ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Yet another misfire! (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/915340-yet-another-misfire.html)

steve ex vauxhall 30 November 2011 08:28 PM

Yet another misfire!

omg, another frickin misfire.
when cold this time, starts and comes off choke fine, then mis like hell to 4000rpm, pulls like a train from there? can go on for about half an hour.
but then gone again and may not come back for hours?

changed coil and leads, re gapped plugs (new)
cleaned maf and checked with a meter, all readings correct to spec.

Can anyone think of anything that will cause a mis when cold only but then run sweet when warm?

No fault codes stored either:confused:

forgot to say, 99 classic, bailey dump valve, no cats, turbo timer, looks to be standard ecu, unsure of spec (see last thread), it's certainly not what it was listed as when i got it, but life is one big gamble, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose;)

scoobydoobytim 30 November 2011 08:33 PM

lambda sensor all day long mate.

P1Drifter 30 November 2011 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by scoobydoobytim (Post 10358595)
lambda sensor all day long mate.

agree

steve ex vauxhall 30 November 2011 08:49 PM

cheers fellas, much much appreciated:thumb:

scoobydoobytim 30 November 2011 08:55 PM

no probs let us know how you get on.

steve ex vauxhall 30 November 2011 09:00 PM

will do, not cheap are they, is there only one?
would normally go straight out and get the bonnet up now, but heaving it down here, and blowing a ruddy gale, and i only have on street parking, so bugger that, can wait till the morning.lol

although am very curious now and may just chance it if the weather breaks a little:wonder:

scoobydoobytim 30 November 2011 09:12 PM

I know a couple of people who use the universal ones that you solder your existing plug on and they have worked fine but its all personal choice. You just need to check if its the 3 or 4 wir type you can pick them up for £30 on ebay

steve ex vauxhall 30 November 2011 09:26 PM

cheers, ebay in another window now,

scoobydoobytim 30 November 2011 09:32 PM

I have pm'd you as well mate

steve ex vauxhall 01 December 2011 04:05 PM

Bought a blueprint one from local motor factors, wont be in till the morning £44 sound ok ?
There are much cheaper options , but having now looked at mine properly it looks to have one of the universal types on it now so i am thinking steer clear of these?

scoobydoobytim 01 December 2011 05:17 PM

Hopefully sort it then mate just dounle check after the ECU hasn't stored any fault codes they usually don't on the lambda but consider a reset anyway. I have emailed you that picture as well mate just get back to me.

steve ex vauxhall 02 December 2011 03:25 PM

Spot on lads, new lambda on, first time she's driven like a dream all day (touch wood)
Cant say thanks enough to you but, see you later for those Tim, just waiting for rush hour to go them be on way, prob be somewhere near 1900 when get there.
cheers

P1Drifter 02 December 2011 05:29 PM

glad its sorted :)