ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Trader Announcements (https://www.scoobynet.com/trader-announcements-363/)
-   -   Toucan - touchscreen display for Syvecs ECU now on sale! (https://www.scoobynet.com/trader-announcements-363/915473-toucan-touchscreen-display-for-syvecs-ecu-now-on-sale.html)

JTinnovations 01 December 2011 11:25 PM

Toucan - touchscreen display for Syvecs ECU now on sale!

1 Attachment(s)
At long last, I am now accepting orders for toucan, the touchscreen gauge and "CAL" selection device for the Syvecs engine management system :luxhello:

Full details are available on the website :)

The usual price is £329.99 + VAT, but for those who are happy to pre-order now, for deliveries starting week of 12th December, the price is discounted to £299.99 + VAT

The price will revert to usual once we start shipping, so if you want to save a few ££, place your order now via the website www.jti.uk.com :D

Many thanks for all the support and kind words during the development of this product, and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

FYI a MoTec version will be available early next year as will, I hope, one for Simtek; and an OEM OBD-II version later on too :D

Attachment 67554

sonic93 02 December 2011 09:31 AM

hurry up with the simtec thats most important lol

legacy_gtb 05 December 2011 10:18 AM

I can see the unit size on the website, but whats the screen size??? If i was to go this route rather than a dash2 id be wanting to sink it into a vent.

With the outer case removed is the gubbins inside much smaller?

cheers

TimH 07 December 2011 05:57 PM

Sorry for late reply: the circuit board is 72x90mm. The display is a little fussy about the mounting as you need to be careful that the touchscreen isn't being "touched" by anything when mounted, but it also needs to be supported as it's not attached to the circuit board by anything other than a flexi-connector.

In toucan it's all sandwiched together so it can't go anywhere, so the best solution might be a custom housing...happy to look in to that if you decide it might fit in a vent :)

snake1906 07 December 2011 06:18 PM

as already said simtek for the win ive been waiting months thought it would of been on the shelf for xmas

JTinnovations 07 December 2011 11:13 PM

Believe you me, I would love to get the Simtek version sorted...but getting a response to an email, let alone the protocol, is worse than waiting for knock control to be sorted on the simtek :freak3:

MoTec replied within 24 hours of me asking, Syvecs within days, Simtek...one email a month later saying it sounded like a good idea, then nothing despite regular chasing :(

JTinnovations 10 December 2011 08:43 PM

Discounted price only available for a few more days :)

JTinnovations 12 December 2011 03:31 PM

There's a glimmer of hope on the horizon in relation to Simtek...further news in the New Year :)

sonic93 12 December 2011 05:52 PM

woo hooo

happydude303 14 December 2011 04:31 PM

keep us in the know when you now more about the simtec as i cant wait ,