ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Modding my Scooby Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/91712-modding-my-scooby-sport.html)

PopeyeP1 29 April 2002 05:21 PM

HAve decided to spend a lot of dosh modding my Subaru Sport. although my dream car is a P1, I really cannot afford one. Then again my Sport is fast enough to keep up with anything serious out there. Just need a few mods to make it go like a s**t off shovel. Any of you guys know how I can make it go faster? Would really appreciate any advice. Is there a Sport owners club perhaps??

MarkCSC 29 April 2002 06:32 PM

Grahame May has modded his sport a little bit.
Have a look here http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...D=84451&Page=4
pushes out about 145bhp and does go rather well by all accounts.

PopeyeP1 29 April 2002 06:36 PM

Thanks a lot. Totally wicked. 145 bhp now thats really fast!!! When I get my awesome sport up to max power watch out Skylines as you will be a spec in my mirror!!! Wicked!!!!!!!! God I love my Sport!!!!!!!

MarkCSC 29 April 2002 06:38 PM

Ummmm....quite ;)

phm 29 April 2002 07:11 PM

PopeyeP1
check out the other thread, it gives you a link to the Scooby Sport yahoo site. My list of mods is on the thread and at present it pushing 150bhp plus. It was rolling roaded with the bonnet shut, so the forced air was restricted but at the same time, realistic;) Add the benefit of making serious progress on the open road with forced air, and it's doing quite well on the performance front:D
PHM

DanTheMan 29 April 2002 07:47 PM

You could go the whole hog and bolt on a turbo + FMIC, you could see well over 200 brake.....:)
The ultimate Q car :)

snowcrash 29 April 2002 07:48 PM

P.S. You NEED to get a bonnet scoop as that alone accounts for an extra 30BHP!!!

PopeyeP1 29 April 2002 07:50 PM

Yeh looks totally wicked!!! RAced my Sport against a R34 Skyline last week. Was a close call but he just beat me up to 100 mph. When I get it even more modded will wipe the grin of his face! Wicked!! Such great cars Sports. FOrget turbos!!!Impreza Turbos are crap compared to Sport!! Really want to get 150 bhp. Not sure if I'll be able to handle the power though!!! !150 bhp is so scary!!!!!!!!!

Flat 4x4 29 April 2002 08:06 PM

My Turbo had had the badge taken off when I bought it secondhand. The dealer only had a Sport Special sticker in stock so that's what's on the back - semi-Q car ?

ps Used to own a Sport 4 years ago - much under-rated and plenty of fun from driving safely at 10/10ths. I just needed 150bhp to leave me not thinking "I wish I had a turbo" though.

Why don't Subaru sell the current GX as a WRS 150 or something ?

Jamie Whitfield 29 April 2002 08:24 PM

Hi

We have a very interesting Cold Air Induction System for the Sport.

Click on our banner or email me for more details.

Jamie

www.j-w-racing.com
www.performanceexhausts.net

PopeyeP1 29 April 2002 08:26 PM

OMG thats is unbelievable!!!! What a totally wicked sight!!!! Put me down for one please!!!! Yehaaaaaaa P1 power is nearing!!!!!!!!!

phm 29 April 2002 08:32 PM

OMG Chopper Alert - now that is believable!!!!

DEEDEE 29 April 2002 08:38 PM

PopeyeP1 join the Subaru Sportsters club its free and everyones friendly

johnfelstead 29 April 2002 08:47 PM

ROFLMAO@popeyeP1

very funny mate. :D

gossythevaleter 29 April 2002 08:53 PM

Popeye your phone number is wrong re trip to the ring

davyboy 29 April 2002 08:54 PM

Gossy, the geezer in winding you up!

pslewis 29 April 2002 10:27 PM

PopeyeP1 - dont look towards a P1, its nothing to aspire to - you will find that they are a bunch of 'clicky' to55ers!! ;)

Imagine the thought process that goes into buying a P1:-

1. Derrrrr Subaru says that they are collectors items, I want one

2. OOOOOOO look they 'Only' want a premium of £10,000, I want one

3. Look they have left 2 doors off, I want one

4. Look NO radio OR Cassette OR CD, I want one

5. Corrrr, I have only had it for 6 months and, look, its lost £15,000, I want one

6. Look you cant tow ANYTHING with it - not even my cool Jetski, I want one

7. Wowie, look its about 0.5 second faster than a standard, I want one

8. See? I cant sleep at night because some big nasty bogey man might come and take it off me, I want one

If you look at the above - you will be glad that you didnt fall into the Subaru Hype, you will be glad that you havent chucked your money away, you will be glad that you are an independant, free mind .... instead of a sheep following the crowd!!

Stick with your sport, you are a bi66er man that way!! ;)

:D Pete :D

PopeyeP1 29 April 2002 10:44 PM

Thanks for those words of wisdom. At the moment i'm like a grinning cheshire cat cruising down the streets in my Sport. Who needs a P1 when you have the next best thing eh? Seems to me these Turbo boys have a complex against the Sports crowd. Why? They know our cars are better in every form. Can't wait to turn up at the next Scooby meet and burn off a P1. Yehaaaaaaaaa those days are coming!!!!!!! Pops

pslewis 29 April 2002 10:50 PM

Yeah Popeye, you should see the P1 lads faces when I go by them in my Wagon!!! I do have optimax in the tank mind you (so its a bit of a cheat!!)

Arent those P1 lads just the biggest bunch of pooh you have ever seen?? ;)

Pete

PopeyeP1 29 April 2002 11:02 PM

Unluckily the nearest shell station to me is over the Thames. But when my Sport is on the good stuff it simply rockets!!!! Great init!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pops

Numptie 30 April 2002 12:52 AM

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/laugh.gif

Disco 30 April 2002 08:46 AM

ROTFLMAO- Fantastic:D

The Zohan 30 April 2002 10:31 AM

LMFAO!