ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   HOW TO REMOVE INJECTORS FROM RAILS...?!?! (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/913901-how-to-remove-injectors-from-rails.html)

joz8968 19 November 2011 08:06 PM

HOW TO REMOVE INJECTORS FROM RAILS...?!?!

I have a set of OEM ph.2 440s still in their rails that I need to remove.

How on earth do you do it - they look like they won't budge!

Confused.com. :confused:

leecalcars 19 November 2011 08:27 PM

removed mine quite simple really , if you have the rails off the car then carefully put a rag in a vice then on the square edges of the injector turn upside down in the vice and gently close the vice to grip the injector then in a twisting and pulling motion carefully pull out the injector from its cup ,the rubber o ring is causing the seal which can be very tight .

Hope that helps you mate bit crude but worked for me without any damage at all.

joz8968 19 November 2011 08:35 PM

Fab!

Yeah we have a bench vice at my other work place (where I'm not cited). But, fatefully, I've gotta be there on Monday! So bonus. :)

Many thanks. :)

leecalcars 19 November 2011 08:39 PM

your welcome mate !

99greenwagon 19 November 2011 09:28 PM

you could always "spark" them out?:norty:
:cuckoo:

scoobjam74 19 November 2011 09:33 PM

hi john i use two screwdrivers in the holes in the side of the injector and prise equally on each side usine the holes in the square section if you get stuck and need a hand i can pop over not far to come mate just pm me kk cheers bud :thumb:

joz8968 19 November 2011 11:20 PM

Yeah I tried.... one... screwdriver in those holes. But obviously it won't come out like that, due to the angled pressure. :cuckoo: I might try to do it tomoz using 2.

If I can't get em out,then I'll try the vice method on Monday. If it don't work, then I'll let you know sj74. Cheers.

Oh and 99gw.... :lol1:

merlin24 20 November 2011 12:02 AM

Soak in your favorite flavour of rust penetrant
Lightly grip the Injector with a pair of water pump pliers on the flats
Twist Injector 90 degrees back and forth while pulling upwards
Try not twating yourself in the face when the Injector comes out :lol1:

Mick

joz8968 20 November 2011 12:11 AM

Cheers Mick! :)

joz8968 21 November 2011 07:03 PM

Got 'em out! :)

Used the vice method. Typically though, one wouldn't come out. So kept it in the vice and prised it with a screwdriver in one of the side holes... POP!!! "Where did it go?!?!"... 2 seconds later, CRACK!!!... The thing had fired out so fast, it hit the ceiling like a ****ing bullet! LOL!

Good thing I remembered to keep my noggin well away from 'the line of fire'! :eek:

leecalcars 22 November 2011 11:53 AM

Glad you got them out mate job done !

Baz82 22 November 2011 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by leecalcars (Post 10344288)
Glad you got them out mate job done !

X2 , its easier gettthem out when in the car i think

joz8968 22 November 2011 06:30 PM

Totally Baz, as the rails ain't going anywhere - so all the force is vectored into the injectors' favour. ;)

BTW, in my attempts I've deformed (squidged in) the square shoulders of the yellow top halves (in the vice - but I used a cloth though!). Do you reckon Mark @ Lateral will have a problem with that (I'm gonna do the same as you Lee and get them flow-matched to 900cc ;))...

leecalcars 22 November 2011 06:37 PM

When i removed my 440's to sell i didnt think into getting them flow matched from lateral so i bought another set having not found any 550's for the right price .

The 2nd set i purchased didnt have any marks on the top of the injector but wouldn't have thought it would be a problem for them if they are damaged they have a few in stock so easily replaced.

Mine are away at lateral now and should be ready end of the week !

joz8968 22 November 2011 06:49 PM

Yeah, the damage is only superficial - the injectors' functionality won't be harmed. Plus it's only on 2.

Mark, I'm sure, can concentrate on getting those damaged ones, themselves, flow-matched within the 2%. That way he can return those ones back to me (so that he doesn't have to have them)... ;)