who "administers" it has been signed off with stress for the foreseeable :rolleyes: Would be fine except I know very little about VisualBasic that it has been written in or the SQL database that it accesses. Embedded C++ is not a problem but this POS is another matter.

So as you can imagine I'm less than motivated.

Got to do my performance review tomorrow too, deep joy :D

steviefastbikes 22 December 2011 11:58 AM

Only got 6 mots all day so i am sat at desk browsing on phone

boxst 22 December 2011 12:02 PM

I am hassling people to pay to make sure we hit our quarter numbers.

(and posting on here of course!)

chocolate_o_brian 22 December 2011 12:10 PM

Long turnaround today (6-2 yesterday and 2-10 today). Dunno what's in the workshops for me to tackle today, yesterday was rotary burring some Mag-beam shafts while being observed for my NVQ qualifications. I'm safe in the knowledge that come 10pm tonight and my couple weeks off for Christmas that I will (on paper) be a qualified Mechanical fitter approx 9 months sooner than expected. :)

Turbohot 22 December 2011 12:19 PM

WFH to send a handful of emails, and to do some more work on my laptop. I have 3 official appointments tomorrow (for which I need to get to the office), then I am free till the beginning of the new year 2012.

Christmas rocks! :luxhello:

fitzscoob 22 December 2011 12:19 PM

Going to be a long one here today, had a dismissal this morning and still loads of products to finish making before I can shut the door.

I normally let everyone go at lunch time, but theres no chance today.

CREWJ 22 December 2011 12:19 PM

I'm doing work just not totally fixated :D

The women of the office keep sending out quizzes for us to do so our group has mainly been doing that.

ALi-B 22 December 2011 12:25 PM

Ummm :o nope.

Few phone calls and broken PC (corrupted OS after I removed some malware...oops).

In meantime I'm seraching for a suitable replacement for a 457-4 10ohm wire wound resistor (or at least find an easier to obtain fuse of the correct rating :mad: ).

JPL 22 December 2011 12:26 PM

Finished my work, but have to stay around. Oh well, pub lunch and hours of browsing when I get back :-)

Hanley 22 December 2011 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by fitzscoob (Post 10390095)
Going to be a long one here today, had a dismissal this morning and still loads of products to finish making before I can shut the door.

I normally let everyone go at lunch time, but theres no chance today.

Who got fired and why? :)

oldsplice 22 December 2011 12:36 PM

If I'd put half as much effort into doing what I'm supposed to be doing, rather than avoiding it, I'd have finished it at the beginning of the week. And I break up today! :luxhello:

Snazy 22 December 2011 12:46 PM

Busiest time of the year, so yup working here.

Not so busy since a video hit viral status on YouTube yesterday though lol

Jamescsti 22 December 2011 12:49 PM

I'm at work but reading scooby net on my phone doing 2 hours work a day at best now.

DCI Gene Hunt 22 December 2011 12:50 PM

Nope....

Wurzel 22 December 2011 12:51 PM

I am supposed to be installing an Oracle Linux 6.1 VM and creating a template from it but can't seem to find the enthusiasm needed to log into vCentre. :D

Plus I just got back from an all you can eat Chinese buffet so am in need of some rest :D

fitzscoob 22 December 2011 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Hanley (Post 10390121)
Who got fired and why? :)

Without getting into too much detail essentially, the person in question wasnt capable of doing their job

ChrisB 22 December 2011 01:08 PM

Whilst I'm at work, not much work is going on. I think Modern Warfare 3 will get fired up this afternoon :D

Leslie 22 December 2011 01:09 PM

Before I retired I would have been screaming around the country defending you all!

Les :D

Wurzel 22 December 2011 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 10390186)
Before I retired I would have been screaming around the country defending you all!

Les :D

Or someone else country defending you all :D

DCI Gene Hunt 22 December 2011 01:11 PM

Cheers Les, but by the sound of it we're a big bunch of slackers that probably don't deserve defending :D

windyboy 22 December 2011 02:03 PM

Today I got into work and had a tea break then put in travel expenses for the last 2 weeks and then read facebook & scoobyireland and then lunch and now in here... so I've been pretty busy, probably leave in about half an hour and won't be back until 3rd Jan :D

windyboy

dpb 22 December 2011 02:10 PM

Pedal to the metal , im self employed tho

Kieran_Burns 22 December 2011 02:13 PM

On a wind down, got some things to (but not much at all) and am waiting on one urgent piece of work doing...

I've emailed the Service Manager about this and finished the letter with:

(snip) and please note I am on leave until the 9th January after Friday.

Any phone calls made to me during this time may result in drunken ramblings and earnest assurances that you’re my best mate.
I'm slightly concerned he hasn't replied yet :D

J4CKO 22 December 2011 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Wurzel (Post 10390155)
I am supposed to be installing an Oracle Linux 6.1 VM and creating a template from it but can't seem to find the enthusiasm needed to log into vCentre. :D

Plus I just got back from an all you can eat Chinese buffet so am in need of some rest :D

Just sat there then, going through the vMotions :D

DCI Gene Hunt 22 December 2011 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 10390299)
Just sat there then, going through the vMotions :D

After all that Chinese he's probably brewing a 'motion'..... :D

Wurzel 22 December 2011 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt (Post 10390302)
After all that Chinese he's probably brewing a 'motion'..... :D

Funny you should say that :D