ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   Right Then.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/913685-right-then.html)

Silver Scooby Sport 18 November 2011 05:43 AM

Right Then....

Let's pull the pants up in this section lol

Red what's going on with the rolled arches then ?

How's the R coming on Taylor ?

How's the R there Danny what's happening over there on the west coast ?

How's is Daz getting in with RWD ?

These are just a few questions that need answers :-)

redwards 18 November 2011 07:02 AM

Been busy here, but nothing exciting. Scooby wise, I've changed the clutch. It took a while to get the engine out as a nut had welded it's thread to the turbo stud. Fitted new studs and nuts to try and stop it happening again. Also fitted decent vacuumn hose for the boost gauge.

After dropping the engine back in I have an oil leak in the NS camshaft bearings, so that's next on the list.

KJD Mk1 18 November 2011 10:47 AM

Are we pulling up pants to normal levels or " right up" Simon Cowel style:D

The Trooper 1815 18 November 2011 11:04 AM

1. Change the wheels for the winter.
2. Fit new Alloy front wishbones that have Poly bushes fitted, so some alloy arms for sale soon.
3. Quick rack and new engine cradle.
4. Fit the re-trimmed door cards and headliner (Mr Kitey is a star).
5. Repair the crack in the Recaro shells and get them Carbon wrapped.
6. Fit the Carbon Roof from the Group Buy.
7. New pulleys and cambelt.
8. Last of the lightweight pulleys.
9. Engine dress up bolts.

I think that's it :wonder:.

R1CH D 18 November 2011 11:38 AM

stripping mine into bits and selling up, most parts spoken for.

Cannon Fodder 18 November 2011 11:51 AM

I'm here :D

The car is just about to have the front bumper changed back to the standard STi with a replica V Limited splitter, WRC intercooler hose clamps fitted, new clutch changed, glow in the dark wheels and pcd adapters / spacers fitted plus some other minor tweaks as well. :)

That's it for now anyway. ;)

ps the WRC mirrors have come off as well.

pps all the chavvy light carbon fibre stick on trim has been removed as well.

STI Glenn 18 November 2011 12:19 PM

Getting car serviced next month ,nothing else needed

Any plans for yours Si

"Taylor" 18 November 2011 12:36 PM

R is coming along nicely thanks Si. :)
Inlet manifold refurbed and back on with some Cosworth thermal spacers/gaskets. Samco turbo inlet pipe fitted. Oil breathers all re-routed to a catch tank and PCV valve deleted. Next job is Cosworth timing belt with new water pump and cool running thermostat all boxed up and ready to be fitted.
At the mo she's currently undergoing a little clean involving a lot of super resin polish, elbow grease, and a little High Definition wax :freak3::D

How's that gleaming STI of yours coming along?

Silver Scooby Sport 18 November 2011 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by KJD Mk1 (Post 10337805)
Are we pulling up pants to normal levels or " right up" Simon Cowel style:D

Right up to the armpits Kev :D

I've dropped a 22mm ARB on along with a rear strut brace so far. My other mod came in the post yesterday but it's going to be early next year before we are able to fit it :D

I want to know what wheels Red has now rolled his arches.

mervil 18 November 2011 01:42 PM

Well, I'm waiting for some decent weather so I can go outside and paint my hubs and struts so then I can fit the my brakes ;)

Gotta get a plate welded onto the chassis to finish fitting my gearbox then i can get the wheels painted and get her rolling :D

Oh and I'm waiting to pay for the rest of my carbon fibre roof and that will be getting fitted when I get it resprayed sometime in the new year! Phew!! Busy busy!! Anyone wanna give me some money please??

Black-Hawk 18 November 2011 04:35 PM

Might give mine a wash.

Black-Hawk 18 November 2011 04:37 PM

Then put it away til spring :)

wrx,sti 18 November 2011 05:44 PM

just had my wheels and front callipers referb and fitted new front and rear pads and disc's and put some new eagle f1's on me shiny wheels

Silver Scooby Sport 18 November 2011 05:53 PM

Everyone seems to be chipping away still, good to hear :D

I would like to do the sums on a down pipe, headers, induction kit and a map tweek at some point, not sure I'll get there but be interested to see how much.

Jimbob 18 November 2011 06:00 PM

Not that anyone cares about me but my 2p lol.

Fmic ready to go on,
pipercross cone filter ready,
440 injectors and fuel rails (getting from Rich),
tubular manifolds and up-pipe (from Rich),
Tomei FPR (from Rich).

Then once all those are here ESL and re-map, hoping for 350/350 + ish as a stage 1.

Oh and Subaru WRT stickers ftw lol.

PETER R 18 November 2011 06:48 PM

probably not of any interest to you lot , my supras missing big time , changed out a few bits that are known to be problems as the car is getting on a bit but no change , so im thinking injectors , but thats out of my league .

turboDean 18 November 2011 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 10337826)
6. Fit the Carbon Roof from the Group Buy.

Nice like the sound of this :thumb: Would love a proper carbon roof for the EVO but way to expensive LOL

Got a few plans for the EVO for the spring (if it doesnt sell by Xmas)

Anyone know anywhere that i can get some welding done on Cast Ally (inlet manifold)??

mervil 18 November 2011 07:00 PM

Sellin the Evo ?? :eek: how come dude??

turboDean 18 November 2011 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by mervil (Post 10338438)
Sellin the Evo ?? :eek: how come dude??

Its been on here (other marques section) and MLR for a while mate, fancy buying a cheap track car instead.... But im not worried if it dont sell, it'll be 500bhp in the spring hopefully if i still got it :norty:

Just looking at the Carbon roof GB see ur getting one to.... Nice :thumb: There a bargin EVO ones ive seen are around £1K + fitting :(

Silver Scooby Sport 18 November 2011 09:05 PM

I've just been checking the carbon roof GB out... And to think A lot freak out about fitting a roof hatch lol

Silver Scooby Sport 18 November 2011 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by PETER R (Post 10338420)
probably not of any interest to you lot , my supras missing big time , changed out a few bits that are known to be problems as the car is getting on a bit but no change , so im thinking injectors , but thats out of my league .

What year and model Peter ?

PETER R 18 November 2011 09:23 PM

94 J spec TT GZ, ive changed the plugs and the coil packs and the coil pack clips , known fault areas , but it seems that no 5 cylinder may be the problem , possible injector , but im not capable of striping off the bits you need to get to the injectors .
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2.../supe001-1.jpg

Silver Scooby Sport 18 November 2011 09:31 PM

Sorry Peter no tech knowledge here but I expect someone will be able to help you when they read this.

PETER R 18 November 2011 09:33 PM

ok thanks , :thumb:

mervil 18 November 2011 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Scooby Sport (Post 10338614)
I've just been checking the carbon roof GB out... And to think A lot freak out about fitting a roof hatch lol

Piece of p1ss fitting a vent ;) I'll be getting Dragon Windscreens to remove and refit the glass, my mate will be respraying the rest then I'll get the roof fitted when it's all done :) then it'll be my turn to cut the vent in AGAIN :lol1: that should be fun!

Silver Scooby Sport 18 November 2011 10:00 PM

What's the score with cutting carbon Merv ? Your going to be on vent 10 soon buddy :D
Does the carbon fray on the edges e.g. like timber or does it cut clean without problem.

mervil 18 November 2011 10:27 PM

I have absolutely no idea but I'll find out soon enough :) looking forward to doing yours ;) should look mint when it's done!!

Black-Hawk 19 November 2011 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Scooby Sport (Post 10338614)

fitting a roof skin is easy peesy Si, trim out, glass out, protect surounding areas, drill spot welds, cut bond, remove skin, prep ready for new skin & treat bare metal, have a cuppa, test fit new skin then get the bonding out, rebuild, happy days! I considered a carbon roof when the garage door came down on my roof :( but Steve from dent devils came and worked his magic and lifted the creases instead :)

mervil 19 November 2011 10:54 AM

You could do with a roof vent Jarv ;)

Black-Hawk 19 November 2011 11:11 AM

I know merv, I'd love one, but they're to expensive imo.