ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Nissan GTR and Kids (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/913458-nissan-gtr-and-kids.html)

Littleted 16 November 2011 10:57 AM

Nissan GTR and Kids

Guys with these, whats room like in the back, is ot Porsche like ie if your kids have no legs its fine .

or can you actually fit 4 people in the car, also Child seats does it work in the GTR ie shes 4 and about to move from baby bucket type to Recaro esk, would it fit.

I keep looking at them and if i can nail this issue, then i may plump for one.

One last question

Take the subaru MPG into Mind not that it all bothers me financially but metally it does.

motorway 70mph 80MPh what MPG you guys getting in my scooby i get around 27 to 32.

Thanks

ted

p.S

Does that 500 BHP upgrade totally waste fuel econemy ?

urban 16 November 2011 11:19 AM

I don't own a GTR, been in a mates a few times.
Back seats - I can't see how you could have 4 adults in the car.
2 adults in front and two small children in the back would appear feasible

Child seat - sorry, can't help

10bats 16 November 2011 11:32 AM

not got a gtr but have driven, worked on and been in dozens, the back seats are useless for adults, small children are ok, a child seat probably would not fit because of the size and shape of the rear seat base, to be sure you would have to try and fit one.
or check the gtr forum, someone must know the answer.

Cammy5106 16 November 2011 11:36 AM

Nissans stance is no one over the age of 11, which to be honest is a push at that. My old demo R35 my Mrs kid sister who was only 8 found her legs just fitted.

No one could sit in the seat behind me as I am 6ft tall and my seat was more or less touching the back seat base when in my driving position.

Littleted 16 November 2011 01:39 PM

ok thanks guys

alloy 16 November 2011 05:30 PM

Back seats only good for either laptop or helmet if you're on the way to the track!

on motorway at 70/80 mine returns 28/29mpg and has basic tune up to circa 600bhp, i also have an economy map but i always forget to use it.....

Dingdongler 16 November 2011 06:27 PM

I actually took my small son (then 4) and a child seat along when I test drove a GTR. I could not get them to fit in anything other than a very dangerous position.

There is more room in the back of a 997 because I did exactly the same thing when I test drove the 997 turbo

Dave Thornton 16 November 2011 08:21 PM

It's worth bearing in mind the law regarding children/child seats. Above 135cm tall (4 ft 5 in old money) they don't need any booster. Above xx kg and below 135cm and they need a booster seat (which in some cars either doesn't fit the shape of the seat or makes the child run out of headroom). There's probably an optimum age for children in the back of a GT-R - sounds like 9-11 based on the above.

Jimpreza 16 November 2011 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Thornton (Post 10335385)
There's probably an optimum age for children in the back of a GT-R - sounds like 9-11 based on the above.

Dave you sicko

Dingdongler 17 November 2011 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by Jimpreza (Post 10335782)
Dave you sicko

:nono:
:lol1::lol1:

grahamc 17 November 2011 12:29 PM

I have had 2 adults in the back of mine... although it was a little snug and only a short trip. Im not that tall and can move the seat quite far forward.

My missus has been in the back a bit and its not too bad. Her only complaint, is that the centre console is not comfortable enough to sleep on and that she keeps hitting her head on the rear window :)