ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Massive Relief To Call A End To A Long Year (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/913374-massive-relief-to-call-a-end-to-a-long-year.html)

quattroowner 15 November 2011 05:49 PM

Massive Relief To Call A End To A Long Year

Well After My Mum's diagnosis on Jan 6th this year with Grade 4 Malignant Breast cancer at the age of 52. Today was the end of her treatment,

Started her Chemotherapy a month later.. after 5 courses (1 every 3/4 weeks). The lump was the size of a snooker ball and then some, And having started to spread into the lymphnodes. She had her operation at ARI on August 1st ( My bday ) then later on started the radiotherapy 20 doses over 3 weeks and 2 days. And finally the docter can say she has beaten cancer. Next has to go back in february for a skin check up and stuff.

such a massive relief and a weight of the family's shoulders to now after being told you possible wont see your 53rd birthday "witch is on march 3rd" to makin a full turn around.

I can only hope and pray that anyone else affected by cancer can have atleast some of the luck my mum and the family have had.

So please lads and ladies..if in doubt go the docter's . . it's amazing what they can do and the staff and nurses are so positive about it. All about recovery and not suffering. Please. . .For you ..your family,kids,parents,cousins,friends.

all the best to everyone and will have a pint later wishing anyone and everyone the same outcome

love

Tom

DCI Gene Hunt 15 November 2011 06:28 PM

Pleased for you both, great outcome... enjoy your pint tonight and especially your family Christmas 2011, it'll be really special on the back of that news :)

DCI....

Jamie 15 November 2011 07:49 PM

Why is this in muppets?

quattroowner 15 November 2011 10:53 PM

Didnt now were else to put it.Scoobynet general and other bit's seem more related to car problem's. Were can i put it?

oldsplice 16 November 2011 09:08 AM

Non Scooby Related. :thumb:

RobsyUK 16 November 2011 06:48 PM

That brilliant news. The sooner they find a cure the better !

PaulZero 18 November 2011 09:43 AM

Great New m8, best wishes to you and your mum

quattroowner 21 November 2011 12:38 AM

thanks guy's If a mod could move it i be very grateful:).Wish i could celebrate properly .but with working 2 job's 7 days a week it's getting a bit difficult.

All the best to everyone else's health on the forum and outside the scooby community :)

stedee 21 November 2011 04:25 AM

congrats mate, a real reason to be happy

Kieran_Burns 21 November 2011 11:26 AM

Excellent news - and moved across as asked :)

Ant 21 November 2011 11:35 AM

Great news!!
My gran beat breast cancer so proud of her that she did it

jods 21 November 2011 11:39 AM

Ding Dong - Happy day :)

Congrats - Give your Mum a super big hug :)

Leslie 21 November 2011 02:08 PM

Really glad about your news. Been along a similar road so I can well understand the relief.

Les :)

quattroowner 28 November 2011 03:44 PM

The relief is well . .a amazing feeling. . Honestly feel's like a huge weight of my mum's shoulder's.shes looking that bit happier and a bit healthier every day:)

Wish everyone the perfect present for xmas. Their Health

Thankyou Scoobynet:)

The Zohan 28 November 2011 03:48 PM

Really good news!:)

quattroowner 08 December 2011 12:00 PM

Hope everyone has a great Christmas and new year. Im Bloody sure i will be

Coffin Dodger 08 December 2011 12:38 PM

Great news to hear about someone beating the big C :thumb: Truly evil thing is cancer.

Unfortunately my Dad has been given a terminal diagnosis after being treated for bowel cancer. The operated earlier this year but it was a bit further gone than they'd first thought. He got put on Chemo but it really wasn't making a difference and made him very ill so he stopped it. Can still hold out hope for a miracle though :)

Got diagnosed roughly three years after having a tumour removed from his oesophagus so you've got to wonder if it's all related. Annoyingly he'd been to the doctor on several occasions with bowel issues but they just fobbed him off with it being a irritable bowel, finally when they agreed to send him for an internal examination it was probably too late :(

Anyway he's well into his seventies so not a bad innings. We're taking our boy to theirs, as well as ourselves, for his first ever Crimbo which should be nice.