ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Anyone been skiing in Kaprun Austria (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/915178-anyone-been-skiing-in-kaprun-austria.html)

scooby1929 29 November 2011 05:45 PM

Anyone been skiing in Kaprun Austria

I am booking a ski hol for six of us this year all guys in their mid 30s. Anyone been to this resort? What ere your thoughts??

justin_watson 29 November 2011 06:19 PM

I've done Norway, that was awesome!

Hawk aye the noo 29 November 2011 06:21 PM

Yes, I spent one day in Kaprun a good few years ago now. I was actually staying in Zell am Zee along the road a few miles. We skied the Glacier but didn't get a chance to ski all over. I do remember the run down from the glacier to where you pick up the funicular had some great gun barrels to play on, but be carfull if you do and don't go too far to the left side coming down as there are a few big drops and cliff edges. I think if I remember right you can see them from the chair lift on the way up so you can take note before you ski. from what I can remember. The town was quite nice from what I remember but like I said, it was a long time ago.:thumb:

I am off with 6 friends to Tignes in France in feb:luxhello: was there last year and it was great skiing:)

You should enjoy Kaprun:thumb:

alcazar 29 November 2011 06:36 PM

Hmmmmmm, how is this Subaru related?

ritchie21 29 November 2011 07:35 PM

Not skied there (though very tempted!) but did have a week there in the summer. Beautiful place, fantastic people and exceptionally clean. Would love to move there. You'll love it!

stevep360 29 November 2011 07:39 PM

Good but limited dependant on your ability

hutton_d 29 November 2011 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by stevep360 (Post 10356806)
Good but limited dependant on your ability

Went with a couple of mates at the start of 2004 and so I agree with Stevep360. If you're any good then there's not much skiing. Lovely bars/view/etc but I'd go elsewhere for more challenging snow.

Dave

andythejock01wrx 29 November 2011 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Hawk aye the noo (Post 10356655)
Yes, I spent one day in Kaprun a good few years ago now. I was actually staying in Zell am Zee along the road a few miles. We skied the Glacier but didn't get a chance to ski all over. I do remember the run down from the glacier to where you pick up the funicular had some great gun barrels to play on, but be carfull if you do and don't go too far to the left side coming down as there are a few big drops and cliff edges. I think if I remember right you can see them from the chair lift on the way up so you can take note before you ski. from what I can remember. The town was quite nice from what I remember but like I said, it was a long time ago.:thumb:

I am off with 6 friends to Tignes in France in feb:luxhello: was there last year and it was great skiing:)

You should enjoy Kaprun:thumb:

Was gonna post about my mate that had been there, but you got there first! :D