ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   My 555 isn't a 555 (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/915975-my-555-isnt-a-555-a.html)

Paulo P 05 December 2011 11:50 PM

My 555 isn't a 555

I went with a mate of mine to look at an Impreza today and after looking at the car and talking Imprezas the seller asked me what I had. I told him I had a version 2 555 and he asked me if it was a real 555. I replied yes it's the real deal and he went on to tell me that most people think that because their cars have 555 stickers on they think it's a 555 and he has a point but he blew it when he asked if mine has the DCCD and I replied no :lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

"it's not a real 555 then" was his reply :rolleyes: He claims to have owned every model Subaru over the last 10 years and claims my car isn't what it really is :lol1: When I explained that the 555's don't have numbered plaques he told me it's just a version 2 sti then :lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

Kind of sums up the market we are looking at :nono::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

g7prs 05 December 2011 11:52 PM

Lol somebody tried to tell me they had a White one once!

prodriverules 05 December 2011 11:53 PM

Come a cross tossers like this all the time,I really hate the one's who come into my garage and try to tell me I'm wrong about this or that or even try to tell me how to do my job:mad:

53 05 December 2011 11:58 PM

Someone tried to tell me mine wasn't a 555 Type 'WA' once :nono: ;) Fool :D

Paulo P 06 December 2011 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by g7prs (Post 10366489)
Lol somebody tried to tell me they had a White one once!

I've heard that too :lol1: I have no idea why Subaru didn't give them a badge or something special though. My friends seem to think it's a McRae edition :lol1:

Jimbob 06 December 2011 12:04 AM

Lol, mate of mine said "My mate knows Subaru`s and its deffo a Jap import, cos he says so. He knows much more than you ever will!".
Even though it had no rear wiper, no rear ariel, no Japanese on the slam panel (English), the ariel was in the drivers door pillar, there was a bright switch, and had abs. None of the classic JDM signs, even the V5 turned out to say UK2000 lmfao, but he was adamant!!

There are massive wangs around!!

Paulo P 06 December 2011 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Jimbob (Post 10366507)
Lol, mate of mine said "My mate knows Subaru`s and its deffo a Jap import, cos he says so. He knows much more than you ever will!".
Even though it had no rear wiper, no rear ariel, no Japanese on the slam panel (English), the ariel was in the drivers door pillar, there was a bright switch, and had abs. None of the classic JDM signs, even the V5 turned out to say UK2000 lmfao, but he was adamant!!

There are massive wangs around!!

PMSL :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: it shows why we are struggling to find a car that is what it's described as.

PM replied by the way ;)

MattyB1983 06 December 2011 12:12 AM

It's just guys who 'think' they know more than they actually do.

The amount of times I've heard things like,
"yea mate my RA has got thin glass and lightweight panels all made from aluminum".

I just agree with them now as can't be arsed to explain how they know fook all about Subaru's.

Yea Paulo, I reckon you've painted your car 555 blue and fitted a roof vent. Bloody wannabe.........lol.

g7prs 06 December 2011 12:19 AM

And what about the White P1 ;)

Jimbob 06 December 2011 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by MattyB1983 (Post 10366522)
Yea Paulo, I reckon you've painted your car 555 blue and fitted a roof vent. Bloody wannabe.........lol.

Thats given me an idea!! :norty:

But to talk balls, I had a guy walk up to me and say is that your car (My scoob), to which I replied yeah. He then gave me a speech describing how his Evo was better in every way, and blatantly making up things. To which I replied "She`s and ex works Subaru Rally car with 580bhp, and I had to remove the roll cage to make it road legal!" Blatantly taking the pi$$, but he took it as real and said "Sorry fella, must have got my wires crossed." then walked off. To say my mates and I were creased was an under statement!!

But just goes to show that sometime to over come bull$hit, you need to give more!!

Paulo P 06 December 2011 12:25 AM

It's just guys who 'think' they know more than they actually do.

The amount of times I've heard things like,
"yea mate my RA has got thin glass and lightweight panels all made from aluminum".

I just agree with them now as can't be arsed to explain how they know fook all about Subaru's.

I think we all know people like that and they also exist on here, they just aren't as nerdy as us :lol1:

Shhhh! Not everyone needs to know that underneath the wrap and stick on roof flap it's actually a silver wrx! :mad:

Paulo P 06 December 2011 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by g7prs (Post 10366528)
And what about the White P1 ;)

You mean all P1's weren't white? :eek:

53 06 December 2011 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Paulo P (Post 10366536)
I think we all know people like that and they also exist on here, they just aren't as nerdy as us :lol1:

Shhhh! Not everyone needs to know that underneath the wrap and stick on roof flap it's actually a silver wrx! :mad:

:Suspiciou :p :D

Paulo P 06 December 2011 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Jimbob (Post 10366531)

But to talk balls, I had a guy walk up to me and say is that your car (My scoob), to which I replied yeah. He then gave me a speech describing how his Evo was better in every way, and blatantly making up things. To which I replied "She`s and ex works Subaru Rally car with 580bhp, and I had to remove the roll cage to make it road legal!" Blatantly taking the pi$$, but he took it as real and said "Sorry fella, must have got my wires crossed." then walked off. To say my mates and I were creased was an under statement!!

But just goes to show that sometime to over come bull$hit, you need to give more!!

Classic story, I see where I'm going wrong here and I need to fight bullsh!t with bullsh!t instead of using cold hard facts :lol1: I resorted to arguing with an idiot and that's never good and you can never come away a winner! :facepalm:

Jimbob 06 December 2011 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Paulo P (Post 10366542)

Originally Posted by Jimbob (Post 10366531)

Classic story, I see where I'm going wrong here and I need to fight bullsh!t with bullsh!t instead of using cold hard facts :lol1: I resorted to arguing with an idiot and that's never good and you can never come away a winner! :facepalm:

The guy said he had a V8 Vauxhall Vectra B, and that was standard. I know a LOT about those cars and they only ever had a V6, so knew I could yank his chain pretty hard without being found out.

Hardest thing was trying to keep a straight face.

Paulo P 06 December 2011 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Jimbob (Post 10366550)
The guy said he had a V8 Vauxhall Vectra B, and that was standard. I know a LOT about those cars and they only ever had a V6, so knew I could yank his chain pretty hard without being found out.

Hardest thing was trying to keep a straight face.

Clueless! :eek: I've been selling a few bits on ebay recently including a chipped ecu and I had a reply from someone telling me their car ran 18psi as standard (version 1 & 2) :rolleyes: Sure it does but does it run it safely! :eek: No reply given! :rolleyes:

Jimbob 06 December 2011 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Paulo P (Post 10366551)
Clueless! :eek: I've been selling a few bits on ebay recently including a chipped ecu and I had a reply from someone telling me their car ran 18psi as standard (version 1 & 2) :rolleyes: Sure it does but does it run it safely! :eek: No reply given! :rolleyes:

Lol when I bought mine with a dead engine, it had a manual boost controller, first thing I did was give it away. But the amount of people who have suggested I fit one as theirs went MUCH better, and when asked to where theirs are, they say oh it started knocking lmfao.

Paulo P 06 December 2011 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Jimbob (Post 10366552)
Lol when I bought mine with a dead engine, it had a manual boost controller, first thing I did was give it away. But the amount of people who have suggested I fit one as theirs went MUCH better, and when asked to where theirs are, they say oh it started knocking lmfao.

I can see another thread brewing here "clueless Impreza owners" and their daft claims :lol1:

Jimbob 06 December 2011 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Paulo P (Post 10366557)
I can see another thread brewing here "clueless Impreza owners" and their daft claims :lol1:

Thats a fair idea lol.

P1 LTD 06 December 2011 01:21 AM

Even some garages dont know cars! When i was thinking about changing my P1 a few month ago at a garage! The sales guy said that a good look alike P1. I explained to him its a Genuine P1 model! Then he went on about P1s have 4 doors? oh dear :cuckoo:

Davey96wrx 06 December 2011 02:09 AM

Lol I recently came across a guy on here that was adamant that there was absolutely no deference between v2 wrx and v2 sti, despite telling him different
intercooler, slightly racier cams, and lighter shims, he wouldn't accept it at all and branded me the guy that didn't know anything, very irritating. It's a shame the Subaru community can't all get together and dispel some of the myths that fly around...

Jimbob 06 December 2011 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by Davey96wrx (Post 10366572)
Lol I recently came across a guy on here that was adamant that there was absolutely no deference between v2 wrx and v2 sti, despite telling him different
intercooler, slightly racier cams, and lighter shims, he wouldn't accept it at all and branded me the guy that didn't know anything, very irritating. It's a shame the Subaru community can't all get together and dispel some of the myths that fly around...

How about a myth's and legends section where all these so called facts can be put to bed. Would surely be a funny section, and who know's people may learn a thing or two. And would be a good place for people to dispel crap that some unscrupulous people tend to peddle.

BlueBugEye 06 December 2011 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Kwik (Post 10366583)
Oh and i was under the impression there WAS a white P1?, probably gonna get shot down now.....

There is..... currently on South East Scoobies, it's the Prodrive Prototype so I suppose you could argue it's not a 'real' P1 as its a type R that Prodrive fettled to develop the P1.

EngineMapper @ Group B Motorsport 06 December 2011 07:14 AM

I was told by a mechanics place that I was doing some mapping at that his V3 wrx was 460bhp. Enquiring further genuinely interested I investigated under the bonnet to find, std tmic, std turbo, no ecu etc etc. He told me it runs 2 bar of pressure normally. When I asked about what he'd done transmission wise, he told me the centre diff was the weakest point so he had it removed to run the power.

Ermmmmmm.............help?!?!?!

Graham

ashwrx 06 December 2011 08:54 AM

[quote=Paulo P;10366487]I went with a mate of mine to look at an Impreza today and after looking at the car and talking Imprezas the seller asked me what I had. I told him I had a version 2 555 and he asked me if it was a real 555. I replied yes it's the real deal and he went on to tell me that most people think that because their cars have 555 stickers on they think it's a 555 and he has a point but he blew it when he asked if mine has the DCCD and I replied no :lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

"it's not a real 555 then" was his reply :rolleyes: He claims to have owned every model Subaru over the last 10 years and claims my car isn't what it really is :lol1: When I explained that the 555's don't have numbered plaques he told me it's just a version 2 sti then :lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

Kind of sums up the market we are looking at :nono::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:[/quote

where was the car for sale

Shaks-STI 06 December 2011 09:14 AM

i had the similar thing, some one telling me that my TypeR was converted from 4door to 2 door by someone very skill full with bodywork and subaru only made P1 as a 2 door car and mine was too old to be a P1 :wonder: :brickwall :lol1::lol1::lol1:

g7prs 06 December 2011 09:15 AM

I started a thread the other day asking for all different variations, years, adaptations etc. I admit i don't know much, but all you guys knowledge is currently un-tapped.

Oh and i was under the impression there WAS a white P1?, probably gonna get shot down now.....

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...-original.html

My White P1 comment was tounge in cheek hence the wink. I've seen the car in the flesh and chatted to the then owner :thumb:

Paulo P 06 December 2011 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by ashwrx (Post 10366639)

Originally Posted by Paulo P (Post 10366487)
I went with a mate of mine to look at an Impreza today and after looking at the car and talking Imprezas the seller asked me what I had. I told him I had a version 2 555 and he asked me if it was a real 555. I replied yes it's the real deal and he went on to tell me that most people think that because their cars have 555 stickers on they think it's a 555 and he has a point but he blew it when he asked if mine has the DCCD and I replied no :lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

Kind of sums up the market we are looking at :nono::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

where was the car for sale

It's in coventry.

Paulo P 06 December 2011 09:39 AM

I started a thread the other day asking for all different variations, years, adaptations etc. I admit i don't know much, but all you guys knowledge is currently un-tapped.

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...-original.html

There is a white P1 and it was the first one Prodrive produced IIRC, there is also a blue 4 door one but I can't remember the story behind that one. Anyone else remember about the 4 door one?

TomR555 12 December 2011 03:57 PM

I miss mine & now it purple! :cry: