ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Clarkson - Exercising as Much Tact as Ever (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/915366-clarkson-exercising-as-much-tact-as-ever.html)

GlesgaKiss 30 November 2011 11:41 PM

Clarkson - Exercising as Much Tact as Ever

Oh dear. :lol1:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-23600850/

sonicvr6 30 November 2011 11:47 PM

i love clarkson me

ALi-B 30 November 2011 11:53 PM

And the best bit? ...John Prescot siding with him! :eek: :lol1: (well sort of, he was playing it down)

I suspect they're secret drinking buddies (or maybe wife swappers :Suspiciou ).

andythejock01wrx 01 December 2011 12:03 AM

Yeah, and of course he was entirely serious about shooting public sector workers?

He wasn't, was he? :wonder: :D

astraboy 01 December 2011 12:09 AM

with top gear live tickets to shift? I doubt it, but column inches are column inches.
Hes a clever chap is Clarkson.
astraboy.

CrisPDuk 01 December 2011 12:51 AM

I agree with his point though, the strikers really should count their blessings, they'd be a fecking sight worse off out in the real world :cuckoo:

eelz 01 December 2011 02:27 AM

Did Richard hamond really get patched-up by nhs workers ???

subaruturbo_18 01 December 2011 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by eelz (Post 10359110)
Did Richard hamond really get patched-up by nhs workers ???

Blatantly private healthcare

eelz 01 December 2011 03:35 AM

Just as I suspected...

bigsinky 01 December 2011 06:58 AM

the guy is a douche end of. public execution of strikers in front of their families and asking why his train to london needs to stop after it hit somebody. his response "after they have burst, they aren't going to get any better are they?"

total obnoxious, talentless prick

Gear Head 01 December 2011 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by bigsinky (Post 10359137)
the guy is a douche end of. public execution of strikers in front of their families and asking why his train to london needs to stop after it hit somebody. his response "after they have burst, they aren't going to get any better are they?"

total obnoxious, talentless prick

So some selfish twonk throws themself in front of a train that will disrupt the lives of hundreds. What do you suggest we do with the remains?

hutton_d 01 December 2011 08:19 AM

Hmmm. According to ... http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16121347 ...

The BBC has been forced to apologise after Jeremy Clarkson said he would like to see striking public sector workers "shot" in front of their families.
I saw the clip of him saying it (not the whole thing) and it is very tongue in cheek. FFS, why can't people take a joke these days???

Even the feckin politicians are getting into the act:

Jon Trickett, Labour's shadow minister for the Cabinet Office, said: "No one wants these strikes but most of today's strikers are mums, not militants. "Clarkson should apologise. And the Prime Minister should make clear he disassociates himself from the distasteful remarks uttered by one of his friends."
WTF is this country coming to???????????????????????

Dave

CREWJ 01 December 2011 08:48 AM

It was all a joke, some people need to lighten up a bit :lol1:

what would scooby do 01 December 2011 08:51 AM

WHAT AN OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be a waste of good bullets

astraboy 01 December 2011 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Gear Head (Post 10359152)
So some selfish twonk throws themself in front of a train that will disrupt the lives of hundreds. What do you suggest we do with the remains?

I've had personal experience of this a few years ago, the response must have cost millions. The air ambulance actually turned up. What for? To help sweep up the chunks?
astraboy.

bigsinky 01 December 2011 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by astraboy (Post 10359214)
I've had personal experience of this a few years ago, the response must have cost millions. The air ambulance actually turned up. What for? To help sweep up the chunks?
astraboy.

seriously? is there much left or is it a genuine splatterfest?

what would scooby do 01 December 2011 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by bigsinky (Post 10359223)
seriously? is there much left or is it a genuine splatterfest?

Meat rain for 200 yards

syko89 01 December 2011 09:05 AM

To be honest they could just kill themselves quietly if they really wanted to.

Costing the country millions and holding up everyones day is just selfish, id leave them to rot.

hodgy0_2 01 December 2011 09:22 AM

They should follow the exemplary example set by Speedy and hang themselves in the comfort of their own garage

selfish cvnts

dpb 01 December 2011 09:43 AM

Grirlfriend comments that hes covering up his dodgy private life

BOB.T 01 December 2011 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by subaruturbo_18 (Post 10359120)
Blatantly private healthcare

So you didn't see the air ambulance and the TV crews outside the NHS hospital in York then?

(Yes I realise he transferred to Private...)

JDM_Stig 01 December 2011 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by what would scooby do (Post 10359212)
WHAT AN OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be a waste of good bullets

but think of the money we would save not paying their pensions out lol

fivetide 01 December 2011 11:19 AM

Hammond has raised loads for the air ambulance since then so bit petty for someone to have a swipe at that.

The issue is still the same, no one likess the pen pushing health and safety, red tape idiots. I don't think anyone is saying Doctors, nurses, coppers etc don't do a tough job and should get some reward at the end.

It's all the other dross that's the issue.

5t.

f1_fan 01 December 2011 11:51 AM

Unison are taking legal advice over Clarkson's comments.

What a pathetic organisation they are..... militant troublemakers with no grasp on reality.

Leslie 01 December 2011 11:56 AM

Whatever one thinks about the strikers, it does not change the fact that Clarkson is an A1 fully fledged dickhead!

He is only trying ineffectively to impress us all with his "overpowering personality" by making such mindbendingly stupid pronouncements in an attempt to get those against any form of authority on his side. Its a very childish way to behave.

Its a shame really,because when he presents a serious programme without the other two worshippers from TOP GEAR, he is a very capable and interesting presenter.

Les

ReallyReallyGoodMeat 01 December 2011 12:04 PM

He is a TV presenter, an entertainer, and he's gotten to where he is now because people enjoy his outlandish character, and obviously-exaggerated opinions. The fact Unison are treating his comments as a legal matter are beyond sanity.

Gear Head 01 December 2011 12:05 PM

So much for freedom of speech. :rolleyes:

There would be public uproar if Clarkson was convicted of anything.
He is just outlining how most of UK feel about the public sector strikes.
Greedy people with a lot already, wanting more. :razz:

GlesgaKiss 01 December 2011 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 10359419)
Whatever one thinks about the strikers, it does not change the fact that Clarkson is an A1 fully fledged dickhead!

He is only trying ineffectively to impress us all with his "overpowering personality" by making such mindbendingly stupid pronouncements in an attempt to get those against any form of authority on his side. Its a very childish way to behave.

Its a shame really,because when he presents a serious programme without the other two worshippers from TOP GEAR, he is a very capable and interesting presenter.

Les

He is, Les, but so what? It's not so much trying to impress us, but trying to get a laugh with humour so close to bone that it's really making fun of itself. A lot of people obviously do like his tv persona, myself included. You're free to just avoid watching the guy.

f1_fan 01 December 2011 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Gear Head (Post 10359437)
So much for freedom of speech. :rolleyes:

There would be public uproar if Clarkson was convicted of anything.
He is just outlining how most of UK feel about the public sector strikes.
Greedy people with a lot already, wanting more. :razz:

Where were you on the public sector strike thread yesterday when we needed you? :D

Blue by You 01 December 2011 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by ReallyReallyGoodMeat (Post 10359435)
He is a TV presenter, an entertainer, and he's gotten to where he is now because people enjoy his outlandish character, and obviously-exaggerated opinions.

There are an awful lot of people missing this point.
He plainly said it to be outrageous and to inflame opinion.
Ta-da, it worked.
And now he'll be watched even more on the TV to see if he says anything equally provocative, and make even more money. Until the ultra PC knob head brigade get him banned.

Doesn't the strike in itself constitute a provocative action?
Does anybody with more than half a brain really think Clarkson is campaigning for the public execution of strikers?
And as for people who end their lives intentionally underneath a train, I'm sure they wouldn't mind if the world carried on without them.
As it does.