ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   how much is it worth (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/916701-how-much-is-it-worth.html)

scooby1508 12 December 2011 03:49 PM

how much is it worth

hi guys due to losing my job my scooby has got to be sold as i cannot afford to keep it.i was wondering if you guys could tell me what sort of money it is worth.
it is a 2002 bugeye wrx it has the following mods,prodrive backbox, magnex centre pipe and second de-cat pipe, greedy de-cat up pipe, roger clarke motor sport induction kit, samco intercooler pipes in blue, japspeed turbo inlet pipe in blue, 3 port boost solenoid, walbro uprated fuel pump and has been re-mapped by duncan graham at race dynamix,toad cat 1 alarm and immobiliser recently been serviced, and timing belt kit changed, morette quad headlamps with h.i.d kit fitted. only bad points are a few stone chips to the front end thanks in advance for your help guys.

Nickodm85 12 December 2011 04:17 PM

What's the mileage? Any service history?

scooby1508 12 December 2011 04:50 PM

Sorry forgot to put that in. It's done 126000 miles engine runs sweet and has part service history

Nickodm85 12 December 2011 04:56 PM

hmmm. I'm no expert, but i'd say 3 grand if your lucky. Not many people would want to buy a car with that mileage to be honest mate. Maybe if the bodyworks in excellent condition you could get more.

mervil 12 December 2011 05:29 PM

Mileage is a killer unfortunately :( £3k is more than likely on the money! Knock 50k off the mileage and you'd get nearer £4k for it!

The Trooper 1815 12 December 2011 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by mervil (Post 10376755)
Mileage is a killer unfortunately :( £3k is more than likely on the money! Knock 50k off the mileage and you'd get nearer £4k for it!

You may make more breaking it if the body, interior and running gear is in good nick.

But unless the rubbers, bushes, shocks etc have been renewed.

DannyBoy007 12 December 2011 06:37 PM

Sorry to hear this but I think the guys are aiming a little high with £3K. more like £2-2.5K.

Have a quick look on autotrader and there are loads from dealers in this price bracket. The mods don't really add much, if anything at all.

If you have the standard items worth swapping them back and making some extra cash that way

evobad 18 December 2011 09:58 AM

yeh i would say 2-2.5k market for scoobys not good at moment,like people tell me the car is only worth what sombody will give you.

lazyboy 19 December 2011 06:48 PM

I sold a lovely 2001 wrx last week. It was mica blue with 110k and some other nice bits, lucky to get 2K for it in the end!
On the same subject, how should i value my 99 version 5 sti type R limited? 52k with FSH, MD321t turbo, api 1000cc injectors, front mount, heyland and scott equal length, hks silent power, RCM breather system, ecutec, billstiens, whiteline, plus loads of other bits. I only ask cause i fancy a change but really dont want to break the car up.